• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] pvp focus mage

sirdiealot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i know u all will say it will be useless template but is there any points putting focus on a pure mage except mana and stamina?i mean can you survive in pvp with 120 magery 120 resisting spells 120 eval int 120 med 120 wrestle 120 focus template.can it have options on nuking big spells?i created this thread cos couldnt find any topics about pvp mage with focus only focus as sub skill without mysticism.
thx

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you are adding mysticism from items , then you don't gain any nuking ability. If you want nuking with big spell damage, then drop focus skill so that you can be a pure/focused mage. A pure focused mage wouldnt have any bard/mysticism/necromancy/taming/chivalry skills or their associated skills (focus/spirit speak etc).
This would raise your PvP SDI cap from 15 to 30.
Throw in a spell focusing sash and you can get that to 50 effective SDI when fully tuned, (60 if you have inscribe) (75 if you have a bard buffing you)

Thats where your nuke comes in.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you are adding mysticism from items , then you don't gain any nuking ability. If you want nuking with big spell damage, then drop focus skill so that you can be a pure/focused mage. A pure focused mage wouldnt have any bard/mysticism/necromancy/taming/chivalry skills or their associated skills (focus/spirit speak etc).
This would raise your PvP SDI cap from 15 to 30.
Throw in a spell focusing sash and you can get that to 50 effective SDI when fully tuned, (60 if you have inscribe) (75 if you have a bard buffing you)

Thats where your nuke comes in.

Pure 30 + 10 SDI Scribe , The sash starts at - 20% then scales to +20%, thus giving you an average of +20 to +60. I am not sure what would be best in a pvp setting, with or without the sash. Could one warm up the sash prior to PvP combat?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't exactly warm it up since it resets by target, but since you know when it hits cap and the tool tip lets you know the level, you can start hitting flame strike at 16%.. For the PvP situation it really depends on the fight, it benefits when you can stick to one target, but it also raises quickly enough past the negative phase (about 5 spells) that you can get used to incorporating it in your regular play. It does however take out your potential to do damage as soon as you start fighting.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I have at the moment with the intention of buying 120 PS,

Mage 100
Eval int 100
Med 100
Resist 100
Focus 100
Anat 44.7 (as i read on another post that it helps with defense) want 100 or 120

I thought about dropping Anat for spellweave, would this work? or what am I missing??

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
having a pure mage lets you cap sdi at 30% on items.. helps. in a pvp situation