• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Talismans

• Thread starter DHMagicMan_1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

DHMagicMan_1

I've been starting to do some of the quests for carpentry, bowcrafting, tinkering etc... my first time and alll...

I've collected a lot of recipies and talismans... One curious thing I've seen...

I know I saw at least one talisman saying ingot summoning and another wood summoning? How do these work? What do they do? One time use? Rechargeable?

Anything would help.

Thanks.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if they have a number of charges on them. Then once the charges run out they can't summon anymore. However players can make something to recharge talismans. I still haven't fully figured out that part yet. Personally I only keep the talismans with unlimited charges. Just makes it easier. After you use a charge there is a small time timer before you can use another charge. So hence you wont be able to get alot of wood or ingots too fast.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Where does it summon from? Your Bank? Your Secures at your house? Wood or Ingots you never had but were created by the Talisman? How many do you get per charge?

This is all so new to me. So exciting....

I hate it when work interferes with playing.

Maybe I'll install 2d client on work machine. Do you think anyone would notice?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The amount given is 10 ingots or 10 normal boards.

The timer is 60 seconds.

The item that is used to recharge them is the runed switch - it requires a GM Lumberjack and a GM Miner (that can mine sand, after reading that book) to get the raw materials (Switch and sand, plus some ingots - the normal gems can be bought or loot), a GM Alchemist (with Glassblowing specialty), Tinker, and Scribe to make the parts from those raw materials, and a Carpenter to assemble those parts. Not even most supermules have all those skills on one character.

D

DHMagicMan_1

10 ingots or boards isn't even worth the time or trouble. :)

I went through 1500 boards in about 45 minutes doing bow quest... would an extra 10 boards a few times have helped in some special way?

ROTFL

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When I get a board summoning talisman while doing the bow quests, I'd put it on, and trigger it every time it came up. In your example, if the talisman had 35 charges, you could have gotten an extra 5 quests (a simple bow or ingenious Archery I) worth of boards from that talisman, before running it out of charges.

Or, looking at the number 1600 (the capacity of a pack animal), it is 10 short of a quest's worth of Boards. If you only have room for 400 boards on you, you'll be 20 short there as well. You could use 3 charges during your trip to heartwood, and get the 30 boards you need to finish one more quest, combined with the 40 that would have been left over. for your 1500 board example, that's 21 quests plus 30 left over. 4 talisman uses would get you a 22nd quest.

It's more of a specialized use (to get the most boards you can into heartwood), but one can find a use for them.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually it takes 70 boards to do one quest.
they want 10 bows at 7 boards each but yes, they are free..

i get about 2 or 3 or so talisman with board summon per trip, probably 300 to 500 extra boards :)

also, the bandage summon one, while not really usefull as a means to replace bandages on a warrior they are very very very helpfull to tamers.. since they can be insured...
if a tamer dies, pet dies, tamer gets ressed he can res the pet before going back into danger.

those sell well.. very well :)
general rule, keep the slayers, keep anything over 25/25 on bonus and keep the owned by noone bandage summon :)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to lay my hands on a talisman with:
- summon ingots
- deep sea serpent protection
- high inscription or tinkering bonus
- high inscription or tinkering exceptional bonus
But I guess, there are not many techno-mage fishers with additional inscription out there. So its probably only me dreaming of such a talisman. :D