• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about scrolls making non magery spells easier to cast?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok... so somewhere in the depths of 17 years I know that a magery scroll casts a given spell as if it was 2 spell circles smaller.... so a 7th circle flamstrike scroll would cast as if it was a 5th circle spell for determin your chance of fizzling...... What I cannot remember is if this is true for Mysticism / necromancy / spell weaving scrolls.....Anyone know? Ultimately I just want say corpse skin for a 40 sdi focus mage heh... I honestly don't think the scrolls make it easier to cast for anything but magery but I'm not positive....

ANYONE?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i used to use them for events to get into wrath for events when damage mattered. so necro ones definitely work. im assuming all do but have only tried necro.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i used to use them for events to get into wrath for events when damage mattered. so necro ones definitely work. im assuming all do but have only tried necro.
So...lemme know if I assume wrong..... but I'm thinking your on a human character and thus have 20 necromancy which is the min skill for wraith... with a scroll did you fizzle much? Not quite sure how 2 spell circles lower translates in necro...

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well i been using that trick for couple years now, joat human pure sdi mage using omen scroll for insane flamestrike, thing is at 20 necro you fail 50% of the time even with a scroll, but I heard at 29,9 necro you will fail only 25% of the time, best combo is omen + poison for lethal ;).

You could do corpse skin even without spirit speak but youd need to omen first then corpse skin right after . So youd need both scrolls in your backpacks all the time heh.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...lemme know if I assume wrong..... but I'm thinking your on a human character and thus have 20 necromancy which is the min skill for wraith... with a scroll did you fizzle much? Not quite sure how 2 spell circles lower translates in necro...
joat would work but i had 20 necro on garg and used the scroll for better success rate.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i been using that trick for couple years now, joat human pure sdi mage using omen scroll for insane flamestrike, thing is at 20 necro you fail 50% of the time even with a scroll, but I heard at 29,9 necro you will fail only 25% of the time, best combo is omen + poison for lethal ;).

You could do corpse skin even without spirit speak but youd need to omen first then corpse skin right after . So youd need both scrolls in your backpacks all the time heh.
Hmm... yea I just haven't played a pure focused caster in awhile that didn't have some other gimmick to use. I'll have to test it and see how much a scroll improves your chance to cast.... Probably just make 100 necro scrolls and see how many I fizzle.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I use wraith scrolls a lot with my human bard. With JOAT, I fizzle maybe 30 to 40% of the time.