• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Pinco's UIs and Tameables' goodness on display...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most tamers know that there are several usefull calculators out there to calculate the "rating" of tameables.

My question is, do Pinco's UIs have available anything that, when having Animal Lore one can "look" at the tameable "before" taming it and determine what the rating after taming will be ?

Something that basically does all of the calculations and displays a small gump telling the rating or a color coded thing showing a better or worse quality of the creature "after" being tamed....

This, would save quite a lot of time and avoid spending taming time to tame creatures which then, after taming would result with a lower quality and thus not "keepers"....

Thanks.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AFAIK Pincos just shows you the pet power rating. There's info about it here.

The best way to select a good pet doesn't require any calculation or taming :) Go to the Hunter's Guide page for your chosen pet, take a note of the maximum figures that your pet can spawn with. Either stick that note to the side of your monitor, or you can carry them in a book you buy from the provisioners.

You can also take note of the average spawn stats or say 95% of perfect if that was the minimum you wanted. Or say you want a better dragon than your current one, you'd list that as your base requirement. I tend to list things like "fire resist 20-35" where 20 is the average/my best pet and 35 is the max possible.

But I don't calculate anything when I'm looking at pets. I lore them and if their stats look good, then I'll tame it. I only use the power calculator to gauge the sort of price it might sell for, and give players an estimate of it's strength.

Wenchy