Question about faction thieves and points

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lankdogg03

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 5, 2008
Just wondered how exactly faction points work for stealing sigils

W

wee papa smurf

You steal the sig from the town post you place it on the correct monolith in your base, wait till it corrupts then you steal it back and go place it on the town post and voila you have 10 points!

You can steal it from the town post and hand it to someone to place in your base and you can also steal it when it corrupts from your base and hand it to someone to place on the town post and you will still get points, you just have to be online when they actually place it on the town post. :thumbsup:

lankdogg03

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 5, 2008
Okay thanks, i knew about how to steal em and everything i just wasnt sure how the points awarded worked thanks for clearin it up

Y

Yalp

I worked all 8 sigils the other night and got a whopping 0 in points for it.. so it's definitely a buggy system!

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 8, 2008
Lake Superior
Yes I did 8 the other night and got zero points and zero silver too! A lot of work for nothing.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Lake Superior
Did the sigils stay in your base the full 4 hours, or did another faction steal them and then you stole them back?
If another faction stole the sigils while under your watch, then you steal them back, you will not get any points. They must stay on your faction monlith for the 4 hours to get the points.

When the sigils were corrupted to your faction, was the character that original stole them off the TOWN POST, logged on?
As long as your thief stole them and is logged in at the time of the sigils being corrupted, it doesn't matter who places the sigils, you the original thief will get the points.
If not then your sigils are most likely bugged, good luck with getting that taken care of.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
OUCH!

Thats just Cruel!
*shrugs* Haven't you ever noticed that alot of times, there will be sigils in the TB base on GL without anyone guarding? Most of the time, it is one of the thieves that are farming their points, without putting any effort into factions! If I steal the sigils, it is done to recover them from other bases or we are planning on guarding. The core group of TB play for factions, all of the others for greed.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
As long as your thief stole them and is logged in at the time of the sigils being corrupted, it doesn't matter who places the sigils, you the original thief will get the points.
The Siege factions work differently. It doesn't matter who steals them originally. The person who places the sig, gets the points. And as far as farming faction points by stealing sigs...how exactly is that greedy?...la

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jul 29, 2008
minocianresistance.webs.com
For the most part her spelling in that sentence was correct. But when factions are actually active on GL, plenty of 'thieves' steal off the town posts, too, not just 'theives'.

Edit: Rico, its not just after server up? The sigs sort of "forget" who the original thief was at server down, and once it comes back up whoever steals it out of the base to take it to the town gets the points.

Also, stealing sigs to farm points can be greedy in that it only serves to hurt your faction, IF you already control the towns. You simply make it easier for the other factions to get hold of all 8 towns and attempt to corrupt. With the 4 hour system that isn't hard to do.

If an enemy faction controls the towns, though, farm away.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
For the most part her spelling in that sentence was correct. But when factions are actually active on GL, plenty of 'thieves' steal off the town posts, too, not just 'theives'.

Edit: Rico, its not just after server up? The sigs sort of "forget" who the original thief was at server down, and once it comes back up whoever steals it out of the base to take it to the town gets the points.

Also, stealing sigs to farm points can be greedy in that it only serves to hurt your faction, IF you already control the towns. You simply make it easier for the other factions to get hold of all 8 towns and attempt to corrupt. With the 4 hour system that isn't hard to do.

If an enemy faction controls the towns, though, farm away.
I know Danny, you hate when someone spells thief or thieves wrong. But regardless of how I spell it, the point is on GL, there are people that work the sigils only for points which is GREED.

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 8, 2008
Lake Superior
Did the sigils stay in your base the full 4 hours, or did another faction steal them and then you stole them back?
If another faction stole the sigils while under your watch, then you steal them back, you will not get any points. They must stay on your faction monlith for the 4 hours to get the points.

When the sigils were corrupted to your faction, was the character that original stole them off the TOWN POST, logged on?
If not then your sigils are most likely bugged, good luck with getting that taken care of.
Yeah I'm not sure what the situation was, it was a week or two ago. I do think one of those was the case though. It seems to be working fine now.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
Does TB even play anymore? I've had my 3 man group in brit every night for the last 3 nights and haven't had any of our fun fights that we normally do.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Think you misunderstood me, Gracie. Wasn't ragging on your spelling.
I know you weren't Nonel :)!

No Lynk, there arent many TB on. Most are burnt out from all of the nonsense that goes along with the uber Pvpers, we have on our shard :), especially the 2 hit wonders. But once I get used to working nights again, Keeper and I will be waiting on ya :)

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Yeah I'm not sure what the situation was, it was a week or two ago. I do think one of those was the case though. It seems to be working fine now.

I think the sigils are still very buggy from the event. Glad to hear it is working now :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
I know you weren't Nonel :)!

No Lynk, there arent many TB on. Most are burnt out from all of the nonsense that goes along with the uber Pvpers, we have on our shard :), especially the 2 hit wonders. But once I get used to working nights again, Keeper and I will be waiting on ya :)
The fights we find don't last long. First we scout T2A and faction strong holds, usually finding nothing. After that we go to yew, and there are a few outcomes.

1.) SO? sitting around the gate with 6 people, my group of 4 drops three of them, the remaining three run into the house on the gate (Toad is always the first one inside).

2.) SO? sitting around the gate with 10 people on including at least 1 greater dragon, sometimes two. We attempt to fight them and lure some away for a real fight instead of stealth archers and all kill. None leave the side of the greater dragon, we find something else to do.

3.) It appears empty, but you see a flash of orange just dart across your screen so fast you can't be sure it was even there, but you recall three letters (FKD). Roughly 15 seconds later you have, 2 stealth archers trying to dismount, 5 moving shot archers, and two dismount tamers running along side of you.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 6, 2008
LOLAZYTOWN
4.) Lynk doesn't log on because he is watching "What not to wear" on TV.

M

mutau

I think the sigils are still very buggy from the event. Glad to hear it is working now :)
I've noticed that if i steal the sigils from the towns', i get the 10 points per sigil when i/guildmate returns them. if i steal it from a base, i don't get points.

M

mutau

I know Danny, you hate when someone spells thief or thieves wrong. But regardless of how I spell it, the point is on GL, there are people that work the sigils only for points which is GREED.

if the sigil points were convertable into gold, then possibly Greed. But i don't see it otherwise, please explain.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jul 29, 2008
minocianresistance.webs.com
The exact definition of "greed", per Webster: a selfish and excessive desire for more of something than is needed.

If your faction controls the towns, and you are stealing them to farm points while your faction isn't there to defend them, it is mostly greed. If left undefended in a base, it makes it that much easier for an other faction to steal them. I'd say at least 1/2 of the faction thieves out there would not bother running the sigs from all the towns...but they will from a base.

Point farmers and their holder characters also, supposedly, raise the proportions on what it takes to gain rank 10. But this system hasn't ever really worked.

M

mutau

The exact definition of "greed", per Webster: a selfish and excessive desire for more of something than is needed.

If your faction controls the towns, and you are stealing them to farm points while your faction isn't there to defend them, it is mostly greed. If left undefended in a base, it makes it that much easier for an other faction to steal them. I'd say at least 1/2 of the faction thieves out there would not bother running the sigs from all the towns...but they will from a base.

Point farmers and their holder characters also, supposedly, raise the proportions on what it takes to gain rank 10. But this system hasn't ever really worked.
I prefer to steal from the cities so i can get the points. but i've re-stolen sigils so that we can place guards at specific towns/bases. Such as guards infront of Yew Bank (very funny) or infront TB base (just as funny).

But i'll agreee that the point ranking system needs to get tweaked.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
I tested your signature today:

"Game is game, RL is RL. Don't mix-up the 2. Casting a Corp por at work won't make the jerks go away. "

This is not entirely accurate. I did the body motions and shouted corp por in my most mage-like voice at a coworker, and they definitely walked away pretty quickly.