• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about account and house placement.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi there.

So I have a bunch of accounts that I have acquired over the years from people passing on or just quitting the game. It has been like 15 years or so since I have placed a house so I am not familiar with how it works these days.

I have a couple accounts that I don't know if they have a house or not but i'd like to check it somehow. Is there a way to check if there is a house on the account without compromising a house I don't know about?

On one of the accounts the previous owner said there was more than a couple dozen houses on it. I have only found 2 so far and that took a ton of time so I have given up on the rest because they could be anywhere.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On one of the accounts the previous owner said there was more than a couple dozen houses on it. I have only found 2 so far and that took a ton of time so I have given up on the rest because they could be anywhere.
Each UO account (what you login to the game with) can have 1 house on Prodo Shards and 1 house on Old Ruleset Shards.

I don't know of any way to tell if you have a house unless you know where it is. The only thing I could suggest is to go through every one of your runes in your backpack and see if one of them leads you to a house you own.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the reply!

These are all old accounts so there's a possibility that they had 1 house per character up to 5 per server grandfathered in. I have gone thru all of the runes that I could find and checked all around where they were marked.

I was just curious if there was a different prompt while placing for an account with a house vs an account without a house?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No prompt, only if you've just recently placed a house it will give you a warning ~You cannot place a house because you have just recently placed blah blah....otherwise it gives the *you are about to place a house, this action will condemn any other houses you may have* message.....it won't tell you if you already have one..unfortunately..I think it should.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you still have to manually reset grandfathered houses? e.g. open the front door etc... I know this was the case long long ago but that could have easily changed since I have looked into older housing.