• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about cancelling an account

G

graciebaby28

Our family has had 6 paid accounts for a few years now, but we have come to realize in the last year that our 2 oldest children just aren't interested in toontown much anymore. They haven't played in over 6 months. I have hesitated to cancel their accounts incase they ever wanted to come back and play, but it is just too costly to hold on to them for that when I think about it.

I know that if I take their accounts back down to the free basic level they will still have access to their top middle toon and be limited to certain areas.. but is that forever limited to the one toon? Meaning, Can I purchase a toontown card for them periodically and have *all* their toons active again during that period.

Or once I take it to the free level does that info on all their toons fall away and leave them with only the one toon forever. I am overthinking it really LOL As I highly doubt they will ever want to play again.. but my daughter's main toon is of course not the top middle.. so I would hate to have her lose it forever. And yet it seems ridiculous to keep it going when she might be interested twice a year.. and it is only a 40 laff toon.. but she has the coolest clothes collection :thumbsup: Yea, I can't believe I just said that either LOL:)

Does anyone have any experience with this? I hate to keep throwing money away if all her info would remain when/if she went back to a paid account in the future. Thanks for reading:)

S

Sarcatstic

I've had friends go back and pay for a closed acct and all the toons were still there after a year? One other thing ive done is move toons between accts, if you have a toon you dont use much just move one of theirs to your acct?

F

Fangs McWolf

I know that if I take their accounts back down to the free basic level they will still have access to their top middle toon and be limited to certain areas.. but is that forever limited to the one toon? Meaning, Can I purchase a toontown card for them periodically and have *all* their toons active again during that period.
The only thing you lose is access to the other 5 toon slots. Any toons there are still there, just cannot be used. Once you pay for access again, they are available for use. As far as I know, the account information remains no matter how long the account goes unpaid. Enjoy. :)

G

graciebaby28

I've had friends go back and pay for a closed acct and all the toons were still there after a year? One other thing ive done is move toons between accts, if you have a toon you dont use much just move one of theirs to your acct?
Thanks so much for the info. I didn't realize we could do that in regards to moving toons:) That's great to know. I'm so glad to hear we won't lose all her toons if we cancel it, that will make this decision so easy to make now. Thanks again. I really appreciate it:)

The only thing you lose is access to the other 5 toon slots. Any toons there are still there, just cannot be used. Once you pay for access again, they are available for use. As far as I know, the account information remains no matter how long the account goes unpaid. Enjoy. :)
That's great news! Thanks so much. That was my main concern. I think I was more concerned than she was really. I just hate to see any of her time spent building any toon lost:) Who knows.. one day she might think it is fun again and want to pick back up. Thanks again for the info, I appreciate it:)

C

Crazy Fireball

Incorrect - if you have a toon in a green and pink house - they will remain open. If you dont have a toon in the pink house then it is only one.

And no longer how long the account is not payed for you can go back - with ALL Your toons - at any time.

F

Fangs McWolf

Incorrect - if you have a toon in a green and pink house - they will remain open. If you dont have a toon in the pink house then it is only one.

And no longer how long the account is not payed for you can go back - with ALL Your toons - at any time.
I checked on the first comment and sure enough, both the middle toons are still there.

As for your second statement, my Crazy Fireball to English translator was unable to decipher what you were saying.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for your second statement, my Crazy Fireball to English translator was unable to decipher what you were saying.
I'll translate. No matter how long your account is not paid for, you can continue paying whenever you want to, and get the other four toons back the way you left them.

S

SSniffleslam

Trish is such an awesome translator! And it's true, we have let our accounts lapse for several months at a time and all the toons have been there when we come back. On a side note, I must have lost my mind because I just setup our third account...now the five (soon to be six) year old has her own account...

F

Fangs McWolf

I'll translate. No matter how long your account is not paid for, you can continue paying whenever you want to, and get the other four toons back the way you left them.
Okay so he's just saying what I said but in a more confusing way. Thanks.
:)

C

Crazy Fireball

Yay! you can read my speach! :D

Trish is such an awesome translator!
Yes that would be true.

I checked on the first comment and sure enough, both the middle toons are still there.

heheh sorry. i can be confusing at times.