• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Conjurer's Trinket

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked but could not find an answer to my question:
Does it work like other "Slayers" in that you do double damage to Undead but all not Undead do double damage to you?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UOGuide.com said:
Slayer Opposites

In a mechanic of the game that was long thought dormant but not, each slayer type has an "opposite." Wielding a slayer type against its opposite will cause the attacker to take more damage then he or she would otherwise. For example, using an Undead Slayer against a reptile will cause the attacker to take additional damage from the reptile.
Only monsters from the opposite group will be devastating for you.
UOGuide.com is having a little trouble for me right now, maybe server or connection problems. I used the web archive:
Slayer - UOGuide

Beware:
I think the information about reptiles quoted above is WRONG! It says reptile, but I as far as I remember the opposing group is 'Humanoid', not 'Reptile'! I would correct that right away in UOGuide if it wasn't down right now :-/ Good thing about UOGuide is: it is a Wiki. 'Anyone' can edit there (I think you have to be logged in with an account, though).

I found a Stratics page about slayers:

UO Stratics *New* | Slayer Weapons

Stratics says the opposing group is 'Humanoid' just as I thought.

uo2.stratics.com said:
Each of those groups have an opposing group. (i.e. Humanoid vs. Undead)
- The opposing group will do double damage to anyone wielding the Slayer.

Last edited:

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ok, finally the page came up. My quote above was outdated because it came from the Web Archive (March). Obviously it has long been corrected:

uoguide.com said:
Slayer Opposites

In a mechanic of the game that was long thought dormant but not, each slayer type has an "opposite." Wielding a slayer type against its opposite will cause the attacker to take more damage then he or she would otherwise. For example, using an Undead Slayer against a humanoid (Repond) will cause the attacker to take additional damage from the humanoid.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I see that, but It does not say anything about Talismans. Is it the same with talismans? If so, what is the opposite of say, Vermin Slayer, Ice Slayer, Goblin Slayer, Bird Slayer, etc?

Ok, finally the page came up. My quote above was outdated because it came from the Web Archive (March). Obviously it has long been corrected:

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes, it's the same rule for talismans. Vermin, Ice and Bird are 'Mondain’s Legacy Slayer' (I hope I am right here, if not, please anyone, tell me). Stratics says:
Stratics said:
- Mondain’s Legacy Slayers do not have an opposing group.
Quoted from here:
UO Stratics *New* | Slayer Weapons

'Goblin' is from the repond group, thus opposed to the undead.