• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pvp weapon

B

burnttrees

sorry if this isn't in the right thread or well what ever

so i have been trying to figure out what is a good pvp weapon in the area of damage type. I know that everyone wants a good leach weapon, hci, dci, di, hit lightning or fireball, hld or god knows what else. But i am trying to figure out whats better a weapon with

30 fire damage
20 cold damage
20 lightning damage weapon without a shield then the parry is very useful.

30 physical damage

or

something with 100% of one type of damage

I know everyone is trying to get the uber pvp suit ie full 70 resist and nice mods so in the end it seems like unless you get that one player with crap for a specific resist then it wouldn't mean jack to have your damage split

or am i wrong and if so could someone please explain

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HOnestly, for pvp leeches are worthless now.
If your wanting top notch weps you need fast weps with good specs ie kryss warforks cleavers diamond maces and such...

Youll also want:
Hit spells in the 40s
Hit Lower Defence in the 40s
Hci or Dci depending on your suit i guess.
SSI as high as possible 25/30 depending on what you use.
and Damage Inc
Physical 100%

Just my opinions.

My cleaver is disgusting.
Hit lightning 42
Hit Lower defence 45
SSI 30
DI 48
UBWS

G

GFY

Here's a couple of things I've put together for pvp.

HLD is good for making your opponent easier to hit. (you can get it on mace and shield glasses)

Hit lightning, hit fireball, are great for extra damage. (I've actually seen my hit fireball go off, chase a red lined pvper off the screen and kill him when it hits! :gun:)

SSI is very important. The more chances you get to hit something the more you'll hit it.

Weapon specials. These are extremely useful in making someone die. Bleed, infectious strike, & armor ignore are a few of my favorites.

Lastly practice is very important as well. Learn to use your specials to make them the most useful. If you bleed a person with full health, running away it won't be very useful. But if your opponent is almost red lined and poisoned the bleed should finish him off!

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The elemental damage of your weapon is rather irrelevant. Everyone will have all 70's in PvP so it really doesn't matter. I try to find a weapon with 100% damage in one element. When I first fight someone, I'll use Consecrate Weapon to see if it makes any difference. If it does, I keep using it; if it doesn't (i.e. they are all 70's), I don't bother with it.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a couple of things I've put together for pvp.

HLD is good for making your opponent easier to hit. (you can get it on mace and shield glasses)

Hit lightning, hit fireball, are great for extra damage. (I've actually seen my hit fireball go off, chase a red lined pvper off the screen and kill him when it hits! :gun:)

SSI is very important. The more chances you get to hit something the more you'll hit it.

Weapon specials. These are extremely useful in making someone die. Bleed, infectious strike, & armor ignore are a few of my favorites.

Lastly practice is very important as well. Learn to use your specials to make them the most useful. If you bleed a person with full health, running away it won't be very useful. But if your opponent is almost red lined and poisoned the bleed should finish him off!
When fireball hits its just like the spell. Its a delay for the dmg from the time it was cast. When the actual graphic hits has nothing to do when the damage is taken. I assure you, you did not see the graphic chase someone down and kill them.