• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP Mage Template

Digowiz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,
I am planning to finally begin my path into UO PVP and in the last few days i've check a lot of forums to find a good PVP Mage Template. This is what i found so far, please advice or indicate good guide for osi mage:

120 Magery
120 Resisting Spells
120 Meditation
120 Inscription
120 Evaluating Intelligence
120 Spirit Speak/Focus(?) For heal or more damage

Str 100
Dex 25
Int 100

If it is in Siege what adjustments are needed if any?

Thanks.
Moloch.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lose spirit speak and focus unless you are adding necro or mysticism. Otherwise you lose the higher SDI cap and gain nothing of import. You could go with 120 wrestling or weapon skill or even get 100 poisoning and throw the 20 somewhere else like tracking.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are some pvp temps I have been running recently. I do not play siege and I also have no problem running low to no meditation. Not sure if it helps

120 Mysticism
120 focus
120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 spellweaving

run a studded leather suit for 55lmc, get a big mana pool and it's a lot of fun. I don't play siege so if getting a circle for spellweaving is hard, you can drop it for anything else that runs by itself. You use a mage weapon for defense.

120mage
120eval
120resist
120parry
120wrestle
100scribe
33alch

need a 15 skill ring for this one, but you get huge protection vs dexxer, and a big spell damage cap. You are 40sdi since you are focused and have scribe. The 33alch is for a little bit more EP (10% for every 33points in alch) so you need 50EP to make it worthwhile. Giving you 60 overall for a much needed stat boost. You are chugging potions so might as well make htem work a little better. Studded suit, no med, the mana is tough on this guy, you have to budget and cast wisely. Need a reactive paralyze shield, stay away from that hephastus shield. It looks nice with fc1 and 10 parry but the reactive para is what makes the parry mages strong, it paralyzes the attacker 1 out of 3 times you parry making it especially effective vs archers and throwers.

The reason I suggest this one for siege is it should be very strong defensively. You could change out scribe for ninja and be able to form out of dismounts but I never seem to have an issue invising or simply fighting on foot until i can remount. I like having harder hitting spells especially with the slower mana return.

120mage
120eval
120ss
100necro
120resist
100scribe
40med

This is your best bet for a necro scribe mage. Hits pretty hard, scribe won't increase the necro end but it helps the mage end.
You can sub 100scribe w/ 80nox and boost med up to 60. That gives you a very effective way of doing high level poison. 105 necro is 100% strangle but at 100 I rarely notice a fizzle. 120 necro is pretty useless except if you use revs frequently.

I run all my chars at 125str/10dex/120int
If I didn't have a 25 stat I'd go 115/10/100 .. the higher your str the more hit points you have, the more hit points you have the less likely you die. Assuming of course you have halfway decent resistances. I use a crimson on almost every character as well so I am 15 dex. Stamina is rarely is an issue for me.

*Edit* For the parry mage you need 80 dex, the stats are hard to pull off, I can't recall exactly what they are off hand, but it's along the lines of 135/86/110 when buffed up with pots and petals and blessed and all that good stuff.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If its on Siege high wrestling and DCI is essential, its a very dexxer-heavy shard, its infact more essential than resist which loads of players don't even run.