• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about bribing NPCs for better BODs

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bribing Smithy andTailor NPCs for better BODs has a timer.

That is, only an X number of bribes are allowed per Y time (what are the details by the way ?).

Does the timer vary according to the character's skill level ?

That is, a legendary Smithy or Tailor can do more bribes than a 0.1 Smithy or tailor in the same time ?

Also, higher skills when asking a new BOD, have a higher chance at better BODs than lower skills.

Is that the same when bribing or for bribing a better BOD the asking character skill has no influence ?

Thanks !!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
  • Players may grease the palms of NPCs that give out Bulk Order Deeds
  • The NPC will accept a bribe from the player in order to upgrade a BOD to a better one
    • Upgrades: Quantity, Quality, Material
    • Can only upgrade completely empty deeds
  • NPCs will become more greedy over time and ask for higher bribes
    • Higher level deeds also require higher bribes
  • NPCs who are bribed frequently will come under Guild scrutiny, and stop accepting bribes for a short time
  • To start the process, select the Bribe context menu option on the NPC, and follow the instructions!
your level has nothing to do with bribing it is how many bribes he or she has done if they will not let you bribe go to a different npc!

higher skills have a better chance of giving higher level bods

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Players may grease the palms of NPCs that give out Bulk Order Deeds
  • The NPC will accept a bribe from the player in order to upgrade a BOD to a better one
    • Upgrades: Quantity, Quality, Material
    • Can only upgrade completely empty deeds
  • NPCs will become more greedy over time and ask for higher bribes
    • Higher level deeds also require higher bribes
  • NPCs who are bribed frequently will come under Guild scrutiny, and stop accepting bribes for a short time
  • To start the process, select the Bribe context menu option on the NPC, and follow the instructions!
your level has nothing to do with bribing it is how many bribes he or she has done if they will not let you bribe go to a different npc!

higher skills have a better chance of giving higher level bods

"higher skills have a better chance of giving higher level bods"...........

That, I know when claiming a BOD as a new one.

My question is, IF I already have a BOD, say a Valorite plate normal 10 large which only a high skill blacksmith can ever receive from a NPC, can I then have a character with ZERO smithy or, say, 0.1 smithy (i.e. a level low enough NOT TO be able to ever receive any such BOD in the first place...) be able to bribe for a better BOD than that ?

That is, skill definately factors in when CLAMINING a BOD for the quality of the BOD to be received, but does it ALSO factor in when attempting to bribe a high end BOD to receive a better one ??

To that I do not have an answer... does anyone ?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It probably took you longer to type that question in than to simply go try it... If skill factors in, and you have only 0.1, then you should not be able to bribe any deed to a color, or to exceptional.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the NPC is a male and you have a female character and you stand real close to him and whisper in his ear does he do the change for a lower price?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Your level doesn't affect bribing. 0.1 is as good as 120.
You have no any limit on amount of bribed bods. I remember I bribed few hundred times during 1-2 hours.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, but you need to keep switching NPC. Any one NPC, after a some small random number, say 1-10, will stop taking bribes, so you just move to a new one.

Moving to a new one can also save a lot of money. Even 50k+ to bribe a tailor bod from say 20 exec horned to 20exec barbed.