• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP archer?

P

peanutbutter

i'm messing with my template again...

so, bushido/chiv archer

or

fencer archer?

pros and cons?

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chiv isn't all that great unless you have some FC on your character because you don't have time to sit there and cast in battle. For pvm it's ok obviously.

Bushido is good for pvp and pvm because of LS. Confidence is also a great healing method on the go while waiting for aids to go off in pvp.

Fencer archer allows you to disarm/bleed then chase with running shot. That temp is pretty much all pvp and very offensive.

V

Vyal

bushido is worthless, chiv on the other hand is not.

If you only want to use bandies save what 3k per death on pots take chiv for divine fury so you don't need to chug refresh.

Plus journey, and it helps for a killer spawner can man handle all the spawn and champ plus pvp with the best of them.

Please take my word bushido is complete trash skill. Ooo a lesser ain't that cool ?

Try makin a tamer archer I prefer those :)

C

Chaosy

bushido is worthless, chiv on the other hand is not.

If you only want to use bandies save what 3k per death on pots take chiv for divine fury so you don't need to chug refresh.

Plus journey, and it helps for a killer spawner can man handle all the spawn and champ plus pvp with the best of them.

Please take my word bushido is complete trash skill. Ooo a lesser ain't that cool ?

Try makin a tamer archer I prefer those :)
Actually, bushido is a great skill, even for archery.

Lightning strike with a magical shortbow is deadly.

Confidence lets you heal on the run.

Yumi has the double shot special, which, when under the right conditions, can be a straight kill against someone at ~70% life.

Chiv divine fury takes time if you don't have fc, and chugging a pot is instantaneous. It's optimal to have bushido and chiv (I have both on one of my archers).

As spoony said, fencer archer is highly offensive and for PvP only. It's hard to squeeze resist in though, and you'll end up getting mana vamped by someone who knows what they're doing, in which case you're pretty much dead. IMO, the best archer is still just a pure archer that dishes out a ton of damage with a xbow and composite.

Tamer archer does seem to be the gimp template of the month currently though.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not both?

120 Archery
120 Fencing
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
60 Chivalry

Or something like that

K

Kith Kanan

I run several , one with chiv

120 arch
100 tac
100 heal
100 ana
120 resist
100 focus
80 chiv

4/6 casting with most of my bows , some 3/6 , not the hardest hitter u can make but not easy to kill , especialy with a balanced bow . Necro / SS instead of focus and chiv is a nice temp also

C

Chaosy

Why not both?

120 Archery
120 Fencing
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
60 Chivalry

Or something like that
Bushido in a template like that is a waste of pts, IMHO. You're not using it to its full effectiveness. The point of the fencer archer is to bleed, disarm, then chase them down with running shot. You don't need lightning strike criticals to do that, and if they're disarmed you'll be AI'ing anyway. When you have your melee weapon, not having parrying feels like a waste if you have 120 bushido. It's much better to just get resist at that point, or perhaps ninjitsu for animal form (gank evasion) and shurikens.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ssh.. Don't lure him to the D.. I meant ARCHERY Side..
Although Archery has ALL the cookies now.. :bowdown:

V

Vyal

I can't get with bushido my best archer who could stand toe to toe with nothing but bandages to a greater was nothing but a chiv archer. Bushido screws up way to much stuff as far as skills go. You could get away with tossing it on a archer chiv temp maybe.

Me I always went chiv spellweaving archer. When it came to just straight arrow slingers.

I liked to use the dismount pixies on people was nice to use gift of life to people never could figure out how I would be right back up after a death.

I tried the fencer archer temp out for a while and it wasn't as good as you would think first of all an archer should never get touched that I learned the hard way. If your on a horse and have a bow don't ever let yourself get hit and you won't die :)

Thunderstorm to clear out stealthers is great with that temp to.

Personaly Elf, Spellweaver chiv archer learn to play that temp and you can eat up any bushido archer.

OR

Archer/Tamer with healing and pots and you can eat up any fighter period and if you lose maybe you should go back to tram.

Mages are another story on the tamer archer with greater.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archer/Tamer with Dread and Bake or Nightmare w/EP and Hiding/Animal Form. One of the most powerful PvP template if not the most fked up overpowered one. And yea if you still cant put down that "insert a template here" you should forget about PvP. Well unless ur target is same archer tamer like you.

Well if you dont want to go that low and want to actually PvP without all kill and pray then Disarm archer is a popular choice.

And if you are just looking to stay alive doing cheap shots then stealth archer will work out just fine.