• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP - Harrowers and Barracoons OH MY!

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well; I'm not sure about 3 or 4 harrowers or whatever the COM/OATH guild popped; but I was IM'd at about 830-9 oclock to a "COM HAS UP A HARRY!!" so I said what the heck. I log on and we have 6 or 7 people. Regardless; we got a circle and proceeded to Cove. We push in with 3-4 dragons and kill all the oranges/blues/reds at the door. Low and Behold; we go in to a room full of gold... No harrower. So these COM/OATH were advertising a DEAD harrower...

HMMMMMM WE THOUGHT...

So then one of the COM had the nerve to say "YOU ARE ****ING COWARDS! YOU PROVED YOU HAD THE NUMBERS TO RAID!"

I said "We're cowards?" followed by in ventilo.. "Get the skulls ready. We popping a harrower NOW."

So we pop the harrower to see where it is; learn it's cove lvl 3 AGAIN and we IMMEDIATELY spam in chat "A NEW HARROWER IS POPPED IN COVE" && "THE COWARDS HAVE POPPED A HARROWER" "COME TAKE IT".

It takes nearly an hour to get it low.. then all of the sudden OATH & COM push through with 4 dragons and NUMEROUS people against our 8 people. After a little discombulation because of the dragons; we were pushed back to the throne room where we laid out everyone brave enough to push in. 9 "25+" stat scrolls were accumulated!! Good times indeed.

As we were cleaning up bodies and counting scrolls; a guest visitor appeared! None other then our own EM Drosselmeyer. Drosselmeyer said it was a good fight and would of been there sooner but was busy doing something... secret...!! HMM! Yes we begged and pleaded to know. Drosselmeyer claimed it was "A secret to even me!!" We offered gold on the ground and even faction silver, "But I am jealous!! I am allergic to gold & silver!" Drosselmeyer said. Interesting indeed! It was nice to see you peeping in on the PVP action though Drosselmeyer!!

KUDOS to COM for raiding. And do know; we dont get on until 9-10PM EST on any given night. So feel free to do your harrowers earlier if you don't want to fight. :thumbup1:

After a bit later; I was again summoned in vent to "RAID A DESPISE". I IM my faithful co-GM Turles; and off we went. We hid at the drop down when a COM was saying to Necro "LETS PUSH TOGETHER!!" as Necro says "No Thanks, I HAVE A POSSY!" (He meant Posse :() As Turles & I reveal and chase him down and kill him. We then proceed to push onto the bridge (5 of us) and take that Barracoon! Much blood was shed and many lives were lost! But we were victorious. No good scrolls were gained from this bout though. A great fight though. We enjoy our wars with FY. We are glad they try and aren't afraid to come back. KUDOs to you guys as well.

Feel free to comment!!

- Lox & UHOH

PS: We plan to do a PUBLIC HARROWER for all blues and DEFEND IT FOR THEM to get all the scrolls they want. Let us know what you think and when is a good day! We willtry to accomodate you with our own schedules. (It will be at 10PM though. This can't be changed.)

**HIGH FIVE'S CHESAPEAKE RESIDENTS!!**

P

Pinho

I haven't, pvp in ages, and much have changed sense 5 years ago.
Is nice to have wars like this, U die some, U kill some.
I just wish the trash talk would stop.
Lest see how many blues gonna show up for that.
btw nice post, with no trash talk.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Most of the time the guilds here don't trash talk. Every once in a while you get someone who gets their feelers bent, though.

I will say that in general chat, oh my goodness- the trash talk can get so bad. I can't believe some of the players aren't banned for their language.

We've always been firm believers in keeping our mouths shut on the field. If we want to start some crap talk, we will do it on our OWN public forums.

H

HyperActif

Sounds like a good time, sorry we missed it. I was behind an imbuing gump for most of the evening, and watching the Lakers for the rest.

The PvE part of the Harrower is such a pain -- love the fights it spawns tho :)

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Sounds like a good time, sorry we missed it. I was behind an imbuing gump for most of the evening, and watching the Lakers for the rest.

The PvE part of the Harrower is such a pain -- love the fights it spawns tho :)
It always took a long time even if you had a BUNCH of people on it, and no reds raiding you.

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dog goneit, I had a feeling i should have goten on and died last night. Wifey wanted to cuddle, and kids wanted to spend some time with the ol man. maybe next time. I cant see how ppl claim that PVP is dead here(im sure its more intense on another shard) I like the fights with all of the PvPers Lending me deathrobes (even the ones that Disarm LOL.):thumbup1:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When is that public Harrower going to be?
We aren't comepletely sure (I have been busy since Thursday morning and won't be on to talk to my guildies much about it until rather late Sunday) but if you guys have any suggestions for a DATE please feel free to leave a post here. We would like a good turn out!

** Again; on WHATEVER day it takes place; it will be at 10PM EST; just a pre-warning. **

V

Vortimer

Sundays are usually best.... like after 7pm.

Late harrowers won't get much of a turnout.

A

A Rev

If you can provide me with a 100%lrc 40lmc some MR suit, ill attend...that way i can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Build a char and get the stat scrolls needed (hopefully) :)