• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(PVP) Holy Fist...

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I agree that interrupting the spell would be acceptable, but CAPPING THE DAMAGE AT 35 IS GOING TOO FAR. There are many other spells that do far more damage, not to mention we have 210 stam archers doing 35 damage AI's every 2 seconds.

Please do not overkill this template. This is one of the ONLY useable masteries as well.

Make it interruptable, but 35 damage cap is WAY TOO LOW!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I agree that interrupting the spell would be acceptable, but CAPPING THE DAMAGE AT 35 IS GOING TOO FAR. There are many other spells that do far more damage, not to mention we have 210 stam archers doing 35 damage AI's every 2 seconds.

Please do not overkill this template. This is one of the ONLY useable masteries as well.

Signed,

I use holy fist please don't nerf it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Seriously... do not nerf this spell. People with chivalry haven't had damage output in YEARS. There are way more things that need to be nerfed before holy fist..... Bleak don't be biased and listen to the few crybabies. It's not fair. If it is nerfed I am quitting UO as well as many others.
It's just a matter of time before the nerf stick comes out.

The don't nerf it or I'll quit argument is a sad one.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So a chiv char can use pots too.. what point do you have there? And I personally do invest 100 skill points to make sure it works more effectively. So you are wrong once again. Have you tried using a cure pot with no EP or Alchy vs LP? Then try chiv. I don't care that it works so well (even though magery cures it what 70% of the time and has 240 skill points invested -again making you look dumb for bringing that up)- but its the fact that it is nearly an instant cast. If you can cast something standing still while a mage is harm spamming or weaken spamming.. i think that shows it is way to fast. And just because it has not been nerfed does not mean there has not been anything wrong with it. Today is the first day I have posted about stupid mechanics on here.

If youd like to we should test it out on any character you want. I will stand still with 4/6 chiv and you try and kill me. Want to?

Edit: There is no pvming you can do for any other skill that makes it more powerful. I would def take the time if that were the case.
:facepalm: Read this really slow you might catch it this time. Cure pots are instant. You're argument about the cleanse is void because anyone and everyone uses cure pots that don't have to invest skill points.

Age of Shadows:Initial release date: February 11, 2003. You're whining about a 13 year old template that hasn't changed one time. Not only that but you're the ONLY ONE complaining about it too. Weaksauce brah. Weak.

Can someone post the cast time of close wounds and mini heal for comparison. They're not that far off I know.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Actually, the right bow can do low 50s damage if hit spell and velocity hit. That's every 1.25 seconds.

I think the 35 damage cap is reasonable. It'll still high enough to be usable but not overkill.

Ariel Hardy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I guess the point is, put it to interrupt, or put the damage cap, one or another, both will kill the damage output

Demonic Taste

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This bug will be addressed in the next publish. The damage of Holy Fist will be capped at 35 in PvP and can be interrupted. Any other balance issues you see with the spell can be discussed here and we will take that feedback under consideration if there is consensus.
I think 35 is too harsh. The interruption is needed, but 35 on a cursed target is very low. You are potentially killing many template and making this one of the only capped elemental spells in the game. Limit the damage to 40 like others have suggest, please. 35 is simply not enough when armor ignore was put to 35 before we had dual hit spells, and when everyone had suits that were no where near max (150) HP. 35 HP cap is too low for modern PvP on a CURSED target.

If you insist on capping the damage at 35, you should re-evaluate the mana cost of the spell, as 24 mana (at 40 LMC) is quite expensive for a 35 damage nuke with no hit spell chance or additional damage.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we all know why this thread was created.

We made two chiv dexers and we killed the main guilds on atlantic outnumbered ( VIREM- DJ DIDDLES just two examples...)But the kills were never due holy fist , but prior dismounts ( with renewal and attunement up) and mortals and other specs and holy fists just once or twice.... ( just to be sure that u don't miss ).

So these kids cannot stand losing and they came here to cry about it. Losing for them outnumbered is not good , they don't want to do it.

They have archers that can shoot so fast and have bows without DI nowadays but they can reach almost 100 di anyway!!! so they put on bows Hit lower defence and two spells....sometimes they make OMEN too...so you can have an ai of 60 + dmg , an A R M O U R I G N O R E !!!!

Better if they use a YUMI and you get a dmg of 80+ dmg.... lol????

Now they break the balls for a spell that does 35 dmg lol...

Make it interruptable , this is the thing that is not correct now, you should be able to WEAKEN a spell .... but capping the dmg is ridicolous . NOBODY CAN DIE TO HOLY FIST SPAM if you can interrupt it. You need to go to play tetris then.... no UO for u for a week.

P.s. if the developers pvp ( maybe some of them really pvp? ) they would see that holy fist does 22 dmg on ELF dexers , who have 75 energy base dmg .... are we serious here? Should not we address the attentions to the BUGS that avoid people to curse an opponent?????????????? is it so difficult to understand ? I cannot curse enemies anymore on Atlantic ....

I see mages casting on themselves to curse bug themselves during the fight!!!!! is it normal????? lol....

This is the Stupid thing in game going on now. If developers PVP they will fix this ASAP .

Make Holy fist interruptable. It's correct.

The rest is stupid. Simple facts.

Last edited:

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think 35 is too harsh. The interruption is needed, but 35 on a cursed target is very low. You are potentially killing many template and making this one of the only capped elemental spells in the game. Limit the damage to 40 like others have suggest, please. 35 is simply not enough when armor ignore was put to 35 before we had dual hit spells, and when everyone had suits that were no where near max (150) HP. 35 HP cap is too low for modern PvP on a CURSED target.

If you insist on capping the damage at 35, you should re-evaluate the mana cost of the spell, as 24 mana (at 40 LMC) is quite expensive for a 35 damage nuke with no hit spell chance or additional damage.
It's funny because the MASTERIES are totally useless for pvp , except spellweaving, chivalry and parrying at the moment. All the rest is crap, except confidence too for Bushido.

They gave the possibility to cast ONE offensive spell to Chiv dexers ( AOS template, it was useless nowadays cuz ZERO offense) !!!! and the crybabies say " ahhhhhh noooooooooooooooooo " and all the crybabies now who do 80 dmg with a yumi ( omen etc).... now they complain for a template that has to go super offensive to get kills ( ie dismount with no dachi , exposing to sync drops while on foot etc) .

And I wanna underline this. They are so bad at UO that they don't realize what to do when somebody is on foot ....

How can you DIE to a chiv DEXER?????????? how is it possible? unless you're dismounted after a no dachi? If you can interrupt the ONLY offensive spell he tries to cast????? how is it possible to die?

It's not. So by capping the dmg we prove once more how ppl don't know anything about pvp.

I will make videos tonight of the dmg of ARCHERS - MAGES and CHIV DEXER.... so we can laugh. MAYBE by looking at what HAPPENS in game....ppl will stop talking stupid things?

Holy Fist needs to be interruptable...nothing else.

Last edited:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:facepalm: Read this really slow you might catch it this time. Cure pots are instant. You're argument about the cleanse is void because anyone and everyone uses cure pots that don't have to invest skill points.

Age of Shadows:Initial release date: February 11, 2003. You're whining about a 13 year old template that hasn't changed one time. Not only that but you're the ONLY ONE complaining about it too. Weaksauce brah. Weak.

Can someone post the cast time of close wounds and mini heal for comparison. They're not that far off I know.
Cure pots aren't very effective vs lp with no EP and Alchemy.

Im comparing it to MAGERY though. Look at the time it takes to cast arch cure and effectiveness vs cleanse by fire. That ends the argument there bud. Magery invests 240 skill points (double skill) , is MUCH slower and MUCH more ineffective.

And also compare how much a mini heal heals for vs a close wounds. LOL. A close wounds heals for almost triple damage.. again for HALF the skill points involved.

I am fine with every spell chiv has.. .it just needs to be adjusted speed wise. 2/6 should be the cap and it would be fair and comparable to the other skills out there. It just sounds like you rely on it and do not want it to be the same casting as everything else.

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is becoming a joke...

Now people are crying over 4/6 chiv too? Give me a break. These are the same two guilds crying because the devs wont design the game THEIR way? This debate is getting less about Holy Fist and more about keeping 2 Atlantic Guilds in power. If you notice, most of the people complaining are from the same 2 guilds...

Play a chiv toon or fight one and you will see holy fist's damage is already fine. Its not like you kill people in two fists, you still have to work with the other skills you have on your temp. Its extremely mana intensive as well.

And back to the 35 damage cap. How in the hell does this make sense if the target has 0 energy resistance? Please explain why fist will do the same damage to 70 resistance and 0 resistance, this makes absolutely no sense. Just add the interrupt, but keep the damage, it's really as simple as that...

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something like this :sad2:
Considering nobody has pvped without EP since pre imbuing, I'd say you point on that is a few years behind times too. Stupid point.

Magery has a full offensive arsenal. Chiv has fist and the equivalent to a harm spam. Magery SHOULD have double the skill points invested. Yes it heals for 2.5 times a mini heal but often times the gear and skills to achieve a viable 4/6 template require chivalry as the only healing option and with the karma and high mana consumption it should have some sort of advantage.

I sure do rely on chivalry. I run a samp just like the other 95-98% of the remaining UO players. If you think they'll risk losing a portion of those players because you can't fight a 13 year old skill well then I think you're mistaken.

There's plenty of ways to kill these characters easily. If you can't do it on your template then I suggest you get better at UO and upgrade your skill set. The devs shouldn't have to carry and cater weak pvpers. They should only have to fix the obvious unbalanced issues.

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol its pretty funny that people think a 48 damage spell that slows people and is instant damage is ok. So a pure mage has to have 120 magery 120 eval 100 inscribe and 30 sdi to be able to cast a 35 damage explosion but yet a chiv guy only needs 120 chiv 4/6 and high karma to cast faster then a explosion and do 13 more damage then some one with 220 more skill and actual sdi. It makes the game very imbalanced when u have arguably the best defensive skill in the game and give it the highest damage out put spell in the game. The cast time and the skills required do not go together with the damage. Make the spell scale with sdi maxing at 35damage with the same cast speed or max the damage out at 40 with a longer cast time(all interruptible if that was not clear lol) . People crying its the same guilds talking about nerfing it are funny. Its the same people who have always been really bad at pvp trying to not get it nerfed because even the worst players can be useful with this spell lol.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... the casting time to damage output is not balanced, it's as simple as that. Pure mage flamestrike damage at mindblast speed. There is nothing to argue.

If someone can tell me why a character casting holy fist should be able to do the same damage as a pure mage except .75 seconds faster, go right ahead.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering nobody has pvped without EP since pre imbuing, I'd say you point on that is a few years behind times too. Stupid point.

Magery has a full offensive arsenal. Chiv has fist and the equivalent to a harm spam. Magery SHOULD have double the skill points invested. Yes it heals for 2.5 times a mini heal but often times the gear and skills to achieve a viable 4/6 template require chivalry as the only healing option and with the karma and high mana consumption it should have some sort of advantage.

I sure do rely on chivalry. I run a samp just like the other 95-98% of the remaining UO players. If you think they'll risk losing a portion of those players because you can't fight a 13 year old skill well then I think you're mistaken.

There's plenty of ways to kill these characters easily. If you can't do it on your template then I suggest you get better at UO and upgrade your skill set. The devs shouldn't have to carry and cater weak pvpers. They should only have to fix the obvious unbalanced issues.
Keep 4/6 chiv in tram facets. It has no place in pvp.

Again would you like to go on test center and I will use 4/6 chiv and see if you can kill me? I will let you use any template you want without pets. Its easy to prove me wrong. I am more than willing to showcase how overpowered it is.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find holy first quite underpowered actually.
The chiv passive needs to be changed to +4 fc, and 6 fcr, so the 211 stam archers can use it too, this template is rearly used thise days, due to their poor damage output.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I find holy first quite underpowered actually.
The chiv passive needs to be changed to +4 fc, and 6 fcr, so the 211 stam archers can use it too, this template is rearly used thise days, due to their poor damage output.
Under powered? What are you smoking?

Jazmin

Adventurer
The pvpers against holy fist are pathetic. You are just bad at the game and you wan't anything nerfed that you can't handle.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pvpers against holy fist are pathetic. You are just bad at the game and you wan't anything nerfed that you can't handle.
Give a rebuttle to the people that are complaining and let us know how it IS fair. I'd love to listen to your points of view. Otherwise you just sound like some new 4/6 chiv noob that spams holy fist and does not want that adjusted down correctly because you will be worthless again and not know what to do with a normal template.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously... do not nerf this spell. People with chivalry haven't had damage output in YEARS. There are way more things that need to be nerfed before holy fist..... Bleak don't be biased and listen to the few crybabies. It's not fair. If it is nerfed I am quitting UO as well as many others.
Chivalry is about being defensive. The fact that it has that kind of damage out put for that cast you shouldn't be complaining. It's a 35 damage lightning. That's not good enough?

I'm all for the damage being raised, if the cast time as well. If it hits harder than a scribe mage's flamestrike then it should reflect that in the casting time. Especially when its that kind of damage with a lot less skill points involved to reach that thresh hold.

You'll be missed dearly though when the changes roll around.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I can't wait til this thing is nerfed.

Pvp is basically running into the first person to curse you and spam holy first.

You get hit once it's 48 points if damage, forced walk for a second or two, and you lose about 90 points of stamina from it.

Given that all of these occur with one spell, at low uninterruptible casting speed, this can't be fixed soon enough.

This should be called as planned and remove the forced walk crap it has.

It should also be interruptible with a longer casting time.

If you exclude any one of these then the mana consumption should go up and put a cast timer like shield bash, that consumes mana regardless if you hit someone.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak

please keep holy fist worth using. it may need a very slight nerf, but keep in mind other skills have a forced walk spell (much better than holy fist) and damage output from holy fist is on par with other combos.

personally i would make it do slightly less damage than a flamestrike (flamestrike does about 50 damage max) because of the faster casting speed possible with holy fist. I would also tie holy fist damage to a weapons skill (similar to magery/eval "caster" character, a paladin is a "fighter" character so should be tied to weapons skill)

seeing the paladin be viable again is not a bad thing (and maybe they can actually kill someone now too, not just "stay alive" like its been for a good number of years now)

keep in mind, suits are incredibly powerful now. before eaters and max hpr was the norm, 35 damage was a big spell (even at the time much higher damage was possible) now its just not.

with the gear inflation weve had since global loot, players need to also have higher damage output. thats all im saying.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Bleak

please keep holy fist worth using. it may need a very slight nerf, but keep in mind other skills have a forced walk spell (much better than holy fist) and damage output from holy fist is on par with other combos.

personally i would make it do slightly less damage than a flamestrike (flamestrike does about 50 damage max) because of the faster casting speed possible with holy fist. I would also tie holy fist damage to a weapons skill (similar to magery/eval "caster" character, a paladin is a "fighter" character so should be tied to weapons skill)
Holy Fist is already tied to a weapon skill. To get maximum damage, you need 120 natural Chivalry and 120 natural weapon skill. Most players are using wrestling or swordsmanship.

On the topic of the force walk aspect of holy fist, it's a 1 second force walk that is 100% avoided by having resisting spells on your template.. If you're trying to cheese your way through PvP without resist, I have no sympathy for you. (@OREOGL)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you for real? Seriously, restrict it at 35? chivalry has been useless every since its not possible to toggle specials while casting, you`ve implemented a function for enemy of one in PvP which is currently broken, now finally chivalry has become semi-useful again, and you completely nerve it? 35 is way to low, you cannot just make a spell totally useless, making it interruptible i totally understand, but lowering the damage to 35? thats just silly, dont forget u need 32.000 karma ( which is a pain to achieve) 120 REAL Swords and 120 REAL Chivalry.

Deathstrike damage is capped at 50.

I plea for no cap, see how just making in interruptible effect PvP.

We have flamestrikes doing 55+ with spell focus sash.

If you want to cap it, cap it at 40 - 45, there is no reason for chivalry to become completely useless again.

And most important, holy fist is already capped at 35 - 36, it is ONLY when someone curses the target that such damage occurs, when someone hits a moving shot with a HEAVY crossbow it does 40 + hit spells potentially 60 dmg per hit @ 2.0 seconds
when u hit with a composite bow after curse the normal hits do 32 - 35 not counting hit spells @ 1.25 seconds WHILE RUNNING.. this doesnt get nerved either.

There are to many factors that affect this spell in order to give it a straight 35 damage nerve.
Agreed 100%!!

To all those complaining..stop sucking!

What's the difference between 5 stealth archers spamming AI, and 5 characters running up with holy fist loaded, or flame strike, I mean..it's the new template of the week. You've succeeded nerfing an entire skill in pvp again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Holy Fist is already tied to a weapon skill. To get maximum damage, you need 120 natural Chivalry and 120 natural weapon skill. Most players are using wrestling or swordsmanship.

On the topic of the force walk aspect of holy fist, it's a 1 second force walk that is 100% avoided by having resisting spells on your template.. If you're trying to cheese your way through PvP without resist, I have no sympathy for you. (@OREOGL)
The point of the forced walk is that it has three stacking effects. Though one is a result of the damage taken.

What other offensive spell can do this?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Agreed 100%!!

What's the difference between 5 stealth archers spamming AI, and 5 characters running up with holy fist loaded, or flame strike, I mean..it's the new template of the week. You've succeeded nerfing an entire skill in pvp again.

You are not making an comparable argument.

Holy fist is a fast spell that can't be interrupted with two effects.

The difference with the archers is RNG.

Flame strike is slower can be interrupted.

There's really no argument that could not result in a nerf, besides "I'm using holy first and it's not overpowered at all". Or my favorite, "you're ruining pvp!"

How about you learn to play a real template instead if one that only requires two spells.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are not making an comparable argument.

Holy fist is a fast spell that can't be interrupted with two effects.

The difference with the archers is RNG.

Flame strike is slower can be interrupted.

There's really no argument that could not result in a nerf, besides "I'm using holy first and it's not overpowered at all". Or my favorite, "you're ruining pvp!"

How about you learn to play a real template instead if one that only requires two spells.
I actually don't have a chiv template. I wasn't going to spend stupid gold on the jewls needed to make it worth it, considering I knew the first day I tested it would be nerfed. As for it not being interruptible. Not even sure how that made it past the 1 tester on test center. That damage should be capped at 45 while cursed and the cast time should have been increased to 2.75 seconds with 4/6 casting. They are just making it mediocre at best and not worth investing 120 skill, keeping max Karma, and having disgusting jewls to make this template worth using. They might as well get rid of it completely at that rate. Once the fix goes live, chivalry goes back on soulstones. Lol it needed to be balanced but not made useless. Then again explaining the difference between balance and nerf to these ****ing devs who take 95% of the game ideas from people who never leave Luna..is like talking to a wall while not tripping.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I actually don't have a chiv template. I wasn't going to spend stupid gold on the jewls needed to make it worth it, considering I knew the first day I tested it would be nerfed. As for it not being interruptible. Not even sure how that made it past the 1 tester on test center. That damage should be capped at 45 while cursed and the cast time should have been increased to 2.75 seconds with 4/6 casting. They are just making it mediocre at best and not worth investing 120 skill, keeping max Karma, and having disgusting jewls to make this template worth using. They might as well get rid of it completely at that rate. Once the fix goes live, chivalry goes back on soulstones. Lol it needed to be balanced but not made useless. Then again explaining the difference between balance and nerf to these ****ing devs who take 95% of the game ideas from people who never leave Luna..is like talking to a wall while not tripping.

The skill was never meant to make an entire template just as if you cast only flame strike in pvp, you're not going to get very far.

45 damage in curse should only be allowed if it's interruptable at a slower casting speed and more mana intensive.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These kids get rekt and cry. Old 12 yrs skill. They added one spell , now they cry. The spell has to be interruptable, end of

InfernO will come to get you

Crak Lord

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy fister are so OP but i think a 40 damage cap and disreputable is fine...

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
should only do good damage from a pure fighter/paladin, have certain skills like magery, necro, bush, ninja etc, seriously nerf it like they do for spell damage, pure mage. just my opinion.
the pure fighter/paladin needs help lol

Crak Lord

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i would be ok with 40 damage and disrupt able and karma doesn't need to be high for the 40 damage :D still a lot better then watch en a guy cast it casting clumsy and it does zero....too stop him lol

Crak Lord

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People keep saying pallys need help rly? u can heal faster then any temp in the game remove curse like its a mini heal..its a defensive type temp....

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually don't have a chiv template. I wasn't going to spend stupid gold on the jewls needed to make it worth it, considering I knew the first day I tested it would be nerfed. As for it not being interruptible. Not even sure how that made it past the 1 tester on test center.
because on test center it was doing laughable damage (about like a mage harm spell or less). when holy fist was published, it was so bad that no one would use it. then they way upped the damage a few weeks after but didnt change anything else about it.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed 100%!!

The difference is the archers can miss even though that's apples and oranges.

Next, flamestrike is a much longer cast time and can be disrupted, and it takes far more skill to do the same damage.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40 dmg ok I agree, interruptable of course I agree too.

Stop crying, learn pvp. End of.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that interrupting the spell would be acceptable, but CAPPING THE DAMAGE AT 35 IS GOING TOO FAR.
It seems that a 35 damage cap is all too popular. If every spell/ability is capped at 35 damage then what is the point of having different skills and spells?

There should be a target damage range for each spell. Holy fist could be the highest damage ability of a Paladin, but that means everything else needs to be moved downward.

Also, could a possible balancing fix to Holy Fist be a reduction in Karma every time it is used?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It seems that a 35 damage cap is all too popular. If every spell/ability is capped at 35 damage then what is the point of having different skills and spells?

There should be a target damage range for each spell. Holy fist could be the highest damage ability of a Paladin, but that means everything else needs to be moved downward.

Also, could a possible balancing fix to Holy Fist be a reduction in Karma every time it is used?
They begin capping damage because they don't know how to balance it otherwise but the karma requirement should be removed.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may be the first time I ever posted here but I need to say it...THE SPELL NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED. I'll let all the hardcore pvpers come up with suggestions on how to change it accordingly.

The damage output is crazy for not being able to interrupt it and it not requiring a compliment skill. Magery needs Eval & Inscription, Necro needs Spirit Speak, Mysticism needs Focus and a warrior needs Tactics & Anatomy. Now throw in the fact that you need SDI for casters and DI/HCI for warriors. Chivalry needs Karma... How did this spell even make it into the game, let alone be uninterruptible??????

A deathstrike requires multiple skills to do max damage. Holy Fist needs KARMA.. What a joke.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This may be the first time I ever posted here but I need to say it...THE SPELL NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED. I'll let all the hardcore pvpers come up with suggestions on how to change it accordingly.

The damage output is crazy for not being able to interrupt it and it not requiring a compliment skill. Magery needs Eval & Inscription, Necro needs Spirit Speak, Mysticism needs Focus and a warrior needs Tactics & Anatomy. Now throw in the fact that you need SDI for casters and DI/HCI for warriors. Chivalry needs Karma... How did this spell even make it into the game, let alone be uninterruptible??????

A deathstrike requires multiple skills to do max damage. Holy Fist needs KARMA.. What a joke.
Once again, people are not even reading the documentation before making statements. Holy Fist requires natural 120 Chivalry and 120 of any weapon skill (including wrestling) in order to do decent damage. Every single holy fister has an accompanying weapon skill. Stop spouting this nonsense argument that it's a standalone ability.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Once again, people are not even reading the documentation before making statements. Holy Fist requires natural 120 Chivalry and 120 of any weapon skill (including wrestling) in order to do decent damage. Every single holy fister has an accompanying weapon skill. Stop spouting this nonsense argument that it's a standalone ability.
Your argument doesn't mean much, because of course you wouldn't just be using chiv alone.

Chances are the template already had the weapon skill to begin with.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Your argument doesn't mean much, because of course you wouldn't just be using chiv alone.

Chances are the template already had the weapon skill to begin with.
It's not an argument, it's a fact. A huge number of users in this thread are unaware of the mastery's most basic requirement. Also, you are foolish to not think that fist templates wouldn't be even more powerful (and unkillable) without the necessity of a weapon skill.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's not an argument, it's a fact. A huge number of users in this thread are unaware of the mastery's most basic requirement. Also, you are foolish to not think that fist templates wouldn't be even more powerful (and unkillable) without the necessity of a weapon skill.
Nice straw man argument.

But this isn't what I said at all.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
sounds to me like the holy fister lovers are just mad cause they spent a lot of cash making gimp temps lolz
Yes and like with most things PvP a few weeks after it's nerfed they will find a new Gimplate of the Month.