• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Pride

E

EB_Arcbolt

Hello,

I have noticed in Fel Yew, that the majority of kills on reds comes from a variety of different guilds uniting together. I have also noticed that after a mob of 3-10 blues and a few reds of the united alliance kill a lone solo red, they say funny things like, "You suck" "Go back to tramm you noob" "LOL"

Do you people that hang out at Yew have any PvP Pride? On other shards where PvP is much better, most established and accomplished PvPers will frown upon someone inviting themselves unwantingly into an already initiated combat ritual of PvP.

Does it really feel that good to disarm, dismount, gank and rk someone?

I think it would feel WAY better on yourself if you improved yourself to a higher level of playing skills and took out a good player by yourself, or even with 2 people only. Not 6-8......This is a much better feeling of accomplishment and PvP attitude.

I do notice that it is only the no confidence people that say the stupid comments. The ones that hide in the Guard Zone like it is a fish bowl and only come out when they have 3-4 or more people to gank with. It is a vicious cycle, you gank, you trash talk, ppl get emotional. It takes alot of piranas to take out a shark. It's not much fun when you are swimming in circles inside your fish bowl. Why don't you try to become a better player, isn't that what this game is all about? I would be happy to duel you and give you some tips.

It is a game we are all trying to enjoy.

Proper Etiquette is not a must, but courteousy and honor is.

The only recognition we have in uo is our template, our skills and our level of respect from other players.

Regards

E

EB_Arcbolt

after 21 views, im not surprised there is no comment or reply. O well. it is what it is. It can never get better without communication.

I

imported_Gwen_of_Ravens

Ok. I'll Bite..

I can't say I have never participated in a "ganking" before, because that would be untrue.. However I have noticed of late, the behavior you are describing in your post, and it's sad in one way and almost laughable in another. I've seen the exact words you wrote just the other night after about 7 blues killed one red... "Go back to tram you noob, LOL" Pathetic really.

On the other hand, I too can be one of those fish you describe in the fish bowl.. I play earlier then a lot of my guildmates thus am often there running solo. Every time I step out of the gz, I get ganked. It can be frustrating, but then again, it's Yew.

I thought your post was great! I just have to wonder if it will have any impact.

Gwen

E

EB_Arcbolt

There are some very good pvpers in Baja. But the main part of the unhealthy mass leaves much to be desired. Kinda like a big blob of fat that needs to be lipo'd and tossed back to tram.

Not a single person took me up on my offer to duel.

No archers have the courage to possibly win 6000 gold insurance or at the worst, lose yours? I dont trash talk and hurt your feelings if I kill you. I will even gladly rez you and not loot you as well.

G

PvPers piss PvMers off by coming into champ spawns and killing them, then not being able to kill the champ.

PvMers irritate PvPers by coming to Yew and ganking reds and trash talking and smacking their pvp egos around a bit.

Is that the jist of this post? You want blues to stop ganking reds?

In my experience with open realm pvp, there is no honor in it at all, at least not by people who wish to be "evil". I mean, how many reds have you come across that stop to wait for someone to finish killing whatever it is they're killing before they jump in and kill the person? "Oh, I'll just stand here and wait for you to finish, but then I will attack you *bows*"

Also, if your post is aimed at blues, I think your view is extremely one sided as I have seen multiple gank fests by reds especially when they find players who can actually pvp and *gasp* possibly beat them??!! Saw it happen just the other night. Some guy was going head to head with a guildie, and not exactly losing or winning but soon enough his buddies turned up. There was no one else around except for me and he had already killed my tamer.

B

Biske

*raises eyebrow*

Ummm what pvpers are you referring to when you say we piss off blues by not being able to kill a champ. Last time i checked we have characters that are designed to solo a champ faster then the entire blue legion. The same goes for the other red guilds.... In fact thats probably the silliest comment I've seen all week. All the pvp guilds are better at killing champs.... it's kind of what we do.

The other dudes fish bowl comments are pretty much right on the money. I don't know what shard you are watching though, because it must not be baja. Unless you are referring to K*R. But they really don't count as pvps... I would equate them more to blue collar guys working 9 to 5 in tram and coming to fel once a week to get away from thier rediculously incompetent boss. Just an analogy of course =)

Ummm what pvpers are you referring to when you say we piss off blues by not being able to kill a champ. Last time I checked we have characters that are designed to solo a champ faster then the entire blue legion. The same goes for the other red guilds.... In fact that’s probably the silliest comment I've seen all week. All the pvp guilds are better at killing champs.... it's kind of what we do.

The other dudes fish bowl comments are pretty much right on the money. I don't know what shard you are watching though, because it must not be Baja. Unless you are referring to K*R. But they really don't count as pvps... I would equate them more to blue collar guys working 9 to 5 in tram and coming to fel once a week to get away from their ridiculously incompetent boss. Just an analogy of course =)

Oh and for the record... seeing a gate full of blues refuse to attack you until they have at least four to gank with only to be wiped out with extreme prejudice by me alone doesn’t exactly smack around my ego... That's just me though, I'm sure plenty of reds don't fair as well as I do.

I do however get a kick out of the occasional warning I get from some blue that parties me and says that they just got partied by the blue legion and asked if they would help attack me if they flagged.

G

[Edited: Because I found respect for Biske in a different post.
]
Anyway, it would be nice to have some honor in pvp, but considering its more of a melee and not a duel, I don't see this happening. People get "lolz" out of ganking people regardless of blue or red and usually if they can't win one on one they get frustrated and call in friends. Its usually these people that also talk trash, whether its on the forums or in game.

B

Biske

<blockquote><hr>

[Edited: Because I found respect for Biske in a different post.
]
Anyway, it would be nice to have some honor in pvp, but considering its more of a melee and not a duel, I don't see this happening. People get "lolz" out of ganking people regardless of blue or red and usually if they can't win one on one they get frustrated and call in friends. Its usually these people that also talk trash, whether its on the forums or in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Lack of talent is definetly a cuase of trash talk. Usually the type of smack that consists of things like "I'll duel you when you turn off the hacks" or my personal favorite from the SI archers "nice flame strike script"

The catch is though... that while it is a cause it is not the only cause. Some people talk smack to try to goat a fight out of those who need a little encouragement to step up to the plate. Others just love to play politics. Political warfare in fel can sometimes do more for a battle then having the great god Biske on your side =)

I can tell you one thing though. It isn't the gank that is the crime. Ganking is just the nature of the beast. I think it is the intent that makes it disgraceful. The problem is not when you gank, it is when you refuse to do anything else. Like when you challenge someone to a duel and they give some bs excuse about how they don't feel like fighting or that you aren't worthy to duel them or whatever else they spew, only for that same person to jump on you the second you’re getting attacked by someone else.

Just remember. Ganking isn't what makes a player a coward. Refusing to fight any other way is. That is why we consider it guild policy to never back down from a one on one challenge. If we hear otherwise of any member then we will personally see to it that we give them plenty of first hand experience in the matter until they are comfortable with the concept. Don't get me wrong though, this guild has a phenomenal group of people. Honor is seldom something we have to remind anyone of.

Now with that said I have something much more important to ask of you...

What did that post say before you edited it, and which post are you referring to?

G

Just some quirky remarks, and I am referring the the "You might be a trammy..." thread. ;p

F

Fabulous-

<blockquote><hr>

There are some very good pvpers in Baja. But the main part of the unhealthy mass leaves much to be desired. Kinda like a big blob of fat that needs to be lipo'd and tossed back to tram.

Not a single person took me up on my offer to duel.

No archers have the courage to possibly win 6000 gold insurance or at the worst, lose yours? I dont trash talk and hurt your feelings if I kill you. I will even gladly rez you and not loot you as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill duel ur face

I

imported_SuperKen

Six head it right on the head; leave Yew.

I don't care how many shards you've been to, if you're serious about PvP and honor, you're not going to find it in Yew. I find it insulting you would suggest that your observation of Baja's best are represented in full by a few trips into Yew. That wouldn't hold true for any shard; but of course, you knew that already, right?

There are quite a few people who don't talk trash; this doesn't make them any more special than the rest. A person's speech or lack thereof on the field isn't what sets apart the good from the great.

Maybe it's you that needs to develop a thicker skin. But again, you're an expert that has gathered info from many shards, possibly all from encounters in Yew, so you knew that already too, right?

...right?

K

Kenkanaga

<blockquote><hr>

Hello,

I have noticed in Fel Yew, that the majority of kills on reds comes from a variety of different guilds uniting together. I have also noticed that after a mob of 3-10 blues and a few reds of the united alliance kill a lone solo red, they say funny things like, "You suck" "Go back to tramm you noob" "LOL"

Do you people that hang out at Yew have any PvP Pride? On other shards where PvP is much better, most established and accomplished PvPers will frown upon someone inviting themselves unwantingly into an already initiated combat ritual of PvP.

Does it really feel that good to disarm, dismount, gank and rk someone?

I think it would feel WAY better on yourself if you improved yourself to a higher level of playing skills and took out a good player by yourself, or even with 2 people only. Not 6-8......This is a much better feeling of accomplishment and PvP attitude.

I do notice that it is only the no confidence people that say the stupid comments. The ones that hide in the Guard Zone like it is a fish bowl and only come out when they have 3-4 or more people to gank with. It is a vicious cycle, you gank, you trash talk, ppl get emotional. It takes alot of piranas to take out a shark. It's not much fun when you are swimming in circles inside your fish bowl. Why don't you try to become a better player, isn't that what this game is all about? I would be happy to duel you and give you some tips.

It is a game we are all trying to enjoy.

Proper Etiquette is not a must, but courteousy and honor is.

The only recognition we have in uo is our template, our skills and our level of respect from other players.

Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Personally I have no problems 1v1ing anybody. Lemme now when and where anytime mage duel or dexxer I have both and Always game for a fight

S

stonecypher

2 cents... I agree that ganking is unsportsmanlike. But the characters in game are 'murders' and 'dreads.' It's the role that is played. I think that honor is important here though. In a forum. I personally find it exhilerating and a somewhat of a rush when I can fend off and kill one or all in a raiding party. Granted most of the time my face lands in the dirt....

If one is looking for a duel based on pure skill, toon and RL player, the only way to do this is with pit fights imho. MT has these. This is much more difficult than one might imagine.

Here's the Rule Set: (copied off MT forums site)

***In Honor of Lord Havok of Chesapeake Shard***

Melee Fighters only
Only archer vs archer combat will be allowed.

Armor and Weapons provided for all fighters.

No Magic This includes combat magic as well. eg Bushido/Chivalry

****Primary and Secondary Special Weapon Abilities OK! eg disarm/bleed attack*****

No Jewelry

No Arties

No Poison

No enhanced bandages

No potions

Build your fighter with these rules in mind please.

All Fighters will be guilded to Mage Tower

The Fights will be Single elimination matches, the winner moves on to the next round, overall winner that night gets 500,000 gold.

Overall points will be tracked and posted month to month. After 6 matches, the top TWO Champions will fight for the title of Grand Champion! For a purse of at least 2 million gold!

K

Kenkanaga

I guess that would me interesting. But I really enjoy mage dueling aswell as dexxers. And mage's do include needing certain items to play lol.

S

stonecypher

Yeah...We're working on getting mage vs mage combat in next round of the pit fights. Just have to decide on a rule-set for it. Dexxer vs dexxer only, did omit a lot of player participation in the guild. I'd like to maybe open it up to the shard as well someday when all is finalized.

E

EB_Arcbolt

could go to seige, but I wouldn't, I really like to play my archer the way I have built him. With all his items and skills, it would be pointless to play him with out them. A waste of skillpoints. (Oh damm is the GRAMMAR PULICE GONNA COME DOWN HARD ON ME?)

O btw, thanks for the 2 duel offers, my icq is 485095332

E

EB_Arcbolt

<blockquote><hr>

2 cents... I agree that ganking is unsportsmanlike. But the characters in game are 'murders' and 'dreads.' It's the role that is played. I think that honor is important here though. In a forum. I personally find it exhilerating and a somewhat of a rush when I can fend off and kill one or all in a raiding party. Granted most of the time my face lands in the dirt.... (quote)

The ganking is ok, that is normal, its the trammy trash talk they say to your ghost afterwards, lol, to me that is kinda like getting out of your car and bending over to the dead little squirrel that you just pancaked and screaming : HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT YOU DUMB STUPID LITTLE CRITTER????? GO BACK TO YOUR DAMM TREE WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!!!!!

I

imported_SuperKen

<blockquote><hr>

could go to seige, but I wouldn't, I really like to play my archer the way I have built him. With all his items and skills, it would be pointless to play him with out them. A waste of skillpoints. (Oh damm is the GRAMMAR PULICE GONNA COME DOWN HARD ON ME?)

O btw, thanks for the 2 duel offers, my icq is 485095332

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, wait, you're asking to <u>duel</u> on an archer?

Good lord. Are there archer combos that consist of more thought process than the typical paper/rock/scissors duel?

Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. No wonder no one takes you up on your offer to "duel".

G

Ahhhhh so something finally become clear!

Reds = squirrels.

Got it. Thanks.

E

EB_Arcbolt

lol, ya bro, i have a lot of macros to deal with.
its not just point and shoot anymore.
Apples, bombs, darts, 5 different pots, bandys, specials, switch weps-then arm special, getting disarmed and Dp'd every damm time I find myself up against a dexxer, getting dismounted.
It is not often that I can get a 1 v 1 against $C$, DEA, KGB, H20 and whatever other guilds are all out to get us. So I am usually fighting against no less than 3 of your alliance members at the same time. UGGGG.... Its tuff being Balian

E

EB_Arcbolt

What I interpret from your posts "O Great UO Swami Biske" is that you need to relax a little. Chill Bro
It's a game where an opposing force is required in order to have PvP conflict, which is where the fun derives from.
I just want to fight and have fun in UO, not get into all of this mumbo jumbo trash talk about who is better and what they are up against and whos template is harder to play.

Gate fighting, I do like it, but it is a little overwhelming for me as I do get ganked quite a bit. I don't complain to you about it, I commend your Alliance for the great teamwork. However, it does become futile for me to attempt kills so I choose to do something more productive in the meanwhile. Spawns, love them, but they are only fun if you guys show up.

Please quit with the down talk of people in my guild. Instead of denigrating the ones you speak of, you put yourself at the substantiated level as the ones you would speak of.

You came in second place in a tourney. You deserved it. Congrats!!

B

Biske

<blockquote><hr>

It is not often that I can get a 1 v 1 against $C$, DEA, KGB, H20 and whatever other guilds are all out to get us. So I am usually fighting against no less than 3 of your alliance members at the same time. UGGGG.... Its tuff being Balian

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this not a complaint?

I

imported_SuperKen

Yea, I think we're about done here. Your whole thread has been little else but hallowed complaints.

If you're here to have fun, just stop justifying yourself over some forums. We get what you're all about already, and that's cool. Every competent mage has got about 50+ macros, so it's not surprising in the slightest that people can call you out when you want to "duel".

But nobody will ever be able to say anything about a guy who just wants to have some good clean fun. Maybe you ought to focus on that approach instead.

Welcome to Baja, I hope you extend your stay. See ya on the field.

E

EB_Arcbolt

As of late, this is the only place I can communicate.
Usually I have 3-4 ppl over my body saying mean things to me and they don't understand cheerios or fruit loops, so I rez and come back to talk and the same thing happens, I get dogpiled lol. So how else am I to express?

Thats why I dont play a mage!!!!
Too many damn buttons

B

Biske

<blockquote><hr>

As of late, this is the only place I can communicate.
Usually I have 3-4 ppl over my body saying mean things to me and they don't understand cheerios or fruit loops, so I rez and come back to talk and the same thing happens, I get dogpiled lol. So how else am I to express?

Thats why I dont play a mage!!!!
Too many damn buttons

[/ QUOTE ]

Party invites work well.

T

Turdburglar

Most field battle is about ganking... Most people are there to win, claim their turf... etc...if you wanted a duel 1v1 or group duel, say 5v5... that's something you generally arrange and I doubt you will find that in Yew.

Way back when, if you wanted to settle a score, you would go to the farms to duel. Prove your point. Most spectators would stay out of it... however, some would intervene at the last second. =/

Go even farther back... before AoS and items... the times of pre-cast hally mages. Duels on Pacific would take place in the Deceit bone room... there was generally 10+ people waiting in line watching duels and waiting their turn.

Biske, i'll hand it to ya... you're a good field fighter and duelist... but no god

G

<blockquote><hr>

Biske, i'll hand it to ya... you're AN AVERAGE field fighter and duelist... but no god

[/ QUOTE ]

B

Biske

<blockquote><hr>

Biske, i'll hand it to ya... you're AN AVERAGE field fighter and duelist... but no god

[/ QUOTE ]

Riiiight... So since EB mentioned the tourney... What did you place? Oh I forgot... you didn't... But at least you came close. Actually... What round did you get beaten in again? Oh that’s right... The second round.

Don't worry though buddy, I beat the guy who took you out 2/0. Your humiliation was avenged.

Thank you both for taking such personal interest in a joke though.

G

Yeah well... I could beat you in Cosmic Rift!

ooooo What now?

G

Best of 3 duels: Beta 2 Biske 1, Beta 2 Biske 1

4 field fights (1v1): Beta 2 Biske 0 Guards 2

G

Me vs Pong AI
Best of 3 Duels:
Pong AI 3 - Me 0

I lose at life. Atari is hard!

G

I challenged like 5 diff Runly Alliance members to 1v1 combat and they declined:
KronikHunter
Slayer
Ibn Siba
random stealth archer
amaru

Punish them.

G

I challenged my computer to a super soaker water gun duel!

teehee I won this time!

Now I have to go to the library to make posts...

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Riiiight... So since EB mentioned the tourney... What did you place? Oh I forgot... you didn't... But at least you came close. Actually... What round did you get beaten in again? Oh that’s right... The second round.

Don't worry though buddy, I beat the guy who took you out 2/0. Your humiliation was avenged.

Thank you both for taking such personal interest in a joke though.

[/ QUOTE ]

who the hell was in the stupid thing that is even worth mentioning in the same sentence 1 v 1 as any red in tb@? so ya keep braggin with you r8 guilds zergining the 4,5,6 people we have had of late. you win the gold medal for most useless players in the same alliance. not a flame, pure fact:&gt;

G

Maybe if A&amp;E quits playing Death Wish marathons we can get more people on...
Until then it's Alliance vs 2-4 people.
Well, unless you count the fact that they raid SI, too....

D

Dem0nic

You do realize everyone gets ganked right?

Is it that important to you that your feelings are left intact after getting ganked?

I mean c'mon, if you were really in it for fun, you would just go get ressed up and try again.

Why would you waste your time coming to stratics and whining about it? Just play the game and try to have fun. If someone calls your pixels names, does it really affect your life?

Just play the game.

K

Kenkanaga

lol, I was at that fight in despise. Like 4 of use against 12 of Cartel with the random one or two Tb@ wouldn't call it a fight. More a numbers game.

G

Kenkanaga,

That is not true. The part about only 3-4 DEA is accurate but the number of TB@ was overwhelming. Many people were talking about how TB@ had gone quiet for a bit but that night, wow there were a lot of them.

I assure you, by no means am i taking anything away from DEA/H2O. I think you guys are great when fighting as a team as well. Simply stating the facts as i watched them unfold.

I sat in Yew the other night while several people grilled Valdamont of Cartel about "selling out", i must say that this Valdamont held straight and firm on his position. One blue after another jumped in with accusations and nothing but poor remarks about Cartel. Not once did Valdamont talk trash, he simply defended the guild with great pride. On top of that, this guy also defended DEA/H2O.

It's great to see that there are still people out there that still play with pride.

Thanks,

V

VeraL 007

I normally do not post here. But these last few subjects are really silly.

First sixunder please crawl back under your rock man! You make no sense when you post and then fire off about the roc everytime it benefits you.

Second real pvp died guys now it is a number game at this point. I hate to say it but si and us have made it such. Now for my part in it I apologize.

I would love to see smaller guilds patrolling fel and spawnning, But between the two largest guilds on baja I do not see that happening much. Because we do not allow it and si says you have to be in the allaince to play. So for the guilds to do spawns they have take there luck. Sure sure you can sneek some off and we may not notice or even care. I quit playing this game for the items and gold along time ago. I play now for two reasons. The first is something must of us forgot its fun, and the second is my guildies. I love all of my guys to death, and would do anythign for them.

Now in closing can we fix this turn of events on baja pvp? I would say no at this juncture. We have let our shard develop into this problem for way too long. Maybe just maybe if we go back to just playing for fun we can correct some of the issues. Which in turns

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

First sixunder please crawl back under your rock man! You make no sense when you post and then fire off about the roc everytime it benefits you.

[/ QUOTE ]

where what why huh, LOL roc what i dont live under a rock, i live in a van down by the river.

P

Piehunter

Exactly the response one would figure from a whining yewbie.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Exactly the response one would figure from a whining yewbie.

[/ QUOTE ]

who are you? umm im the most non yewbie youll ever see there seniorita. never seen you post on here before. do you dota?

V

VeraL 007

<blockquote><hr>

Six, he wasn't talking to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

SK are you serious? Come on now this is sixunder we are talking about. Everyone has to be talking about him. Plus add in the fact its a pvp thread so six the master of pvp has to be here.

Now that the sarcasm is over, Sorry six not every thought spelled out here is about you. I did not mean to burst your bubble. I think the name of this thread was pvp pride not sixunders pride. Do not worry your head lil sixy I will make a new thread devoted to you and only you.