• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] Question about boards

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally brought my Lumberjacker back out. but can not remember how to turn large number of logs into boards. I have found several stacks of logs in my characters backpack, like about 40,000 Oak Logs. Is there a way today, to turn them into boards easily? Thanks in advance for your help.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
not that I know of... At least there's multiple skills that can do it now, instead of just carpentry.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40k in a backpack? :D. The only way I know to turn logs into boards is to double click an axe or hatchet and target the logs.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40 k logs in your backpack? Wow you are so far ahead of me. I haven't been able to figure out how to get 40 k logs in my backpack. The way I heard long ago to do this was to target the logs with the axe then lift the pile and then last item, last target keys but seems to me it tried it recently and it didn't work.

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40k in a backpack? :D. The only way I know to turn logs into boards is to double click an axe or hatchet and target the logs.
I meant to say i found about 40k logs in his bank box. that was it. Have a UO Assist macro Last item, Last target and then if you double click the axe and put cursor on stack of logs in the box, says item must be in your backpack, and then pick logs up and hit the macro, it cuts the 40k logs into boards and puts them in you backpack. of course, you can not move due to the weight and then just put them back in you box. yea. and thanks for the tip. I just could not remember. Hope this is ok to put here.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can do that to cut hides into leather also, but some may classify this kind of thing as an exploit.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So that's how tyou get 40k logs in your backpack? :) well only boards really but ok :)

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since you're held immobile and can't craft due to weight, it's pretty much harmless.

Now, having some way to move that much securely not in deed form is an exploit (aka the exploit that scripters used to get pack animals loaded with that much wood for scripting fletching kit and saw runic quests).

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this hint about last item last target, someone asked to a gm in game , and did in front of him, and the Gm said that was ok, is not baneable and is legal.
This was posted long time ago, but cant find the post about it.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have done stuff that was considered exploits but didn't know it. I still remember long ago I used to cast a balde spirit into the middle of 4 boxes placed with a central space then shoot it with arrows to raise archery...turns out this was an exploit but I didn't know it at the time, really just thought it was a feature...then I ran out of arrows and I continued to shoot and raise archery even though I had used up all the ammo.....turns out this was an exploit too. Back then it never really dawned on me that there were ways to cheat that were not by design. I was used to idea that all video games had cheats that you could employ. After a while I tried to keep tabs on what is acceptable and what is not but back in those days it was difficult since the gms would offer different opinions about stuff and this was in game and there was no mention of it out of game. I am glad there is a solution to that problem but mostly I convert logs to boards as soon as I get them.