• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Fight Club (EM Event) Sunday July 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really wish I could make this one! But I'm going on a float trip instead... Someone make sure to take pics!

A

Archon007

The rules are even worse this time. Parry bush DP dexxor for the win.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
144 months of having my main character of SixUnder with a weapon in his hand, countless tournaments of the years i have won and participated in. But this has to be the wierdest rules for a tournament for a warrior that i have ever seen. Hopefully whoever is sponsoring this thing will change the rules and requirements for warriors to balance it out or remove it from the event totally. no way can you call the way it is set a viable way to determine any skill what so ever.

oh ya you forgot to mention ward removal in all 3 events.

S

Skullcollector

We have been asking for opinions for over three weeks on how the rules should go. If you don’t like the rules then why didn’t you post your opinions then? Everyone that reads these posts had a chance to put in their opinions and now that they have made rules you are crying about it! Either your going to compete or your not, please save the crying for the pvp thread or for people who care. You had your chance for input! If you want change then post your ideas on how they should go in the future, I would personally like to see what you two have in mind and will be looking for your posts on this matter…

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=144059

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great! Count me in I will be there.

As a side note as it doesnt state in there no firehorns looks like ill have an advantage!

:D

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first off i dont get on here, stratics i post pictures after big fights or huge solo fights, i have tons on sonoma just havent felt the need to post them yet. so i havent seen this thread to see sh&t so sorry if you think im whining i whine to no one, specifaclly not on this wink a dink shard. i dont get to play like i have in years past but i do get to play from time to time now that im getting a schedule with the baby we just had. anyhow.. as for the tournament...

combatant rules...
class 3 dexer melee/archer
no summons
no pots, orange petals or enhanced apples
no disarm-ABSOLUTLY NO DISARM.
no mounts
no holy light
no faction bandaids
no magery or necro
no spellweaving
no ninja stars or shurikens
no ward removal
no fire horns
no poisoning with or with or without skill

all special allowed except nox.

this is a basic template i have fought in tournaments since aos came out. before that it was the same way from say pub 8 to pub 16. and back then the guy who had 80 weapon skill usually won,lol, you can heal you can use your moves but you have to manage your mana, be able to defend and it forces you to be tactical in combat. eliminates all gimpness.

**the only thing i would consider IF you want to allow pots, such as refresh, heal, cure, strength, and agility only. and only this if you allowed the competition to contain poisoning and only if you HAVE the skill. if you went that way i would allow pots.

**everything listed above in the top of my post is stuff to gimp out or make your character more flexible in the field. and is not part of a true warrior fight.

I hope to participate, i am working 12 hour days onday shift and i have a new baby so through the week im screwed, but we will see what i can do...if i do I will transfer SixUnder here for it if i am in it. To me playing a archer in it is a disgrace to the warrior class.

SixUnder

S

Skullcollector

first off i dont get on here, stratics i post pictures after big fights or huge solo fights, i have tons on sonoma just havent felt the need to post them yet. so i havent seen this thread to see sh&t so sorry if you think im whining i whine to no one, specifaclly not on this wink a dink shard. i dont get to play like i have in years past but i do get to play from time to time now that im getting a schedule with the baby we just had.
Sorry Six, I didn’t mean to come off so strong but I wanted more to help giving ideas with the rules than we got is all. I never play a dexer in pvp or pvm so that class was not put together with experience. I play an archer or necro mage in pvp so that’s where my experience is. They will be changing the rules every fight night so your rule set will be in one soon im sure. We will have some fight nights that might be very strange until we find out what people like doing and most want. So any more ideas would be great!!

M

Madchild

my only problem with the rules is the no disarm ...

i know its over used but think about it

a 120 fencer with 120 parry max dci and hci with hla and hld on his/her weapons
with 120 tact and 120 anat and GM healing

against a macer of the same

what happens with no disarm ?

one swing out of 10 lands bandaids are hardly needed you can almost regen in the gap

make it like bleed a 4 use that way you can find out who is too lazy to set a use last macro lol they will burn thru their bleed and disarms in 20 sec .

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will not be there...but dualing on a dexer requires very little skill...if I did show up I would duel on my mage. I know for a fact I would not win, but atleast would be a bit more challenging. Dexers is all gear and how the RNG likes you....Im sure that either Six or Whoa will take the title though as I wont be there! :p

W

WooWoo

they won't if i have anything to say about it DS lol... its all about how you play the rules ;)

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this whole tournament was one big joke.

come play with daddy.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone post the winners. I know who won one of the classes and I think I know who came in second, but the other 2 classes I missed the winners due to getting attacked. I assume those that were banned for attacking people in the stands will be banned for the next event or two if there will be anymore?

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whoa won the dexer fight

i was told that, i dont know anything else. i wanted to play in it but didnt get there till the end:/

M

Madchild

we all slept nice having watched KMS kill all the Em's set him against .

even if all but 3 of us watched from ghost form ..we agreed to play nice in the stands and not fight even as cheap shots fell like rain .

as we took bans for talking that seemed instant it took the event mods up to 30 mins to ban or kick those attempting to start a riot .

watch next they will try to redo the house and set up 4 cages 1 cop/mofo cage 1 scam cage 1 com cage and a tram cage . just to keep the euro football riots from starting .

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously what in the world happened this time?

I was unable to attend for some reason I thought it was later in the day (like it ussualy is).

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Houdini Of Thugs won the Pure mage event,

I dont think anything else matters

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I gathered since I didn't get to enjoy watching some of the fights due to being attacked, and the announcement of winners was a little rushed due to the EM's having to control other events that shouldn't have been happening.

Class I pure mage: Winner was Houdini of Thugs and second place I'm not sure of.
Class II mixed mage/necro/chiv: Winner was KMS and Houdini of Thugs was second (great fight)
Class III Dexxor: Winner was Tek and second place I'm not sure of.

If someone could confirm and/or correct this, it would be appriciated.

S

Skullcollector

Well this event was on a very bad weekend for me. I had family and friends over all weekend. I did leave my character at the event hoping I could play between flipping burgers but guess not. I was able to watch a few times for a minute or two and what I seen was nothing but crap talk in the stands. I herd scam was killing people in the stands so they got banned. They made the choice to attack so they will have to live with the ban.

On the other hand with all the crap talk that was going on in the stands I would say it was provoked. If your going to trash talk me and the rules say no one is allowed to attack anyone but the crap talk is ok, I am killing people to and if I get banned I just wont attend since the crap talk is what is offending to me. If your not a good pvper and your trash talking a pvper in front of their face and you think a “rule” will protect you…

If they want these events to get better and progress into something everyone will like they need to fix a few more things. First make it where no one can talk openly in the stands or cast spells. If that’s not possible make the same rule for crap talk as attacking, ban them. If you can’t stop the crap talk, you will NOT stop the attacks. One leads to the other and everyone knows it. Some crap talk JUST to get a reaction and get someone else banned for attacking them.

And I know they said its not possible but again I think it’s the only way is to get GM support on these events. Jail offenders instead of ban them. If you break the rules you don’t just get banned from the event but you will ALSO spend 24 (logged in) hours in a jail cell. Make it where they cant just log off and tomorrow log back in and be out of jail, they must be logged in that char for 24 hours like removing stat loss. Make some rules with TEETH. The “ban” just means they will try harder next time to disrupt the tournament since they are already banned. If the punishment was much more sever for disrupting EM ran events, I doubt ANYONE would break the rules.

Im sorry to see the event get crashed again and I wish I could help more control these types of things but I cant. Congrats to Houdini, KMS and Whoa for the wins in their classes. One last thing don’t make these events on holiday weekends!!! Some of us have family and friends who are always trying to make reasons (any holiday) to get together and drink…

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Provoked my rear-end. If you were on a faction char and orange to any Scam, you were attacked. It didn't matter if you were flying a COP tag or were in TB or COM, and it didn't matter if you said anything or not. I was killed two or three times and I never said a word to SCAM. I ended up having to rez Houdini since I knew darn well that no one in SCAM would rez him since they were the ones that killed him in the first place. I was just shocked that someone didn't yell out "look there is a grey COP, he must have attacked someone so ban him". As far as the trash talk, the majority was coming from people from one guild as people in the other guild were too busy trying to tell the EM's what chars were attacking their guildmates. The sad thing was that GM's of both guilds were there. One showed class and told his guildmembers to not attack or fight back if attacked and let the EM's handle the situation. The other GM was in the first group to get banned and did nothing to stop the fighting in the stands, or in the area outside the arena, or even to stop his members from throwing explosion pots on the ledges where people were sitting, and even when his members were casting poison field into the arena from the outside.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One showed class and told his guildmembers to not attack or fight back if attacked and let the EM's handle the situation. The other GM was in the first group to get banned and did nothing to stop the fighting in the stands, or in the area outside the arena, or even to stop his members from throwing explosion pots on the ledges where people were sitting, and even when his members were casting poison field into the arena from the outside.
Umm... How are you suprised that Worm didn't tell us to stop attacking... LoL.. he was in VENT Calling targets and FS ganks on people sitting in the stands. Granted only a few were listening to him bc some of us wanted to participate in the dueling... Worm isn't known for his patience & when it's all said said & done I got to stand around for 2.5 hours watching the EM's do nothing and had only 1 pure mage fight vs Azureous ( I lost)... In retrospect I think 2.5 hours of killing people & whatnot would have been much more fun.. Isn't that why we all play this game?? bc it's fun ? On a side note the EM's don't have a clue.... They tried to change the rules of the dexxer fight so that no forms were allowed (I pointed out that the rules were the rules etc.. and he allowed the forms) I also gave them the bright idea of Forensic Eval.. so they could at least SEE who was getting the kill shots.. Other than that you could tell They were simply trying to watch their journal for the "is attacking so and so" msg... was funny watching people spam a bit right after a death to cover the tracks lol...

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Umm... How are you suprised that Worm didn't tell us to stop attacking... LoL.. he was in VENT Calling targets and FS ganks on people sitting in the stands. Granted only a few were listening to him bc some of us wanted to participate in the dueling... Worm isn't known for his patience & when it's all said said & done I got to stand around for 2.5 hours watching the EM's do nothing and had only 1 pure mage fight vs Azureous ( I lost)... In retrospect I think 2.5 hours of killing people & whatnot would have been much more fun.. Isn't that why we all play this game?? bc it's fun ? On a side note the EM's don't have a clue.... They tried to change the rules of the dexxer fight so that no forms were allowed (I pointed out that the rules were the rules etc.. and he allowed the forms) I also gave them the bright idea of Forensic Eval.. so they could at least SEE who was getting the kill shots.. Other than that you could tell They were simply trying to watch their journal for the "is attacking so and so" msg... was funny watching people spam a bit right after a death to cover the tracks lol...

Who really cares about a Dexxer fight honestly? the dexxer section was horrible. everyone of those dexxers had no clue on what was happening...

thelightwither

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Houdini Of Thugs won the Pure mage event,

I dont think anything else matters
It's simple Houdini Of Thugs was the best PvPer at the event. Granted KMS did when and even know it was legit according to the rules. He pretty much just spammed blood oath and strangle. Also before the no healing Houdini Of Thugs had KMS red lined more than KMS had Houdini Of Thugs red lined. Houdini Of Thugs was the true absolute winner of the event. Argue if you want, but it's obvious.

D

DJ Diddles

It's simple Houdini Of Thugs was the best PvPer at the event. Granted KMS did when and even know it was legit according to the rules. He pretty much just spammed blood oath and strangle. Also before the no healing Houdini Of Thugs had KMS red lined more than KMS had Houdini Of Thugs red lined. Houdini Of Thugs was the true absolute winner of the event. Argue if you want, but it's obvious.
I agree.

That fight was epic, and lasted much longer than I thought it would have been, but if there was no blood oath or strangle in the no healing match, Houdini would have won easily.

Also, SCAM was a bunch of DB's as usual killing everyone for no apparent reason.

M

Madchild

i hate to sound like im backing scam but it wasnt for no reason

they killed mainly faction chars

a weak reason but a reason none de less

cheap very cheap they claim to like a good fight and they got none there

the event would have gone a lot smoother if the EM's didnt have to try n be cops or if they could multi task :p

S

Skullcollector

Also, SCAM was a bunch of DB's as usual killing everyone for no apparent reason.
I dont remember doing that... Whoa didnt do that because he won the dexer class...In fact many scam didnt attack anyone at this event or the last one...

thelightwither

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont remember doing that... Whoa didnt do that because he won the dexer class...In fact many scam didnt attack anyone at this event or the last one...
See this is why I hate this shard, because people are so delusional... more scam attacked people than those scam who didn't attack. That is bluntly obvious anyone arguing other wise is an absolute idiot. Sonoma PvPers live in a dream world. wake up

D

DJ Diddles

Yeah seriously.

Excluding KMS, Ruffles, and Stormy Winters SCAM attacked/killed atleast 10 other people just watching. And Whoa did attack too, it doesn't mean anything that he won, he still attacked.

And Skull, how on Earth would you know? Didn't you say you weren't there?

M

Madchild

Yeah seriously.

Excluding KMS, Ruffles, and Stormy Winters SCAM attacked/killed atleast 10 other people just watching. And Whoa did attack too, it doesn't mean anything that he won, he still attacked.

And Skull, how on Earth would you know? Didn't you say you weren't there?
why exclude KMS and Ruffles KMS was ganked and had to wait out the stat loss
ruffles was killed and then res killed at least 5 times .

anyway it proved that nothing has changed
the top dexer is the same KMS and houdini are still top mages

and harry is still all talk and has yet to back it up

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why exclude KMS and Ruffles KMS was ganked and had to wait out the stat loss
ruffles was killed and then res killed at least 5 times .

anyway it proved that nothing has changed
the top dexer is the same KMS and houdini are still top mages

and harry is still all talk and has yet to back it up
how can you say that when there was 2 dexers that participated and like 4 mages?

myself along with tons of others couldnt be in it on a sunday afternoon. we gots families bro.

M

Madchild

yes thats true people do have lives but thats a "what if "

and what ifs dont change the out come i work nights and with it on a sunday i was lucky to catch the end of it was having trouble sleeping .

anyway it was good and all to see these classes set up and with a lil tweaking i see em staying in compition.

but what i wanna see is these fight nights 1 time a month and every 6 months have a open tourny with pots and all spells all abilities dex vs mage or how ever it falls i wanna see a top dog .
and i want it set with the "no rules" theme cuz face it on the feild if you happen to get a 1 on 1 is the pure none pot mage gonna win ? the classes are good but not realistic .

H

harrypotted III

I can and have beaten every mage on this shard in a duel. Including an undefeated record against kms.

M

Madchild

prove it !!

with out your gimped out heal lackies

you had your chance its no ones fault but your own that you blew it .

your all talk now, KMS and Houdini both showed both won .

you have done ???????? ahhhhh NOTHING BUT TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.