• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement PvP Tournament, Arena Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
The mighty Memen Tomor has returned once more, seeking a new Feast Of Death to satisfy his thirst for blood. After tormenting a few individuals in the arena, he believes now he can rule with a bony, clawed fist within. A knockout competition, until there is but one winner in each bracket is his aim, but he is unsure how best to set up the brackets. Thus he turns now to the killers and rogues of the land for feedback.

The Arena options are limited in these areas;

Ranked: Yes/No
Time Limit: 5 to 30 minutes
Fighters: 2 to 12
Pet Slots: 0 to 5
Riding/Flying: Yes/No
Ranged Weapons: Yes/No
Summoning Spells: Yes/No
Field Spells: Yes/No
Potions: None/No Healing/All Ok

Anything not covered above would have to be on the honour system. Potions in particular is going to be hard if not impossible to police.

My thinking is to host all matches Ranked, and capped at 10 minutes, with the following settings

Brigand (Melee tournament) 1v1, 0 Pets, No Riding, No Ranged, No Summons, No Fields, All Potions.

Dark Archer (Ranged tournament) 1v1, 0 Pets, No Riding, Ranged Allowed, No Summons, No Fields, All Potions

Pure Black Mage (Pure magery) 1v1, 0 Pets, No Riding, No Ranged, No Summons, Fields Allowed, No Potions

Beastmaster (Tamers Allowed) 1v1, 5 pets, Riding Allowed, No Ranged, No Summons, Fields Allowed, No Potions

Unbounded (Everything Goes) All in, all allowed, halving players each time until becomes 1v1

What are your thoughts on this? Potions have to be All alas to allow healing, and I'm not sure if for tamer fights it should be reduced to 4 slots just to force something other than Greater Dragons. Would 1 pet allowed for all the other fights make more sense?

Events probably hosted one per bracket to allow people to turn up, and enough time for perfectly balanced fights to have to be re-run a few times. Registration for fights on the day.

Rewards? Tribute deco with your name in Bucs Den hopefully. Type to be decided!

Last edited:

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My only thoughts would be for the Brigand Tournament to disallow pots. My preference. Goes back to the old school rules in Felucca "no pots no para".

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
My only thoughts would be for the Brigand Tournament to disallow pots. My preference. Goes back to the old school rules in Felucca "no pots no para".
I did think about that, but wasn't sure how much potting was part of modern duelling culture. Not an issue to disable them entirely though, the point is for the PvPers to feel the fight reflects their experiences ;)

Thinking early August to start running these; probably the All In first so I can get feedback on the others in game at the same time.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fair comment Gotan =)

I just remember the old days when you could have melee fights going on for literally ever because both players were just chugging pots and the winner was the player with the most pots on them at the beginning of the duel. It may well be different these days. I am no expert. Good idea to get feedback though. So come on pvpers let your EM Gotan know what you want

Loppy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea!

Lets get a date set.

We can help arrange it and will be happy to play in the Pure Black Mage Tournament.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did think about that, but wasn't sure how much potting was part of modern duelling culture. Not an issue to disable them entirely though, the point is for the PvPers to feel the fight reflects their experiences ;)
Please disable potions. Also the mythic spell Healing stone, its like a potion.
honorable 1v1 duels have always been without potions. In modern times the main reason for no potions would be to have duels that dont last forever. If you allow potions it will take hours to complete a 1v1 duel. Also disable orange petals, grape of wrath, and magic fish.

Thinking early August to start running these; probably the All In first so I can get feedback on the others in game at the same time.
I am not sure what time is best, its summer and people are on vacation. in my coutry July is summer, in spain I think August is summer. not sure about other countries.

Gwin Emperor of Europa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello Em gotan, long time no see. After your last pvp event "last god standing" we were really hyped around uo, cuz of expectiaion about new events from u sir. Rigth now pvp situtaion on shard is totaly dead. But iam really apreciated that u trying to fix it with your new ideas.
I would say, 1v1 is the most boring thing on this world. So, u migth make few other tournaments: 2v2(any matchup) and 3v3(any matchup) without summons, 1 dexxer allow, pot allow.
Plaque wasn't great prize, cuz it's really nothing :C People would to see sth special(like colored cloth or spell book or sth).
Sth like "Last man standing" ll be fun again.
There are a lot of disabled players on europa, like aj, kaj, psycho tacos, torbuk, grotok, ellise dee. I think, u should make paraolympic type of even for playerss with 1 hand or 1 brain cellar.
+ stratics is really dead resource. U have to create group on facebook, when u ll make notifications about your events. So it ll be more people. We ll help with inviting people group, cuz we all big family(me, sobaka pettengel, navar, 300hp player)
Best regards, Best pvper on shard, Gwin De.

berkus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bexxer w/o potions is nothing.
Dexxer's tournament on bandages it's trash for free renessance shards.
Hotred [PRO]

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hi all, thanks for the feedback so far. Just to answer what I can at this point;

* The use of arenas is to try and reduce any claims of cheating/favouritism; I could move individuals away to fight, and indeed allowed it be streamed so others can see it when I tried that, but afterwards there was weeks of dodgy claims and arguments unfortunately about it. So I'd sooner do it where everyone can watch, including Trammel players who might want to get into PvP from it.

* I can only enforce what the arena allows, which is listed above. Do you know of a (legal!) way an outsider can see if someone uses an orange petal, fish etc? If not, there's no way I can either, so unfortunately moderating stuff not listed above would be impossible... better just to set the arena rules and everything else goes, and let you go at each other I think. But if you know ways I can catch people on wider rules, do please say. An alternative is just to provide fish etc for everyone before hand, so everyone goes in with the same options.

* Potions are the same. We can set a timer for the event to force a draw, but that leaves us in the same spot we went in as. As the community seems a bit divided on this, I may just have to make a call one way or another just for the sake of hosting something. I've not decided yet though, I want to hear your thoughts more first ;)

* Rewards for this type of thing are fixed; either statue/sign of some kind, or the infamous named sashes. Same goes for Trammel events too. I have a bit more leeway on fixed deco with names than stuff, and my thinking is to start adding to a pool of fame for Fel, like Trammel already has in the Councillors Hall.

* Group fights are also a possibility; We're capped at an effective 5v5 in arena as I discovered I can enter it with you then just leave to see the exact post-match results. If I run the "All In" first, that'll help pull up any problems too.

* Date isn't fixed at the moment, I can pretty much do the events when ever it looks like people can play.

* Facebook? I'll need to ask on that if I can set one up to catch you lot who hate Stratics; give me a little while to chase an answer and do the thing.

Thanks again for your input, it's really helpful! And keep it coming!

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The two fighters are the only ones in the arena, right? Test to see if you can pass items to them from outside the arena. If you can't, here the solution for the wider rules: Snooping. Snoop the fighter's packs for illegal items. Wait the 5+mins for any active buffs to end. Begin tourney.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, thanks for the feedback so far. Just to answer what I can at this point;

* The use of arenas is to try and reduce any claims of cheating/favouritism; I could move individuals away to fight, and indeed allowed it be streamed so others can see it when I tried that, but afterwards there was weeks of dodgy claims and arguments unfortunately about it. So I'd sooner do it where everyone can watch, including Trammel players who might want to get into PvP from it.
Potions, if allowed, to a set number limit.
All combatants subject to snooping check before entering the arena. Excess potions, disallowed items to be confiscated. If this is not possible within the arena then filter them through a feluccan 'ante room' via gates beforehand. Set up a 'yellow' character with snooping and stealing skill in the ante room to remove any disallowed items.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I may not be any good at it, but I've seen enough pvp events organised to be fairly familiar with the problems.
I wonder if any Europa players remember my attending Zole's regular friday night 'fight nights' Usually held on Yew prison roof?

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Taking items from people is almost certainly forbidden (I'd have ALL UR STUFFZ if so!) but having a good snoop and just not letting them into the arena until they've banked the naughty stuff is one way forward yes... I can move them to an area they can't be reached, make a couple of boxes on the stands say so they can watch fights but not trade before their fight. I'll need to have a fiddle behind the scenes on this to check if it's possible; and I'll be honest here, it'll rely on you all being somewhat willing to join in the fun... if you do the old 100 Multistacked Backpacks thing I'll be spending hours searching each backpack instead of watching you lot fight!

I also need you to trust my decisions; if we set a limit say of 20 potions, then spend ages arguing I let someone in with 21, it won't work. Of course I need to earn your trust, not just demand it! But on the day, just assume it at first please so we can get things moving. I may request a second EM for these to speed things up between bouts as the workload looks like it'll be quite high...

berkus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which skills can be used? How about Mystic and Necro forms? Ninja's Fukiya in Brigand's tournament?

Last edited:

Loppy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please, please, please EM Gotan make a FaceBook group. Post the link here let everyone join. Most people rarely check statics, however in a FaceBook group if you post something EVERYONE gets a notification.

If there can be a prize of a Sash with your name on it, why can that not be a similar prize e.g a spellbook with your name or something "fitting to the feat". e.g The mage tournament winner gets a spell book, dexxer gets a sword. (No mods etc.) Just a nice hue/name.

Please give us a date and finalised rules so we can prepare. (I really think a 2v2 tournament is core)

NO SPELLWEAVING, NO SPELLWEAVING,NO SPELLWEAVING,NO SPELLWEAVING is a must.

Honestly.

There should be 2 brackets.

1v1 Pure Mage

and

2v2 Any Composition you want (including dexxers) No tamers.

(Maybe a dexxer 1v1 but it's a complete joke really)

The reall skill will come out in pure mage and the any composition 2v2.

THERE SHOULD BE NO POTIONS FULL STOP. Not even a limit of potions. (Only Dexxers will be allowed Refresh pots and bandages)
No summons, no fields, no other consumables (petals, grapes etc), no invis/tele items.

Policing is easy, checks before hand and then if you see someone use something illegal they are disqualified. If they deny it check the stream (someone will be streaming).

Loppy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would really appreciate an update.

What's going on? It this still happening?

Thread gone cold and PvPer's left in the dark again.

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
This will likely be the next event, will be an All In/No limits fight so I can work out what is practical for later ones.

The UO time I've had this week has been spent on 3 events and responding to complaints; I'll be looking at how Facebook works for Broadsword soon so I can put a page up there for you , and I also need to schedule a Council meeting at some point. Not ignoring you guys, just very busy the last few days ;)

P.S. also forgot to mention, Shroud of the Avatar tests PvP for the weekend, if you were considering that game...

Last edited:

Loppy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't be playing Shroud of the Avatar.

Myself and entire guild (Winners of the Last event) will probably give this event a miss too if it's All In/No Limits.

Gwin Emperor of Europa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Sup Em Goat, Are we playing poker or sth? ALl in event? Do u release that summons/pets are retardly op in any close area figths? Shroud of the Avatar = dead game.
U had rigth ideas about pure mage tournies/2v2 no pots etc. But u like, cba i don't care, lets go all in.
Mate, it's not hard to prepare rigth event, and facebook page as well( U DON"T NEED PERMISION TO MAKE FACEBBOOK GROUP)
Hopeless, it's over.

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
As mentioned above, it would be the first of a wave of events, including more restricted rule sets later; but having none at all at first gives me the ability to just watch and see what practical steps can be taken for the later ones. It also allows all templates to take part, and perhaps get a taste for PvP... Remember that old phrase, "the perfect is the enemy of the good"; so despite your grumping, I will go ahead and try and at least get something good rolling for you guys ;)

Loppy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem here is you started a discussion thread about potential rules and limits (over 20 replies) and pretty much ignored everything, which is incredibly frustrating. Your first event was good but got a lot of backlash for lack of rules, yet you propose to adopt a similar "**** it, we'll see how it goes" style.

There are MANY factors you haven't considered, especially as anything goes/nolimits. Mainly; how will you seed players on skill to determine who plays who?
You could have the best two players fight each other in the first round. Fair??? No....

Following on from this. Say "player X" decides to play a Parry Mage, and "player Y" decides to play a poison mage. The seeding and matches in the tournament will decide who does better. Player X is clearly more set up to play dexxers, while Y is set up more to play mages. If Y happens to play a dexxer in the early stages he will likely lose, whereas if X plays a dexxer he will likely win. X could potentially eliminate all the dexxers and play Y in the final, where Y has the advantage. (But would have lost to the dexxers that X beat).

Further to this I don't understand what you could possibly expect to see that will affect your decision for refining the ruleset at a later date, other than the fact that you are trying to delay the process, due to laziness or lack of time. People in this thread have been unanimous about certain rules, but you know what, might as well not listen right?

IF you decide to do this all in/no limits/any template WITH NO SEEDING??? because honestly you have no idea on who to match against each other. The ONLY fair way to do this is make it 2v2, anything goes, any temp and make the MATCHMAKING random. The 1v1 all in with no seeding makes no sense whatsoever.

I pray to the gods, at least you take this advice on board and can see why the 1v1 will be disastrous. (unless the 1v1 will be same templates).

It 100% needs to be a 2v2 tournament, anything goes with random match making.

Last edited:

Gwin Emperor of Europa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
From what I understand,em goat wanna make tournament on arena.
I would like to see 2v2 rather than 1v1, cuz it ll be more balance + fun
All potions/summons ok, but u have to restrict animals for sure, it's too overpower in close arena with certain temps, it's like 10x2 if u have greater dragon.
2v2 is pretty balance with potions if u work as a team.
One wish,pls make event after 3 august if it's not big deal

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
The problem here is you started a discussion thread about potential rules and limits (over 20 replies) and pretty much ignored everything, which is incredibly frustrating.
This simply isn't true; you have suggested things, and I have responded with the problems regarding those ideas. So to repeat again;

1.) If the arena doesn't force that rule, I cannot automatically prevent it. The very first post lists ALL the limits I can apply via the arena.

2.) Any other limits I would have to visually witness and remove the player by hand. This is what the discussion about backpack searching is. If you insist on using potions, or limiting potions, I'm going to have to follow the ideas given.

3.) The "All In" is just a bit of fun to give you all chance to attend and show me, in person, under a more limited setting than the last event, what to watch for if possible and define in a constructive way how we can make the actual solo/team events better. It'll give me chance to have a snoop, watch the PvP, talk to you etc... think of it as a meet and greet with murder.

4.) Seeding is your suggestion, only just added. I already stated it would be easier to random seed and use a knockout cup set up. And EMs are not ELO style judges, and even if we tried to be, you'd just argue forever about impartiality on those judgements... as everyone did at the event they complain about. I'm not going to get involved in any form of handicapping, bar for that which sets up rules for fair fights between you.

5.) 2v2 is possible, assuming we get enough teams on the day. Again though, the limits are the Arena; if you have 2 classes in there the rules have to cover you both... and they aren't very customizable. If they are left open and up to you, and some of you cheat the verbal agreement, we're just back to where we started with the prior event some of you have complaints about.

6.) Date for the first try at using the arena will probably be August 16-17th as I'm away the weekend after next. Frankly I will probably push ahead with it just to get some more hands on experience, rather than sit here and endlessly rules lawyer and discuss the validity of trash talking individuals... ;)

7.) Facebook etc isn't simple, as being an EM I'd be posting with the reputation of Broadsword. I'm still waiting to be able to discuss that with higher ups. When I know what I can do, I'll let you know.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran

First of all excuse me if I am wrong in anything I say but here is a point..... from what Ive seen and little bits ive learnt.....
I aint a PvPer, but if you take Pots away, 99.9% of these people cannot PvP, as they are too reliant on it, Pots or even healing stones.
It might make the fights a lot shorter and quicker and maybe be able to get through a big load of people rather quick...
My point to make which I see none have made is how will you stop the speedsters and people playing with scripts? Obviously we are hoping we are all going to play safe and within the rules but still you might get the odd rotten apple....

Loppy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard speedhack is really good in an enclosed space like the Arena.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard it was bannable to talk about it on Stratics ..... :twak:

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gahwain.......true story....... you get banned from Stratics for discussing it.

Take the hint

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Many lessons were learned from the All In tonight; firstly that the PvP crowd really doesn't like all in fights, especially where pets are involved!

Of the fights we had, only 1 was all in but quickly degenerated into 2v1; another was a 2v2 duel, and one was a 20 minute long 1v1. As such, although it wasn't promised in the announcement thread, I had hoped to keep it structured and find a winner on the day, but it really wouldn't be fair to award anyone anything for what turned out to be basically a few duels between friends along radically different rule sets and styles.

However I've learnt the following which will be fixed at the next tournament, and assuming people honour it on the day, should enable us to define a clear winner;

1.) I'm going to need build a safe area around the stone to put the next contestants in to prevent them being attacked, and the problem of multiple teams trying to start a match at the same time.

2.) Unkillable healers in a safe spot too, for those who do want to have fun fighting around the arena!

3.) Pre-registered teams so I can work out a knockout cup structure. It's just not possible with all the shouting and spell spam nearby to try and follow sign ups when the fun starts, especially when people find themselves volunteered for fights they don't actually want...

4.) I can't prevent certain templates except via the Arena Stone limitations. Watching the fights you just move too fast for me to police it by hand, and I can't usefully get in the arena when you're fighting as a team...

5.) 1v1... is going to need a lot of thought still. I can't take things off you, and although I can snoop, some of you have very messy backpacks indeed! So it's either a system like Tang was suggesting, or a league structure of 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw say... Something to sort out the issue of those 20 minute 1v1 fights. But so far most of you don't want to fight certain templates (tamers especially) so I can't promise turn out for that one. Putting it in advance, and denying pets would hopefully raise the numbers again. This is going to have to come later then.

So with that in mind, and as a check that these are the conclusions I should take from today's fun for the next one:

RULES:

2v2 and 3v3

Pet Slots - 0
Potions - All Allowed
Riding/Flying - Allowed
Ranged Weapons: Yes
Summoning Spells: Yes
Field Spells: Yes
EMs Decision Is Final: Yes

I have to insist on that last one because the BIG takeaway from today is that it's too easy to try and bend the rules or claim they say something they don't in order to manipulate the spirit of the thing, which isn't fair on all the people who come for the actual fights; which is what I am ultimately hoping to help encourage, more fights.

I'm technically still on Holiday right now (yay hotel wifi) so when I'm back home in the next few days, I'll have a look around the arena for what I can build, and look at when to schedule it. (And start work on some PvM events too, lots to catch up on...)

Gwinstupidkid

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
1) Pre-register teams for 2v2; 3v3
2) Make arena yourself if it's possible, with kind of walls, where people can run around. A bit larger, than occlo arena rigth now.
3) Pets should be restricted for sure, summons is really easy to counter, they should be allowed.
Nth wrong, people ll prepare rigth templates for their 2v2 3v3 team, it doesn't matter. If u play properly and u simple better than other players, u ll win mostly with anything.
If people registred team, they should join any pair no matter what, like today everyone dodged me and tang for some reason. It's a bit unfair and frustratred for us. Cuz we put a lot of effort into pvp and game, that why we simply better at it. It's nth wrong with it.
U should just prepare rules, post them before, announce them in game.
I think, that in rigth day, it ll be 6 - 7 pairs for sure or even more.
Pls, make tourny before september if possible.

Last edited:

Loppy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Email I sent to Messana.
I also didn't appreciate you giving me the wrong email Gotan. "[email protected]" did not work.

"Dear Messana,

I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the recent PvP event organised by EM Gotan on Europa.

I will pursue this to the highest level, if I do not receive an appropriate response.

The thread can be found here: http://stratics.com/community/threads/pvp-tournament-arena-discussion.317872/

I found out about the event 1 month ago and was incredibly excited, I offered LOTS of feedback in the thread as requested by EM Gotan. All of which was clearly ignored.

His first PvP event (The Feast of Death) was a disaster. He had no control over the players or rules, but that was understandable from his first ever event. I had hoped he would learn form his mistakes and take feedback from the 30 replies in the thread to make this tournament a good tournament.

I waited over a month to participate. Prepared a template, spent lots of gold and changed my plans so I could come along. As mentioned in the thread I was expecting it to be a test, but a winner would be decided and there would be rewards. On the day of the event I asked EM Gotan "Will the be rewards?" He confirmed this and you can check his chat log on "16/08/2014" to prove he said there will be a plaque for the winner.

EM Gotan disregarded everything as stated before, took no advice on the day, failed to set up any duel until at least 8:30 and changed the format various times throughout, from all against all, to 2v2, to 1v1.

IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. People were trying to help, people dedicated time, gold and money to this event at the promise of rewards and in the end we got absolutely nothing.

I was keen to get some kind of reward for the winners of today due to the fact it took SO long for this even to be organised since the last PvP event. He promised weekly duel tournaments etc. When in fact we waited 2 months since the last event. I imagine it will be a similar wait until the next event. Following on from this there is no guarantee there will be rewards then as he has already broke his promise once. And has proven he is incredibly stubborn to take advice, or learn from his mistakes/ previous events.

I am aware there have also been various complaints about his other EM events (Trammel events). Something has to give. You cannot be allowed to waste peoples time, destroy events then not be accountable for your actions.

This is the first time I have felt genuinely angry when playing the game. EM Gotan is unreliable, stubborn and clearly cannot handle his job.

I want some kind of compensation from my wasted time and gold. I want some kind of disciplinary action to be taken or at least TRIAL another EM for these PvP events. The game is already losing players without people like EM Gotan creating false beleif, raising expectations, then crushing them.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Matt McDermott"

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Email I sent to Messana.
I also didn't appreciate you giving me the wrong email Gotan. "[email protected]" did not work.
Well according to her own post in July, this was right address....

http://stratics.com/community/threads/bug-with-house-system.318190/#post-2406313

Why don't you email me at [email protected] with the shard and house location and some more information as to what the problem is.
Edit - Meant "this", wrote "that" :(

Last edited:

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The second quote is a different email to the first so it wasn't the right address(one "S", two "N"s)

I popped along to this event for a few mins and the problem seemed to be that a lot just went there to use it like the Yew gate for random PvP outside, yes the EM was inexperienced and probably expected everyone to want to have a tournament rather than fight random people all around the arena, he/she will know better next time, fact is a number of people seemed to have gone there to turn it into a mess and make the EMs job as hard as possible.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Email I sent to Messana.
Well according to her own post in July, that was right address....

http://stratics.com/community/threads/bug-with-house-system.318190/#post-2406313
nope, that was the wrong address. Try sending to mesanna@broadsword instead of messana@broadsword and you might just meet with more success
Why don't you email me at [email protected] with the shard and house location and some more information as to what the problem is.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Email I sent to Messana.

"Dear Messana,

I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the recent PvP event organised by EM Gotan on Europa.

I will pursue this to the highest level, if I do not receive an appropriate response.

The thread can be found here: http://stratics.com/community/threads/pvp-tournament-arena-discussion.317872/

I found out about the event 1 month ago and was incredibly excited, I offered LOTS of feedback in the thread as requested by EM Gotan. All of which was clearly ignored.

His first PvP event (The Feast of Death) was a disaster. He had no control over the players or rules, but that was understandable from his first ever event. I had hoped he would learn form his mistakes and take feedback from the 30 replies in the thread to make this tournament a good tournament.

I waited over a month to participate. Prepared a template, spent lots of gold and changed my plans so I could come along. As mentioned in the thread I was expecting it to be a test, but a winner would be decided and there would be rewards. On the day of the event I asked EM Gotan "Will the be rewards?" He confirmed this and you can check his chat log on "16/08/2014" to prove he said there will be a plaque for the winner.

EM Gotan disregarded everything as stated before, took no advice on the day, failed to set up any duel until at least 8:30 and changed the format various times throughout, from all against all, to 2v2, to 1v1.

IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. People were trying to help, people dedicated time, gold and money to this event at the promise of rewards and in the end we got absolutely nothing.

I was keen to get some kind of reward for the winners of today due to the fact it took SO long for this even to be organised since the last PvP event. He promised weekly duel tournaments etc. When in fact we waited 2 months since the last event. I imagine it will be a similar wait until the next event. Following on from this there is no guarantee there will be rewards then as he has already broke his promise once. And has proven he is incredibly stubborn to take advice, or learn from his mistakes/ previous events.

I am aware there have also been various complaints about his other EM events (Trammel events). Something has to give. You cannot be allowed to waste peoples time, destroy events then not be accountable for your actions.

This is the first time I have felt genuinely angry when playing the game. EM Gotan is unreliable, stubborn and clearly cannot handle his job.

I want some kind of compensation from my wasted time and gold. I want some kind of disciplinary action to be taken or at least TRIAL another EM for these PvP events. The game is already losing players without people like EM Gotan creating false beleif, raising expectations, then crushing them.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Matt McDermott"
And my reading of this follows -
ME ME ME ME ME ME - I suggested something therefore it should have happened - only my opinion counts - I didn't like it - The EM didn't do what I wanted - I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I am not satisfied with just complaining I (ME ME ME) want something done to satisfy ME.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
And my reading of this follows -
ME ME ME ME ME ME - I suggested something therefore it should have happened - only my opinion counts - I didn't like it - The EM didn't do what I wanted - I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I am not satisfied with just complaining I (ME ME ME) want something done to satisfy ME.
Just like every other post on the subject of EM events then. When you see others just saying ME ME ME ME ME I guess other think its ok to do the same

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Greetings all; I came down with a violent case of food poisoning after I returned from my holiday, so I'm somewhat behind on events and won't be able to give you enough notice to set up your teams before September arrives; I shall be scheduling the 2v2 and 3v3 then for Sunday the 7th.

To just answer one piece of feedback on that;

2) Make arena yourself if it's possible, with kind of walls, where people can run around. A bit larger, than occlo arena rigth now.
3) Pets should be restricted for sure, summons is really easy to counter, they should be allowed.
As revealed at the first Feast of Death, I cannot remove people's pets from any arena I make if they're tied to a Pet Ball; if I can put you in it, you can pull pets into it, and goodness knows I tried to shift them out again by hand! But then I was interfering with your fights. Only the arenas have the ability to auto enforce the rules I'm afraid, so an Arena it must be.

Summons will be allowed yes.

Regarding the format, it will be random seeded, team knock out as mentioned. I won't set up the seeding until the event to allow late entrants, so there will be a little while before we start.

And I'm sorry that I'll have to hedge my words on this, but all I will state in advance is that assuming people honour it, and we can get all the matches done correctly, I would like to reward the winners, but I make no promise of that now; as this thread and two previous attempts to work with you all should made clear, it's just not possible to even vaguely mention in advance what I am thinking about or would like to do without it both being misinterpreted, the events broken on the day, and disharmony caused for some time after.

A certain amount of that comes with the job of course, but making the job harder only makes it harder to come help you guys. I have a few ideas for another, simpler event in Felucca, but as this thread should again reveal, it's probably not wise to reveal them now; All I'll say then is that I am still trying to give you guys content too. You don't have to be happy with it now, but if you work with me rather than against, you'll find we have a lot more fun together tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.