• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) PvP - Color War Academy (In Concept)

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello - looking for a few dedicated people to help run a routine/recurring PvP-style event. The following is only a "rough" draft, obviously I am not an expert PvP'er and would like some help/advice and critiques. Ideally, I would like a committee of three more people (PM if interested) to help fine-tune and run this event with me. *Must be able to commit to attending.

*This event is open to all, please look past old grudges. Even if you have no pvp experience, if you can throw a heal you may be of help to your team. I have hopes this could be a lot of fun and attract players as well as improve overall interest in PvP outside of the event. Maybe try a template you haven't before or treat it as a learning experience for when you encounter battles outside of the event. Mainly, just come with a positive attitude.

Basing this off both the old Brit-Cemetary Wars as well as from an "other" shard not mention-able that I have played.

This is picture from Siege here using stand-ins (thanks to those who helped).

In Concept - RULES/RESTRICTIONS
* Of course, these are just my initial thoughts, need committee to help fine-tune, revise and prevent flaws.

• Participants come with ONLY their favorite spell book, weapon and/or shield of choice (recommended to Siege bless the item). Participants will be snooped as checkpoint.
  • Random-colored robe assigned by Steward/Order of Entry (would like there to be 4 teams (Red, Green, Yellow, Blue (Helpers in White Robes)), but may need to start with only 2 depending on number of participants). So the teams will always be changing, just luck of the draw.
    • Faction-players: Will be auto-assigned to same team to prevent conflicts
    • If too many end up on one team because of factions, will randomly distribute others as best as can be.
  • Suits will be distributed based on what type you declare (either magic based or warrior based). Currently thinking you will be given either the clean-up sorcerer suit or the clean-up knight suit along with appropriate rings/bracelets. Hope to re-collect these at end for the next event.
  • Pots/Petals/Apples/Bottles/Arrows all in containers at colored area/station
  • Giving kill counts will result in ban from the event.
  • Sorry, no pets allowed. Also, no change of form (might hurt necros here, but won't be able to see robe/determine team)
  • Helpers/Volunteers will be using detect hidden (since in house will reveal all to prevent hiding) and watch for any infractions such as players killing their own team. Also provide resurrections.

Overview of the arena/battleground:

Event Rewards - Help your town's treasury. Governors - with the evil spreading, you need to arm your citizens and prepare them for battle, what better way than here.

Winning Team - Each member of the winning team wins x amount (TBD) of gold towards town of their choice. Will be deposited into stone after the event - depending on popularity/speed might be able to do multiple runs at a time.

EXAMPLE: Let's say the amount is 100k per member and Blue Team Wins (Three Members)
Two Members Are Citizens of Britain - Britain Gets 200k deposited
One Member is Trinsic - Trinsic Gets 100k deposited

* Event funding TBD - probably mixture of special vendor sales and donations.

As I said - this is just "In Concept", but I really want to work hard to get it going. If you share a passion for an event like this, please help me and we will work together regardless of your affiliation. Would like to video it, if we get a good turnout, and use as an enticement to other players.

*I would like to buy heritage tokens/ladders yet to finish the arena. Also looking for Ankh of Sacrifice. Will take these items on loan as well and return after event if you do not wish to sell.

Thanks,
Holden

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its a good idea holden. I have to ask this, I most pvp targets are usually called. is there going to be a vent server involved for the colored teams. also you get kicked out of a house when you agro so I would think this would have to be set in a boundary maked area in fel or in the areana.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its a good idea holden. I have to ask this, I most pvp targets are usually called. is there going to be a vent server involved for the colored teams. also you get kicked out of a house when you agro so I would think this would have to be set in a boundary maked area in fel or in the areana.
Hey Igg - thanks, it appears the house/aggro thing was changed/fixed in a patch as it doesn't seem to happen in the tests I tried. I tried with public house/non-friend of house and private house (friend of house).

Will try to get a vent server setup. Perhaps a guild or someone with one will help with that, else may need to just bite the bullet and get one. Would definitely be nice to have as you mention.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Igg - thanks, it appears the house/aggro thing was changed/fixed in a patch as it doesn't seem to happen in the tests I tried. I tried with public house/non-friend of house and private house (friend of house).

Will try to get a vent server setup. Perhaps a guild or someone with one will help with that, else may need to just bite the bullet and get one. Would definitely be nice to have as you mention.
kool! yeah I think it will help out a lot to get this thing up and running.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Giving kill counts will result in ban from the event."

This might be hard to supervise. If someone wants to be a d*** and get someone else banned, they can just say that XYZ gave them a count.
I guess the only time you can know for sure is if someone goes red during an event.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Giving kill counts will result in ban from the event."

This might be hard to supervise. If someone wants to be a d*** and get someone else banned, they can just say that XYZ gave them a count.
I guess the only time you can know for sure is if someone goes red during an event.
Good Point, yes definitely cannot ban just because someone said someone else gave them a count, unless can somehow prove. Hopefully it won't become an issue, else might have to make everyone flag gray (something along those lines). Or start a pardon collection hehe.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Progress Update - appears there is enough interest to get this going. (Although have not heard from anyone in PM to help run it, but we can still move forward).

Completed Tasks List:
  • Arena with Ladders (Complete)
  • Plenty of stock of POTS/PETALS, APPLES, ARROWS, BOLTS and BANDAGES (Am I leaving out anything?)
  • Suits - Have Plenty of Sorcerer and Knight Suits *Advice still needed
  • Vent Server - Now Available (Thanks for the suggestion Igg) - won't be a requirement, but even if you can just log in to listen to targets that will be good.

Still Needing: Items/Recommendations With
  • Suit Advice (trying to keep very uncomplicated)
    • Possible Alternative: Start a collection of all that Brittle (non-repairable) gear that gets unraveled, upon entry you will just gear up with the best random pieces you can find. Would need chests full.
    • Planning to imbue sets of HCI/DCI and 1/3, but needing suggestions for cheapest, yet balanced.
  • Ankh's of Sacrifice - Would love to get 4 of these to put one at each station if anyone wishes to sell/or trade for other vet rewards, let me know. This is just a wish - not an absolute necessity.
  • White Robe Volunteers - If you do not want to participate at all in the fighting (please do not let a fear of not being a pvp'er stop you), but we do need at least one volunteer to sort of oversee things and rez (especially if I do not get any ankhs). Also collect suits and verify turn-ins before people leave.

I think we are close - we can probably start running this within the next week or two. Would like to choose a weekend time to accommodate most people and then, depending on popularity, also hold on weekday evening. If we find something needs adjusting/fixing we can work on that after a few runs.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not wanting to argue about rules or balance here, since this is an event where the community does profit from, no matter if you win or lose. However, i cant resist pointing out that in terms of mods, the scout armor set is the more even counterpart of the sorcerer's set. Knights armor has the advantage of 12 hp and 10 hci over sorcerer armor.

But,really nice idea to raise some funds for the towns, because it doesnt really matter who does win.

Agra-Lem

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not wanting to argue about rules or balance here, since this is an event where the community does profit from, no matter if you win or lose. However, i cant resist pointing out that in terms of mods, the scout armor set is the more even counterpart of the sorcerer's set. Knights armor has the advantage of 12 hp and 10 hci over sorcerer armor.

But,really nice idea to raise some funds for the towns, because it doesnt really matter who does win.

Agra-Lem
Thanks Agra-Lem, that's exactly the kind of advice I need. Will look into adjusting that/balancing it out. Appreciate it.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Which are the best times for this and how regular? I will participate each week if I can, either on a team or just helping out by providing supplies and support. Also I'll go to other shards and try to promote this while also recruiting players from other shards.

So you're going to have a knight template suit, dexxer template suit, and sorcerer template suit? Three suit styles? And these suits will be supplied to the different teams? We bring our own skillsets to the game correct?

What's the best times of the week that caters to the most amount of players? Weekends, sunday? My problem is that I work all weekend. So my odd schedule may prevent me from participating.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which are the best times for this and how regular? I will participate each week if I can, either on a team or just helping out by providing supplies and support. Also I'll go to other shards and try to promote this while also recruiting players from other shards.

So you're going to have a knight template suit, dexxer template suit, and sorcerer template suit? Three suit styles? And these suits will be supplied to the different teams? We bring our own skillsets to the game correct?

What's the best times of the week that caters to the most amount of players? Weekends, sunday? My problem is that I work all weekend. So my odd schedule may prevent me from participating.
Thanks Apollyon - appreciate the enthusiasm. Will try to post an exact schedule for us to give it a go soon. Likely a Sunday time (without interfering with other events) and Thursday evening as a launch. We can scale it back if it starts off slow, but weekly or bi-weekly would be ideal.

Yes - bring any skills you want, but come with just favorite weapon/shield/spellbook. Don't wear armor or have stuff in your pack (snooping will take place to verify).

Everything else will be provided. Suits - likely just two choices (Sorcerer or Scout *thanks Agra-Lem for advice). Will try to post final details soon.

*P.S. For those who missed it, the King announced yesterday at the Governor's meeting the future formation of the "King's Guard". Come hone your skills here!