• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Mage with Wrestling - do you need HCI for Stun/Disarm?

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm curious of whether or not to run the 120 Eval & 100 Anatomy for Defensive Wrestling on a PvP mage --- or --- 120 Wrestling to get the Stun/Disarm special....but....do you need HCI for this to be worthwhile against a warrior?

Not sure if I can squeeze another 45 HCI onto the suit, and if I can save the 20 skill points, I will.

Thank you in advance.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take a look at the "% Chance to Hit" calculator http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php
The difference between not having HCI and having HCI is a 34% chance to hit vs a 50% chance to hit.
Also keep in mind that you have to re toggle your combat special move after every spell you cast.
If your targets are players that don't have high DCI adding HCI into the suit will get you to a 72% chance to hit, if they have no fighting skill what so ever you'll have a 100% chance to hit.

I think it really depends on the style of mage you play. If you are an in your face mage (close range to dexers for spells that are distance based like harm and poison) then it might work. If you run an Explosion/Flame Strike mage the usefulness of wrestling vs med/focus goes way down (note if you are a "focused mage" you don't want to go over something like 40). However being able to hit a stun on the run can give you that extra second to wall off a section and make an escape or make a kill.

I personally don't use wrestling and go for the 120 evaluate intelligence/100 anatomy for the 20 skill points.