• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Question] About chatting...

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is there a way to still use the quick-keys for chatting? IE: (, for chat, \ for guild, / for group, etc...) I think that my biggest drawback from using the Enhanced Client is how hard it is to chat with sever different people at once. It's great in many ways, but in many other ways it's like they took ten steps back, jumped to the left, stepped to the right, then ran away screaming while building this. (it's not a perfect metaphor...)

I should just make a list of questions that I want answered for the EC and see if you guys can answer 'em. I'll work on that this weekend (but if you guys answer that one up there in a way that I can chat easier, I will work on the client more).

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the EC you just use the following commands to select chat channels:

/s = say
/g = guild chat
/c = general chat or other chat channel your in
/a = alliance chat
/p = party chat

Is this what you mean?

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Late to the punch on this, but here's another way:
, = global chat
\ = guild
| = alliance
; = say
: = emote
/ = script command

for example, to send a message to my guild, I just just say "\hello!" and to global chat its ",hello world!"

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh, if you have Legacy Chat off... you can also cycle through the destinations by pressing Tab. For example, if you are currently in [SAY] mode, press Tab four times and you'll swap to [ALLIANCE] mode