• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about floor tiles

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the Tokuno wood floors have a problem with people being able to 'hear' through the floors. Do the new SA floors have this same problem?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if you can hear through the new flooring? I really would like to design my house with the new SA tiles, but want to make sure that wouldn't be a problem. Was hoping someone would know rather than me testing it as it would mean pulling down vendors and a serious headache, only to have to revert the design if the SA flooring suffered from the same problem.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would test this for you but I don't have my laptop at the moment and I wasn't aware that was the reason previously for the hearing through floors, I will of coarse when I get my laptop back do heavy testing on this subject But I had assumed it was gaps being left due to ladders or stairs but perhaps your right perhaps the devs left off a tag they shouldn't have. In which case if we do proper testing and report to them maybe it will be an "Easy" fix =)

You could of course get some friends and test it your self first...

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious though now still don't have my laptop back but so is this actually the cause for text through floors ? I feel like its not but I can't be sure with out testing... Can any one give me any info on this?

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not positive the reason. But i know like if you use grass or snow colored for floors you can hear what is said in the room below it.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could of course get some friends and test it your self first...
I have a lot of friends, thank you :( I just don't have the new floor tiles designed into my house.

I was simply attempting to ask before I took down all the vendors to save myself the heartache. I know the Tokuno wood floors you could hear through them and still can to the best of my knowledge. I believe it was from them not meshing against the wall fully.

Perhaps you didn't mean to come across as mean and it is simply a misunderstanding... after all we can't hear someone's tone in typing *smiles* Thanks for any assistance you can give in the matter. Even though it might appear to be a stupid question to some, it means a lot to me.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No i didn't I was implying using TC =) sorry If you felt I was rude I added that in as an afterthought because I had forgotten to throw you a quicker solution then waiting until i can test it. Something I will do regardless, when I get some time Im quite intrigued at the possibility of there being a "Reason" for that annoyingness. Although if you test it first I'd love to hear your findings =)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No i didn't I was implying using TC =) sorry If you felt I was rude I added that in as an afterthought because I had forgotten to throw you a quicker solution then waiting until i can test it. Something I will do regardless, when I get some time Im quite intrigued at the possibility of there being a "Reason" for that annoyingness. Although if you test it first I'd love to hear your findings =)
Not a problem *smiles* I'll try and test it that way. I figured I was just being overly sensitive about it, so my apologies if I took it wrong

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Andrasta redesigned Goodman's library using the new floor tiles.
But I am not sure if she used them on all the floors or if that would make a difference?
There are a few homes open to the public in Ter Mur. The Penny Pincher Mall comes to mind. I believe that one is done in all the new floor tiles.
Could you test it in a house open to the public?

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just tested some of the new tiles with a friend and so far they seem to be leak proof after she finishes redoing her house for the billionth time ill update :)