• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pvp Guide for Trammies

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my 2 cents.

120 Magery is nice, but not mandatory. Unless your template really relies on using the poison spell or casting 8th circle spells all the time it's not that needed.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was not my intent to hijack the thread nor turn this into a personal attack against one another.

Did I used to PVP in UO? Quite a bit but never exclusively nor did I ever claim to be the best at it. While the original poster did put some thought into it, and there have been several threads like this in the past, the one point they never make when trying to "Lure" new/unfamiliar players into PVP is you will be going up against people using third party exploits. Bottom line. If you are not going to be a cheater then you are going to be at a serious disadvantage. Not every PVP'r cheats but a large number do. While you shouldn't be afraid to PVP since you do not lose much its frustrating and not much fun. While you say "Its skill against skill" thats only true if both are cheating or neither are. Two people shouldn't be in the same race if one is riding a bicycle and the other a motorcycle.
Good job. You gave up and you are advising new players not to try.
Newsflash bud:
People have been cheating at every game ever invented since the dawn of time.
People are scripting and cheating all throughout Trammel also.
I don't cheat and I hold my own very well pvping so I wonder if your real issues about pvp are lack of skill and paranoia.
Either way what you say makes no sense because if in your own words there is no risk involved in pvp why in the world wouldnt you give it a try?
It must suck to be so consumed by cheaters and so worried that everyone can't be on the exact same playing field even in a game :(

Last edited:

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to be a troll or anything.
But i really fail to see how this guide will help anyone new to pvp.

Best advice i can give anyone new to pvp is this.
Join a PVP guild, ask your new "friends" to teach you the robes.
Seriously? If you really this in a pvp guild know that no one will teach you "the ways of the stones" ... has always been and always will be a combat strategy is personal and no one will take you this way ... it's only for a forum like this you have an idea how to start. I said in the beginning, no one of my guild approve or disapprove this forum.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your words show that you really have no clue what pvp is about so I am not sure why you are commenting on it.
Pvp is not about risk and and has not ever been about risk. It is about excitement and matching skills/wits with other players.
Pvm on the other hand, while useful as a means to get gear for pvp, is mindless, dull and repetitive.
This ofc means that there is zero real excitement involved. This is I guess ok if you have never pvped as you wont know real excitement or what you are missing but otherwise I am guessing that it would be a little like kissing your sister maybe?
Sure you are puckering your lips but there aint no thrill there.
Unless you live south of New Jersey. From what I hear all bets are off then :)
I agree! as it is so repetitive over time you can hit any legendary boss. just watch some videos on you tube, which makes the devs time to time change the "time" to answer these bosses! :thumbsup:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously? If you really this in a pvp guild know that no one will teach you "the ways of the stones" ... has always been and always will be a combat strategy is personal and no one will take you this way ... it's only for a forum like this you have an idea how to start. I said in the beginning, no one of my guild approve or disapprove this forum.
Sorry m8, but i don't understand what your trying to say :(

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, buddies, thats a tips for solo-pvp=) Lets talk about right gang-tactics and templates)

When I played before, I usually use Ninja-Archer as support char in gang for dismounting and slowdown victims)
This template not work without hiding and stealth
There are plenty of ways to dismount and help your group without using hiding. If the highlight of your groups night is you popping out of hiding/stealth to dismount one poor slob at a time I feel bad for you, no offense.
Except for a few very specific Ninja templates hiding has always been a crutch for poor pvpers and/or a tool for griefing thieves.

Learn to pvp or get hiding and skulk around like a noob. Not too much in between there whether you are solo or in a group.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry m8, but i don't understand what your trying to say :(
you will not find someone willing to teach you everything, what this person learned featuring much time and labor; just because you are in her guild, my friend!

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Goldturd about the steath archers being mostly useless but at the same time if it means new people pvping then whatever floats their boat!!!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only stealth archer worth playing is a lone guy outside of your guild on a random shard who has spirit speak. If you really want to play the complete a$$hat guy you have to be able to stalk a ghost, I have and it's fun. Otherwise stealth is much, MUCH better suited to running a DS spamming guy who can actually kill people. Bleed, AI, DS, ninja star, AI and another DS if needed (with a few lucky hit spells)= insurance gold.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you will not find someone willing to teach you everything, what this person learned featuring much time and labor; just because you are in her guild, my friend!
I must disagree.
Most PVP guilds iv'e been in were willing to some degree to take in new people, and teach them to some extend.
I do myself teach people in the art of PVP now and then. And im just a random fieldfighter :)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must disagree.
Most PVP guilds iv'e been in were willing to some degree to take in new people, and teach them to some extend.
I do myself teach people in the art of PVP now and then. And im just a random fieldfighter :)

Actually I disagree. Not all will tell "everything" because PvP in UO is also shared with mistrust of other players even players in the same guild. If one PvPer has 0ne secret advantage /trick to be able to survive and kill others, with all other pvp knowledge shared among friends and guild mates, they will still keep that one thing a secret for the just in case scenarios of Fel

So goes the rules of a sandbox game :)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I disagree. Not all will tell "everything" because PvP in UO is also shared with mistrust of other players even players in the same guild. If one PvPer has 0ne secret advantage /trick to be able to survive and kill others, with all other pvp knowledge shared among friends and guild mates, they will still keep that one thing a secret for the just in case scenarios of Fel

So goes the rules of a sandbox game :)
Try and look for the words "most" and "to some degree". When you have done that, im pretty sure you would agree and not disagree, to 95% of what i wrote :)
I heartly don't believe there are any secrets left in this 17 year old game, unless you are refering to the use of 3rd party programs.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try and look for the words "most" and "to some degree". When you have done that, im pretty sure you would agree and not disagree, to 95% of what i wrote :)
I heartly don't believe there are any secrets left in this 17 year old game, unless you are refering to the use of 3rd party programs.
Kaio, goes something like this ... I will give an example:
I can beat all alone spawning bosses; less the great dragon @ # $% !!!, I'll affectionately call Rikku, but I can see several members of my guild killing him without sweat a lot...:cool:
I do not wish now go deeper into the issue of basic construction of a char ... I'm sure that will give more controversy ... why? because the construction of this char will determine whether you will be successful with certain enemies or not.
therein lies the secret of this game:flame:
We are moving the second part of this discussion to a specific forum area

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kaio, goes something like this ... I will give an example:
I can beat all alone spawning bosses; less the great dragon @ # $% !!!, I'll affectionately call Rikku, but I can see several members of my guild killing him without sweat a lot...:cool:
I do not wish now go deeper into the issue of basic construction of a char ... I'm sure that will give more controversy ... why? because the construction of this char will determine whether you will be successful with certain enemies or not.
therein lies the secret of this game:flame:
We are moving the second part of this discussion to a specific forum area
I will share a secret with you :)

Someone in this thread wrote
120 Magery is nice, but not mandatory. Unless your template really relies on using the poison spell or casting 8th circle spells all the time it's not that needed.
This is not correct.
120 magery is mandatory to have if you use a -mage weapon.
You can put that in your guide if u like..

So if i understand what your'e saying correct, then you are in a guild where people have secret templates to solo various stuff, that they dont want to share ??
Maby its time to find a new guild ?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if i understand what your'e saying correct, then you are in a guild where people have secret templates to solo various stuff, that they dont want to share ??
Not really. If you find something that totally works and makes you rich with little effort then you don't want everyone to mooch.

In PvP if you find something that extremely works well at slaying people then you definitely don't want the word to get out. People cycle guilds pretty often in pvp.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really. If you find something that totally works and makes you rich with little effort then you don't want everyone to mooch.

In PvP if you find something that extremely works well at slaying people then you definitely don't want the word to get out. People cycle guilds pretty often in pvp.
I have yet to see such template. Uo is a sandbox game, you cant really hide anything. Fight anyone and u will figure out what skills they have pretty quick.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am not referring to 3rd party programs even though many think that is the edge in PvP in UO which is not.

Plenty of secrets left in UO as old as the game is.

Oh! I still disagree as you do with me :)

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are dozens of tips, tricks and tweaks that many experienced pvpers know nothing about. Whether it is in the build or the actual combat.
Most of them are not game changing by themselves but knowing and using them all when the time is right makes all the difference in the world and is why some players consistently are the best no matter what template they play.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are dozens of tips, tricks and tweaks that many experienced pvpers know nothing about. Whether it is in the build or the actual combat.
Most of them are not game changing by themselves but knowing and using them all when the time is right makes all the difference in the world and is why some players consistently are the best no matter what template they play.
Elaborate! :p

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not referring to 3rd party programs even though many think that is the edge in PvP in UO which is not.

Plenty of secrets left in UO as old as the game is.

Oh! I still disagree as you do with me :)
Then by all means, do share one of those secrets, you do claim there are "plenty" of them :)
I dont think sharing one tiny secret with the masses will hurt your income or killing abilities in PVP.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then by all means, do share one of those secrets, you do claim there are "plenty" of them :)
I dont think sharing one tiny secret with the masses will hurt your income or killing abilities in PVP.
Well it wouldn't be a secret if you knew..now would it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no secrets in this game, or prove me wrong.
And stop the trolling, its not nice
All my secrets involve 3rd party programs and making static objects movable..and I also make poison fields heal me..man I don't know any secrets, nor was I "trolling" just having a bit of fun.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will share a secret with you :)

Someone in this thread wrote
This is not correct.
120 magery is mandatory to have if you use a -mage weapon.
You can put that in your guide if u like..

thanks for the reply, and I'm in a guild yes, not quite secret models, but gears that are unique and specific to each one ... and have a guild can be interesting ... but I think not for me .. .I have a job with elastic schedule, that is I have no fixed schedule ... and I'm very happy with the diversity of people in my guild:thumbup:

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for the reply, and I'm in a guild yes, not quite secret models, but gears that are unique and specific to each one ... and have a guild can be interesting ... but I think not for me .. .I have a job with elastic schedule, that is I have no fixed schedule ... and I'm very happy with the diversity of people in my guild:thumbup:
Ah! yes! not necessarily real 120 Magery, maybe you can use any items or jewelry to have at 100 Magery, this will depend on what you think getting in pvp. :bdh:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking as someone who now just spars with guildmates for fun... There is a certain fear to PVP that for me is akin to stage fright. With insurance, yes there is almost 0 risk of losing items. I more than appreciate someone taking the time to share certain basic things because someone doesn't always want to "join a guild" just to gain simple knowledge. Especially when already in a guild. If there is one recommendation I can make, find a friend and copy your chars over to the test center. Go to Felucca and have at it. Shake that fear, set up basic macro's. Don't carry 50 potions and 200 bandages. Go light till you can live through a small batch. Keep a good attitude and most importantly find what works for you. Don't force yourself into a template when you can make a modification that would be awesome. You don't and won't kill every person you come up against and not everyone (once you are skilled at PVP) will kill you. *scoures her rusty armour*

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Think I gave up on the whole PvP thing when it became about who could spend the most money on equipment and little to do with skill. Plus Fel looks like a cheap Halloween fun house, lol.

Last edited:

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking as someone who now just spars with guildmates for fun... There is a certain fear to PVP that for me is akin to stage fright. With insurance, yes there is almost 0 risk of losing items. I more than appreciate someone taking the time to share certain basic things because someone doesn't always want to "join a guild" just to gain simple knowledge. Especially when already in a guild. If there is one recommendation I can make, find a friend and copy your chars over to the test center. Go to Felucca and have at it. Shake that fear, set up basic macro's. Don't carry 50 potions and 200 bandages. Go light till you can live through a small batch. Keep a good attitude and most importantly find what works for you. Don't force yourself into a template when you can make a modification that would be awesome. You don't and won't kill every person you come up against and not everyone (once you are skilled at PVP) will kill you. *scoures her rusty armour*
this is precisely the idea, I take the following item first aid:
25 enhanced bandages
10 greats health potions
5 great cure potions
3 enhanced apple
for quick attacks, if the fight will last longer, just doble the amount of items.
always make sure that the items that can be insured persons with sufficient funds to cover your insurance.
keep in mind that sooner or later you will die, this is natural; either by a better player than you, or you're alone against a group.
always remember: never carry much, will be as a Christmas present for your opponent if you die.:grin:

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think I gave up on the whole PvP thing when it became about who could spend the most money on equipment and little to do with skill. Plus Fel looks like a cheap Halloween fun house, lol.
Because PvM is so skill based?

Step 1) Make a Sampire
Step 1a (optional) Run a second acct/script with a bard.
Step 2) Endgame

Seriously, why have they not nerfed sampires yet? PVM has been one dimensional for years now.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Because PvM is so skill based?

Step 1) Make a Sampire
Step 1a (optional) Run a second acct/script with a bard.
Step 2) Endgame

Seriously, why have they not nerfed sampires yet? PVM has been one dimensional for years now.
Well the OP assumes we don't PvP cause we don't know how or something. I can make macros and hit 4 buttons and be a great PvPer also if I want to spend billions on equipment (which I don't). Nor do I have an interest in trash talking each other for hours after each little fight. Fights are rarely 1 vs 1 fights, usually boils down to whoever brings the most friends. And God forbid your a tamer, cause the insults will never stop, lol. I personally find many (not all) of the PvPers childish (and the mature ones seem to get dragged down into the mud with the rest at some point), and I'm not in the least bit interested in getting involved in the nonsense. I sit and listen to them bicker, spout unbelievable profanities, and often behave like they're 10 years old. And for the most part honestly don't care, but at the same time I have no intention of getting sucked into the drama, lol. The point isn't about what someone likes to do. The point is we do what we want, you do what you want and who cares. We're not asserting you don't PvM cause you don't know how, lol. It's absurd. If we want to start some PvP and PvM nerf thread that's a separate topic. My kid played this game when he was like 9 years old and it wasn't a perfect world. But I'd never allow him to play UO in it's current state with the language and topics I hear in chat. And it's rarely coming from the PvM community. I'd like to see UO start enforcing some common sense rules about this sort of thing. I'd say at least 50% of the parents out there if they saw some of the chat I see, their kids subscriptions are done. You rarely see that in the PvM community. I honestly don't have a problem with PvP as long as they do their own thing and don't negatively effect the game as a whole. But I also honestly feel it's a big negative on the game. It's a drain of dev resources for a tiny segment of the community, their chat conversations are often way over the top and there's no attempt by the staff to police it, and in general probably costs us a lot of subscriptions with younger and mature audiences. I'd love to see Fel chat be heard only in Fel and vice versa. That would go a long way. The problems with "trammies" pvping isn't that we don't know how. The major problems (if you consider it a problem of people not wanting to PvP) rests with the PvP community and the way they speak and behave, not that people don't know how to make macros. Well this should be interesting... lol. But I do get a little sick of hearing about it.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the OP assumes we don't PvP cause we don't know how or something. I can make macros and hit 4 buttons and be a great PvPer also if I want to spend billions on equipment (which I don't). Nor do I have an interest in trash talking each other for hours after each little fight. Fights are rarely 1 vs 1 fights, usually boils down to whoever brings the most friends. And God forbid your a tamer, cause the insults will never stop, lol. I personally find many (not all) of the PvPers childish (and the mature ones seem to get dragged down into the mud with the rest at some point), and I'm not in the least bit interested in getting involved in the nonsense. I sit and listen to them bicker, spout unbelievable profanities, and often behave like they're 10 years old. And for the most part honestly don't care, but at the same time I have no intention of getting sucked into the drama, lol. The point isn't about what someone likes to do. The point is we do what we want, you do what you want and who cares. We're not asserting you don't PvM cause you don't know how, lol. It's absurd. If we want to start some PvP and PvM nerf thread that's a separate topic. My kid played this game when he was like 9 years old and it wasn't a perfect world. But I'd never allow him to play UO in it's current state with the language and topics I hear in chat. And it's rarely coming from the PvM community. I'd like to see UO start enforcing some common sense rules about this sort of thing. I'd say at least 50% of the parents out there if they saw some of the chat I see, their kids subscriptions are done. You rarely see that in the PvM community. I honestly don't have a problem with PvP as long as they do their own thing and don't negatively effect the game as a whole. But I also honestly feel it's a big negative on the game. It's a drain of dev resources for a tiny segment of the community, their chat conversations are often way over the top and there's no attempt by the staff to police it, and in general probably costs us a lot of subscriptions with younger and mature audiences. I'd love to see Fel chat be heard only in Fel and vice versa. That would go a long way. The problems with "trammies" pvping isn't that we don't know how. The major problems (if you consider it a problem of people not wanting to PvP) rests with the PvP community and the way they speak and behave, not that people don't know how to make macros. Well this should be interesting... lol. But I do get a little sick of hearing about it.
1)Neither of your posts have anything to do with the thread.
2)You clearly have no experience with pvp. Spending billions on a suit won't do you much good when you don't know what you're doing and relying on 4 macros. Spending billions on a suit however will allow you to be a pro at pvm without using any macros.
3)Grow up, this game is rated teen and warns that online play can expose you to harmful content. I for one only cared about people saying bad words when...I was a child.

Ps. Nice wall of text. Thank god you don't partake in gen chat.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its really easy to make a competitive suit now for around 300mil or less depending on template. dont let cost turn you off from pvp.

myself, i really only mess around with pvp now because i just dont play as much or enjoy most the current crowd, however its still very rewarding and much more of a thrill than anything in pvm.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
1)Neither of your posts have anything to do with the thread.
2)You clearly have no experience with pvp. Spending billions on a suit won't do you much good when you don't know what you're doing and relying on 4 macros. Spending billions on a suit however will allow you to be a pro at pvm without using any macros.
3)Grow up, this game is rated teen and warns that online play can expose you to harmful content. I for one only cared about people saying bad words when...I was a child.

Ps. Nice wall of text. Thank god you don't partake in gen chat.
My post is entirely relevant and was in response to a post made concerning me. I would explain my post to you but you seem to have difficulty comprehending. If I were to explain my post to you it would require you to read and think about it, and you seem resistive to that. Well *maybe* I can make it simple. 1. Post entirely relevant and in response to another post. 2. Been here off and on since beta. I know all I need to know about PvP. I speak the well known truth. 3. I'm grown up. Would be nice to not be running off a ton of subscribers because of people who are clearly breaking the game rules. Simple as I can go for ya. Have a nice day.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
its really easy to make a competitive suit now for around 300mil or less depending on template. dont let cost turn you off from pvp.

myself, i really only mess around with pvp now because i just dont play as much or enjoy most the current crowd, however its still very rewarding and much more of a thrill than anything in pvm.
Well it's the "thrill" for some that makes it attractive... to some. In my opinion PvP has been a horrible broken mess since day one and no one has ever gotten a grip on it. Based on what I've seen in other games I could easily fix it. But that doesn't mean there will still be all that many that are interested.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No offense Capt. but it is quite obvious that you do not pvp so you really should not be commenting on the specifics of it.
You are kind of embarrassing yourself.
You are a sensitive chap and have issues with gen chat and explicit words. We all get it lol but it has nothing to do with the actual skill and mechanics of pvp.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think the first part of your post summed it up pretty well. At least on my shard. 2 minutes of fight, and then 2 hours of "I'm better, NO, I'M better. *&^&^ you, %^% &*(* $^%^ (%^$ you hack, NO YOU hack noob. ^%$%you..." You get the gist. I think it would be awesome if they had their own PvP channel. But I guess then they wouldn't have a captive audience to "hear" their tirades. :) Yes they DO act like little kids. Not all, but a VERY LARGE majority do. My guess, they are trying real hard to prove themselves IN GAME, because perhaps they are lacking something in RL. Again, just a guess.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me, the coordination with other human beings as well as the implementation of strategy, tactics and teamwork against other human beings is one of the most rewarding and thrilling experiences in UO. There was indeed a time where I did not pvp and I chose my excuse to be the itemization/speed hack/scripting arguments as my reasoning. Only when I actually decided to get back out there did I realize that to a large extent, those arguments are mute. Teamwork can and does defeat any scripter or speedhacker. You must have the flat out desire to do it in order to do it. There have been lots of people who were on the fence about pvp until they actually tried it.

As far as the pvp smack talk in gen chat, no one is forcing anyone to partake in it. Just don't do it. If you don't pvp and are still listening to gen chat anyways then I suppose you may as well pvp and listen to it then too. We can't use gen chat as an excuse to not pvp if we are still watching it on our sampires and role players. It is the individual who chooses whether or not to act like a 12 yea old kid. In my experience, it's the trammies who are sort of only half-way into pvp that make the worst offenders. They finally get a kill shot in and they get all giddy with excitement and the human gene that implores ourselves to talk smack kicks in.... and many of those who have been trash talked themselves begin doing it themselves.

Point is, you have to have the desire and urge to pvp in order to do it. Some people can. Some people can't. Others can but are too afraid to try.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
To me, the coordination with other human beings as well as the implementation of strategy, tactics and teamwork against other human beings is one of the most rewarding and thrilling experiences in UO. There was indeed a time where I did not pvp and I chose my excuse to be the itemization/speed hack/scripting arguments as my reasoning. Only when I actually decided to get back out there did I realize that to a large extent, those arguments are mute. Teamwork can and does defeat any scripter or speedhacker. You must have the flat out desire to do it in order to do it. There have been lots of people who were on the fence about pvp until they actually tried it.

As far as the pvp smack talk in gen chat, no one is forcing anyone to partake in it. Just don't do it. If you don't pvp and are still listening to gen chat anyways then I suppose you may as well pvp and listen to it then too. We can't use gen chat as an excuse to not pvp if we are still watching it on our sampires and role players. It is the individual who chooses whether or not to act like a 12 yea old kid. In my experience, it's the trammies who are sort of only half-way into pvp that make the worst offenders. They finally get a kill shot in and they get all giddy with excitement and the human gene that implores ourselves to talk smack kicks in.... and many of those who have been trash talked themselves begin doing it themselves.

Point is, you have to have the desire and urge to pvp in order to do it. Some people can. Some people can't. Others can but are too afraid to try.
Yes.... the "trammies" ruined PvP lol. Classic... and you forgot... Some people could careless especially with the immature attitude of many in the PvP community. Honestly you think people are "afraid" to lose 5K insurance? That's all ya got? lol

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm gonna make a stealth archer tamer mystic thrower...oh yeah, with bushido too!

Nah just being a wiseguy, I personally like the OP's approach to recruiting for pvp. At least he cared enough to take a shot at it, and not the usual "U Trammiez Don PvP Cuz Ya All A Buncha Lil Chiken ****z" approach used by most.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not embarrassing myself at all. Just stating facts. There's a way I talk to my buddies at work and at the bar and a way I talk to my mother. This my be a difficult concept for you to handle. Lets try an experiment. Next time you get pulled over call the cop an *ssh*le and tell him to grow up cause everyone's an adult and heard the word before. Or stand up in the middle of church and say "Amen! God r*p*d that f*ck*ng Satan!". Please report back to me. Normal un-brain damaged people realize there's a certain way to behave in society. Those who can't grasp the concept should have the TOS rules enforced till they are all gone or at least modify their behavior. As far as specifics go... anyone playing knows I'm just telling it the way it is. Tired of loosing subscribers over the behavior of a group of immature children regardless of their actual age. The mechanics of PvP are a horrible mess, it will never work until UO honestly decides to get a grip on it. Could be easily fixed. UO dangling a bigger and bigger apple to try to lure people to Fel clearly doesn't work. It's just a new system that a couple people sneak around and do at 3 AM when no one is around. Mt simple steps to fix PvP doesn't mean it would make PvP anymore popular cause most don't need to "kill" other player to give their ego a boost or make themselves feel superior in some way. I would spell it out but who even cares about it? Why bother. I loved PvP in a role play sense, but not much of that going on anymore. Get the Orcs to come back and such and that would be fun.
Um...UO isn't the real world and if you think UO is losing subscribers due to the bad words being spewed by pvpers then I suspect you're really out of touch with reality.

UO's loss of popularity couldn't have anything to do with bad graphics, rampant and obvious scripting, an out of whack economy, a lack of new content, a lack of dev communication with the the community, a lack of official website, a lack of in-game support, one-dimensional pvming, etc.

If you're biggest gripe is smack talk, go play an actually popular mmorpg or other online game (UO is sooooo tame compared to most anything else out there).

I agree though, PvP in UO could be easily fixed....if the devs didn't take the word of stratics posters such as yourself who claim to know what PvP is. Just about every dedicated PvPer had said the VvV was unappealing, lacking incentive, and was poorly conceived. Who would've thought that a stratics-based pvp group would miss the point of pvp....

In short: this game has been run into the ground by a bunch of 40+ year old addicts who are largely out of touch with gaming today and are simply into pixels, deco, and the endless circle-jerk that is stratics.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However VvV has kept interested enough with the hopes it'll be fixed that I have not to Canceled my accounts so I guess that's a plus

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.... the "trammies" ruined PvP lol. Classic... and you forgot... Some people could careless especially with the immature attitude of many in the PvP community. Honestly you think people are "afraid" to lose 5K insurance? That's all ya got? lol
Umm, no? That's not even what I said. I re-read my quote and I don't see anywhere where I said that trammies ruined pvp. And in regards to your question: No they arnt afraid to lose 5k insurance, but many ARE afraid to let their ego take a hit on the chance they get killed by another player.

Also, I do have plenty more, I just didn't have time to write a wall of text from work is all.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well I think that anyone who has sensitive ears, you should not walk much in the streets in real life ... of course I'm not in favor of words offensive sense.
I said at the beginning of the post on the tongue more than a few sharp players.
I have two currently active accounts, with an almost exclusive to pvp, and other exclusive to pvm;
I need to say something about the two ways of enjoying uo:
1 -
try to get the four keys to fight Medusa, and call others for general chat, see how many answer the call, or try any other legendary boss
count how many people answer the call.
I learned not to fight with Medusa; but what I learned was that occasionally "someone" modifies the response time of these leaders; making them more difficult for a while, that is my struggle is not against artificial intelligence; but how long it will take until the timing is updated!

2-
pvp is not fair ... I know you have to deal with people who have more experience if you.
is an expensive system; do not try, do not even think that you will do well with a gear, pvm ... you will not get!
is what I have seen happen again and again, unfortunately ... and it will be one to criticize the pvp system!
this is the real reason why I started this thread. :flame:

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not embarrassing myself at all. Just stating facts. There's a way I talk to my buddies at work and at the bar and a way I talk to my mother. This my be a difficult concept for you to handle. Lets try an experiment. Next time you get pulled over call the cop an *ssh*le and tell him to grow up cause everyone's an adult and heard the word before. Or stand up in the middle of church and say "Amen! God r*p*d that f*ck*ng Satan!". Please report back to me. Normal un-brain damaged people realize there's a certain way to behave in society. Those who can't grasp the concept should have the TOS rules enforced till they are all gone or at least modify their behavior. As far as specifics go... anyone playing knows I'm just telling it the way it is. Tired of loosing subscribers over the behavior of a group of immature children regardless of their actual age. The mechanics of PvP are a horrible mess, it will never work until UO honestly decides to get a grip on it. Could be easily fixed. UO dangling a bigger and bigger apple to try to lure people to Fel clearly doesn't work. It's just a new system that a couple people sneak around and do at 3 AM when no one is around. Mt simple steps to fix PvP doesn't mean it would make PvP anymore popular cause most don't need to "kill" other player to give their ego a boost or make themselves feel superior in some way. I would spell it out but who even cares about it? Why bother. I loved PvP in a role play sense, but not much of that going on anymore. Get the Orcs to come back and such and that would be fun.
Like.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I guess it's unrealistic to ask others to use clean language in a game we all know has children playing. Even if it violates the TOS. Forgive me. But realize that most of us upon hearing it have images of 11 year old immature basement dwellers. Done with this thread as I actually have a hard time caring about the PvP system. It's failure rests with the people that use it, not the developers. So they brought it upon themselves. It could be easily fixed, but I'm not inclined to do PvPers any favors with my insight. It would just draw a bunch on people into PvP and thus corrupt them to behave immaturely. ;)

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't care about the harsh language, I'm just tired of hearing the same half-dozen psychos rant and rant day after day like anyone gives even one tiny fraction of a **** about any of it. "What's this? Stabface in chat says that PwnsAlot only killed him via ganking! That means that Stabface is a stalwart hero while PwnsAlot has no E-honor! Let us remember this important event so that their reputations follow them forever!" SAID NO ONE EVER. Dump that **** in a separate Fel channel so the rest of us don't have to either sit through it or go sit in Help chat with the spambots.

Also, UO is the only MMO I've played where I don't do PVP, because UO PVP is basically garbage. Poorly designed, poorly incentivized, barely participated in, overrun with cheating, with astronomical gear requirements, and clunky as hell on its best day. Even WoW PVP ****s all over it, much less the gigantic wars in EVE.