• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pvp in VvV ruined by thieves?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My expectations for VvV. It will be dead in 6 months except for Tram guilds doing the sigil part. Plain and simple it is too easy for a character with 120 stealth, 100 hide, 100 detect, 100 steal to win a town. Also, there is no immediate reward for pvpers... I also dont understand were the vice vs virtue story line comes through. Seems like its guild vs guild with thieves sitting on the outside laughing. More over it would be great if the stats for these fights were posted on a website that kept a history. There is no greater reward than being able to look up how much better you are than everyone else. :)

If the goal of VvV was to create a PvP system that had an object/goal to obtain then I think they are missing the point when a toon with 420 skill points can win a town naked, both arms tied behind his back, and no guild support.

In my opinion it was a great effort by the UO staff to give PvP some sort of Goal. I just dont think they hit the nail on the head and i dont think they will be fixing this system anytime soon.
We will continue to make adjustments to the system based on feedback, as well as continue to support it in future publishes. The last batch of changes will hopefully balance the playing field against the stealthing sigil takers. Our goal is to not completely nerf that portion of the system, but find a balance. At the heart the system is intended to encourage fighting, but also remember that many are sitting on thief/thief-esque characters that don't get used often. Finding a role for them in VvV that is fun while not completely unbalancing everything is the ultimate goal.

In the immediate future we will be implementing leader board stat tracking that will eventually connect to MyUO as well as releasing some additional fiction as to how the storyline for VvV is playing out (both in-game & on UO.com). We will be looking to make the battles more impactful as well as finding a more defined role for the "PvP Thief" We'll also continue to monitor feedback and make changes as necessary. Thanks again for the feedback!