• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Attack Sequence

Spart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
OK, so since my characters template was so outdated I've been pretty much just getting that straightened out, and working an Imbuer so once template is good I can get a mage suit together, so I haven't really got out and fought anything yet because I wouldn't be able to get a good idea on damage done until template is done. I ended up dropping Swords and Tactics on my Mage and replacing with Inscription and Anatomy which is almost done. Now I'm sorting out macros etc, so was wondering if someone could tell me what the basic PvP Mage offensive attack sequence is these days? I'm sure spells have changed more than a few times over the last 10-12 years. The normal attack then was something like Magic Arrow first, in case Magic Reflect was applied to the target, then Flamestrike immediately followed by a fast Energy Bolt. If someone could give me an idea what's the norm now days, and possibly what other offensive spells are commonly used I'd really appreciate it. Still have a ways to go before I'm ready but making good progress. Sure is hard not to get in on the action while working skills and seeing the trash talk in General chat, lol.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What profession is the player you will be fighting? (I'm sure it will be all, but it had to be asked).

There are very different tactics you will need to employ depending on the type of player you are fighting?

• Visible dexxer
  • Ninja dexxer
  • Mage
  • Necro/Mage
  • Necro/Dexxer
  • Tamer

See what I mean? Each one will have strengths and weaknesses, the distances you will need to keep from each...yada yada yada (you know what I mean).

Here on Siege, I can tell you the bulk of players are either dexxers or tamers, most have hide and stealth. The strict PvPers, mostly dexxers, so that's why I have wrestle instead of anatomy. I'll also have to have a lot of HCI and DCI.

-Val'lyn

Spart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This character is a Mage that I'm almost done adjusting my template.
120 Anatomy
120 Eval Int
100 Inscription
120 Magery
120 Meditation
120 Resist

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You only need 100 Anatomy. Eval & Anatomy need to equal 220 for 120 Defensive Wrestling. No bonus for being over.

In general, you want to make sure the opponent is Cursed first and foremost before trying to dump on them, you also need to watch for them removing it with Enchanted Apples. Curse, caps the targets resists at 70/60/60/60/60 (or 65 Energy for an Elf).

As a pure Mage you'll want 30 SDI on your suit.

After Curse, it varies on the target but in general trying to keep them Poisoned is a good idea especially vs dexxers. You can also Mana Vamp them as most run without Resisting Spells. For dexxers combos and keeping them Poisoned is the best option. For casters try to interrupt, Poison and dump.

Spart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Instead of Wrestling to 120, you can use Eval Int plus Anatomy, and you only need a total of 220 points, so by not maxing Anatomy you save 20 points for somewhere else. Also, as I found out researching what these guys were trying to get me to understand, Anatomy passively increases the combat damage you deal, passively adds amount healed to yourself, NPC's, or other players, and you will also receive a bonus to the Evasion ability if your Anatomy is 100 or better.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
30 sdi cap only applies if you have less than 30 pts in magery, ninjitsu, taming, necro etc. I think. Nothing is tested tho.