• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PVP and leech properties.

G

Hi there,

I have read alot of post claiming that ML,LL and SL is worthless in PVP.
The reason behind that is that leech will negate more useful hit effects like Hit lightning,lower defense and so on.

Whats the true deal?
Is it possible to make a swing with Hit lightning,Hit mana leech and lower defence at the same time?

Im about to try pvp again after a looooong time and I really want to know this.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi. I answered your PM.

Since Hit Mana Leech and Hit Life Leech hit every time you swing your weapon, if they negated Hit Magic, HLD, etc. then the other properties would never hit. Since Hit Lightning works on my sword with HML, I can categorically state that HML and HLL do NOT stop Hit Magic from working.

On the other hand, you don't leech as much in PvP as you do in PvM because you don't do nearly as much damage. My Twinkling Scimitar usually does 16 damage in PvP and as much as 153 in PvM. In PvP, you need to have a way to stop your opponent from healing (mortal, poison, etc.) as much as you need a way to damage them.

G

Hi,

thanks alot for your answer.

Very good that it works the way it should.I was asking because there have been alot of pvper that says the opposite.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have Hit Lightning 42% and HML 45% on a weapon, and I don't see any glitches. What kind of glitches are you seeing?

I don't play in Vamp form, so I can't really comment on that.

G

C'mon, you're the God of Knowledge! (hehe)
I thought you might have known something about it. I have to find that thread.

BTW, I wanted to thank you for all your posts and info on these forums. I've learned a whole lot from you, especially in smithing. Thanks for making UO a pleasure!

G

I guess the Hit lightning problem is a myth? No one has heard of it?

5% Luck

When I PvP on my sampire archer I use a 50 hit lightning Short with ML33 in vamp form. While I dont see a big diferance as my damage is in the high teens low 20s my leeches are in the 2-3 range and the life leech is 100% of hits ans the ML hits the same time as the lighting with the vamp leech. But again unless I can find a way to hit much much harder I wont see much of a gain. With my short bow I swing at cap and with lighting strike i tend to hit 100% unless they parry. So running vamp form equates to about HPR 5-6 during the fight and the ML about helps me get a 6th LS off where with out it id be outa mana