• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Luck

If me and another character kill a monster and we are both wearing luck. Is the luck independent of each character or. Does the luck combine to create better items?

Thanks!

Xoos

Journeyman
I believe it uses the luck of the person who deals the most damage, only. It does not stack. So if you're in a big group and that sampire is obviously dealing the most damage but at the end he/she doesn't switch to his/her luck suit right before the boss is killed, then you all get potentially worse loot. :)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
isnt that why everyone disbands the party right before boss dies ?

Xoos

Journeyman
I'm not 100% sure it matters when it comes to luck. I think a monster's total loot is rolled against luck one time and it rolls against the luck of whomever did the most damage. Dunno if that has anything to do with why everyone disbands... my guess is that they don't want to share the special drop chance with others. Or maybe more people get a chance at a special drop if they aren't all in one party? I really have no idea.

I'm going by a uoguide article (FYI) - Luck - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm not 100% sure it matters when it comes to luck. I think a monster's total loot is rolled against luck one time and it rolls against the luck of whomever did the most damage. Dunno if that has anything to do with why everyone disbands... my guess is that they don't want to share the special drop chance with others. Or maybe more people get a chance at a special drop if they aren't all in one party? I really have no idea.

I'm going by a uoguide article (FYI) - Luck - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
last hit before the target die the luck apply from that player for the loot so thats why many carry a luck suit and stich before last hit

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
isnt that why everyone disbands the party right before boss dies ?
people disband party to have individual loot and many mobs give a maximum of x items so if you are all separate instead of say 50 items you will receive 20 each... like scalis do it in party not much loot break party 200 items on corpse