• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP/PVM Professions - Open for Discussion

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is another topic for us to discuss, but in a more general way :) I hope everyone can participate in this.

It is about template classifications, whether it is a PVP or PVM templates. What I believe is that all templates are all good :) But certain templates maybe better than others in PVP or PVM.

Let's take a look at this chart.

There are some skills that can be considered neutral, neither benefit PVM or PVP activities, such as: tailoring ! Unless you are really bored while waiting for the Dark Father to die, might as well do some bods ??

Let's say you meet a new young player in a Test Centre, who just signed up for a 14-days trial account, with 700 skills points and 5 chars limit. What templates would you suggest for PVP and PVM, so this person will stay for months (or years!) to increase the number of population in Oceania.

D

Dain

5 characters... hrmm

1. Basic PvP tactics mage with resists. BLUE.

2. PvP Mage Gimplate (e.g either a mystic/necro scribe mage etc, good for survival). RED

3. Tamer/Mage character, if you can fit disco in too that's sweet.

4. Sampire, if you only have the one account I would use the Sampire template with Magic Resists.

5. Mule, or if you were looking for more PvM or a fun backup for PvP then I would suggest a generic archer template with enough Bushido to honor targets in PvM to make his damage substantial.

F

Fink

Somehow I don't think everything will quite fit into a neat chart arrangement.

For example, Stealing is both a PvP and PvM viable skill. For pvm it can get unique items and consumables from monsters, and for pvp it plays a role in factions plus you can steal (whatever's still stealable) from players. Is it on the chart? I can't really read it that well.

Herding is missing, too. Herding is excellent for pvm of course as it deals exclusively with MoBs, but it can also be of strategic pvp value at champion spawns, etc.

I'm not sure what is the significance of the svastika arrangement of arrows. I see the idea of pvp-pvm and mage-warrior axes, but I'm not sure what the arrows mean and why they start at the middle rather than run the gamut of pvp to pvm. Is it that they are weighted to one use or another?

As for a 14-day trial I would recommend toying with a few of the default choices and focus more on fun than fitting out or training five characters. I think joining a guild or groups would be more inviting than "here's what you'll need, grind away, see you in 2 weeks, oh trial's over." Unfortunately, for this to work, you need more people to get more people.