• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) PvP on Siege, does it exist? Is it worth it?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Siege folks!

I've been contemplating doing a bit of PvP on Siege. I normally fill the x-healer role and run either a mystic or pure mage template. I sold most of my Siege assets a while back and before I invest the time in making up a suit I wanted to be sure it was worthwhile to do so. If I am only ever going to get destroyed by an army of stealth archer/throwers then it might not be the best move for me.

All opinions are welcome!

Thanks.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It depends how much you plan on pvp'ng, Siege pvp is fun....if you can find anyone to fight. It seems like it's only possible to get about 30 mins of pvp per day for the average person who isn't with a guild or group of friends.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Siege folks!

I've been contemplating doing a bit of PvP on Siege. I normally fill the x-healer role and run either a mystic or pure mage template. I sold most of my Siege assets a while back and before I invest the time in making up a suit I wanted to be sure it was worthwhile to do so. If I am only ever going to get destroyed by an army of stealth archer/throwers then it might not be the best move for me.

All opinions are welcome!

Thanks.
The brutal truth is no, you wont get destroyed by groups of anything you will just have a very frustrating time finding anyone willing to fight on a regular basis in a stand up pvp sense. If you want to pk then there are still enough opportunities around to have some fun but you will need a template with hiding, stealth and detect to have any chance.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The brutal truth is no, you wont get destroyed by groups of anything you will just have a very frustrating time finding anyone willing to fight on a regular basis in a stand up pvp sense. If you want to pk then there are still enough opportunities around to have some fun but you will need a template with hiding, stealth and detect to have any chance.
Fighting people who are disinterested in fighting back isn't necessarily what I am going for. I just remember Luna kind of being a battle zone. I wasn't sure with VvV if the battles may have shifted to other venues like the towns and so forth.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Revvo pretty much hit the nail on the head. There aren't any large groups of PvPers. You may find a VvV fight once in a while, but more often than not, the participants are hidden. This is not intended to discourage you. Just the truth of the matter. We would love to have you back! The more people we can get back, the better chance we have of thriving again!

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the comments in this thread are pretty accurate. if you go out lookn..... you will find it. the more people we have on the shard the better. and that goes for everything, pvp and pvm. however, the best thing about siege is the community as a whole. there is no other shard like siege. don't just base it on what you see in this thread. go out, look around, start some fights, fnd a guild and the action will come!!

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my best advice is to built a template you can pvp with but still enjoy pvm'ing with and play the game you will see people to fight from time to time. This shard needs more players that's very true but its still fun to play. Be patient if all your looking for is pvp, its out there .

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have seen more PvP going on the last weeks, Siege slowly start to wake up again.
About the "Its a chicken or egg thing"
I would say, it's a balance between sheep and wolves, if to many wolves, it hurt we will lose to many sheep and to few sheep will make us lose wolves.
However the Siege wolves tend to care about the sheep and not go to hard on them :)