• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Barrels

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafted barrels are tiny, knee high objects. Where do you get the tall/full barrels for storage or putting water in?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't verify anything about the fishing. But the un-lidded barrels pop with the gypsies and inside of dungeons. The lidded barrels are um, I was told a steal-able in Doom? And its been a while...but the barrels that are cut in half, well, there used to be a trick where you would have to find one in game, anywhere really, pour a pitcher of water into it, and then for some reason you could simply pick it up and walk off with it.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafted barrels are tiny, knee high objects. Where do you get the tall/full barrels for storage or putting water in?
I may be wrong, but I think you're referring to kegs. Last I knew full size barrels were craftable by tinkers.

[Edit]
Nope, not craftable at all. I was thinking of kegs.

K

katherinepgoh

You can only get them by an old trick that most of us who've been playing for years know, but almost everyone in the roleplaying guilds know because it's a popular way to be punished in character, making someone build a wall of water barrels. You go to cities with docks and fishers guilds, (Britain and Trinsic have the most), and you take a pitcher of water, and an empty pitcher. If a barrel has water in it, use the empty pitcher on it, put the water back in the pitcher, then take it out. You can now pick up the barrel. If the barrel is empty, pour the one pitcher of water in, then empty it again. You can now pick up the barrel.
Enjoy!

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the replies, I got a pm letting me know I can also find them on docks. So if you are wondering what happened to the water barrels on the Skara Docks.... it wasn't me *whistles innocently*

C

Corvak

.... ..... Totally not going to go barrel stealin' tonight. Really.

M

Mark Knotts

This is also how you get empty tubs (looks like an empty dye tub, can be used as a container). I believe they're found at stables.