• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about todays Patch/Update

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

Enhanced Client Update
Chrissay Zeeman
28 Jul 2009 14:14:55 EST
Updates:

* Updated the look of the rune beetle

Bug Fixes:

* Fixed crash caused by purchasing items from NPC merchants
* Fixed issues with contents not displaying in Legacy Container view
* Fixed issues with the custom user interface not loading properly
======================================================

Does this mean that user Mods are working now?

F

Fink

Hmm.. I would have preferred they enable custom mods when the client is finalised. The temptation for the devs would be to not include or fix features because "there's a mod for it already".

That, and I'm totally swamped with work & study and I don't have time to play with skins at the moment! :wall:

But.. modded goodness is always welcome.

O

Old Man of UO

Hmm.. But.. modded goodness is always welcome.
I hope, I hope, I hope... that updates to the BBE are minor and simple. I want my buff timers and health bar percentages, and In-Game clock... and... and .. I WANT MY BBE BACK!

There... now I feel better.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I hope, I hope, I hope... that updates to the BBE are minor and simple. I want my buff timers and health bar percentages, and In-Game clock... and... and .. I WANT MY BBE BACK!

There... now I feel better.
I feel your pain I second that

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

NO!

Custom mods are NOT working properly and in fact break things SPECTACULARLY depending on what you try to put in.

Let's see, a quick rundown of tests show:

1. Unzipping the Default.zip into it's own folder and installing it as a custom UI creates a UI the client will not read, so even the SA custom UI is NOT COMPATIBLE with SA.

2. XML and DDS (texture) files in the UI folders cause the specificed item in the XML or DDS file to become invisible and non-functional

3. Porting over BB_E directly will create a situation in which you have NO UI AT ALL and must externally exit the program.

4. LUA files are the only files that "work", however a quick copy of BB_E into SA and deleting everything except the LUA files solved the invisibility problem, but still left me with a very broken and unusable UI (however the main menu at least worked).

In short... Custom UIs do not work yet in SA... at least not in any manner that can be called "working"... they just no longer do "nothing".

A

Ash

NO!

Custom mods are NOT working properly and in fact break things SPECTACULARLY depending on what you try to put in.

Let's see, a quick rundown of tests show:

1. Unzipping the Default.zip into it's own folder and installing it as a custom UI creates a UI the client will not read, so even the SA custom UI is NOT COMPATIBLE with SA.

2. XML and DDS (texture) files in the UI folders cause the specificed item in the XML or DDS file to become invisible and non-functional

3. Porting over BB_E directly will create a situation in which you have NO UI AT ALL and must externally exit the program.

4. LUA files are the only files that "work", however a quick copy of BB_E into SA and deleting everything except the LUA files solved the invisibility problem, but still left me with a very broken and unusable UI (however the main menu at least worked).

In short... Custom UIs do not work yet in SA... at least not in any manner that can be called "working"... they just no longer do "nothing".
You guys know I never say quit.. I got an idea or two up my sleeve but won't be till tomorrow till I dive any deeper than I managed tonight. But hopefully they will patch again soon so don't have to do too much working around.