• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvM Warrior Template??

M

marcelom

Hi guys, i am returning to uo, but i i missed the last 8 years of this game, so this is an abslolute new game for me.. i wish to ask you, what template should i use for a PvM Warrior? i would like to see your advices to help me decide what to do with my character development.
Is Lumberjacking still worth to have it with axes?
What about Bushido?
I must say i have a new account, so i have no items, no money, no veteran rewards, nothing.. But tbh i picked lots of equipments in the ground just walking around Britain and New Haven banks, just no more than that.
Hope you can help me out
Regards!

C

Connor_Graham

The most effective templates currently are the Sampire and Wammy.

Sampire (Use Vampiric Embrace for Vamp Form)-

120 Weapon Skill
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy or Resist
100 Necro
60 Chiv

Wammy (Use Wraith Form)-

120 Weapon Skill
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Spirit Speak
100 Necro
60 Chiv

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why 60 Chiv? I'm in the same boat... being new and all. Although I've found gold to be extremely easy to come by with 3 week old peace warrior (music, peace, swords, tactics, healing, anatomy, alchemy).

I like my peace warrior a lot, and I really like having alchemy on him. I can already tell that he won't be able to handle the really high end stuff. But he's nice and low-key.

Current goal for this character is:
GM Music
120 Peace
GM Swords
GM Tactics
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
GM Alchemy

No plans on changing him because he's fun and versatile. But I have more character slots... ;)

G

GFY

60 Chiv will allow you to cast all the chiv buffs without too much trouble. Personally I like rezzing the entire team with one spell, so I went for 100 Chiv and never looked back.

Lumberjacks are great for...wait for it... CHOPPING WOOD! :lol: The DI you used to get form it was nerfed but your lumberjack with gm or so swords can defend himself well vs. most wandering monsters.

Bushido has become the skill of choice for most warriors atm. Combining it with chivalry give you great damage dealing potential and very good healing potential if you combine this with 4/6 casting/ cast recovery.

Try working up something like this;

Weapon 100
Bushido 100
Parry 100
Chivalry 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 100

This will give you a very good starter template that you can modify later as you gain scrolls, items and experience. You should be able to solo some mid to high level monsters and get a good income from adventuring.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tips.

How bad was lumberjack nerfed? What is the current DI? I'm curious because well.. yeah I was considering it. I have a crafter without lumberjack, in order to have tinkering/tailoring/smithing/carpentry/mining/bowyer/arms lore. So I need another character with lumberjack, or make a second crafter and divide the skills. (I admit I don't know the current required skills to make all craftables but I think this covers most of it.)

I was thinking of this:

60 Chivalry
GM Lumberjack
GM/120 Swords
GM Tactics
GM Healing
GM Anatomy
GM/120 Bushido

Thanks!

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does a warrior not need resist nowadays?
and when i read all the posts about nerfing the sampire, what exactly did they nerf, or is it yet to be nerfed? If people still advise you make them.

5% Luck

Why 60 Chiv? I'm in the same boat... being new and all. Although I've found gold to be extremely easy to come by with 3 week old peace warrior (music, peace, swords, tactics, healing, anatomy, alchemy).

I like my peace warrior a lot, and I really like having alchemy on him. I can already tell that he won't be able to handle the really high end stuff. But he's nice and low-key.

Current goal for this character is:
GM Music
120 Peace
GM Swords
GM Tactics
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
GM Alchemy

No plans on changing him because he's fun and versatile. But I have more character slots... ;)
I love your template. I had a peace/pally/sammy for a long while.

120 peace
120 music
120 macing
120 bushido
100 tactics
70 chive
70 focus

Hands down one of my favorite chars but since the greater dragons came in and dragons were his special place Ive lost all need of him. I am kinda mad about this ( do have a tamer too) and have since made him into an over scrolled necro/SW/mage.

O

Out of Date

I don't like having to rely on potions or magic foods.
I've had a warrior with
120 weapon skill
120 parry
120 bushido (ringed up)
100 anatomy
100 tactics
82 healing
60 chivalry
Enough necro to skill up for vamp form

Since the vamp form got nerfed I'm now about to try a new template
since I feel that for PvM (wich I do) I wont need resist, and I would have to
rely on potions and magic foods so I can't see how I could fit 100 necro in there
so I'm about to try this:

120 weapon
120 parry
120 bush (ringed)
100 tact
100 anat
85 healing
60 chivalry
20 necro
22 spirit

In THEORY I think this template should work okay. I think he'll be much the same as he was before the nerf. And he used to be great. I could just about solo DF with him.
Don't need a super expencive suit for it either, just a weapon with a good deal of HML and HLL

G

GFY

I don't like having to rely on potions or magic foods.
I've had a warrior with
120 weapon skill
120 parry
120 bushido (ringed up)
100 anatomy
100 tactics
82 healing
60 chivalry
Enough necro to skill up for vamp form

Since the vamp form got nerfed I'm now about to try a new template
since I feel that for PvM (wich I do) I wont need resist, and I would have to
rely on potions and magic foods so I can't see how I could fit 100 necro in there
so I'm about to try this:

120 weapon
120 parry
120 bush (ringed)
100 tact
100 anat
85 healing
60 chivalry
20 necro
22 spirit

In THEORY I think this template should work okay. I think he'll be much the same as he was before the nerf. And he used to be great. I could just about solo DF with him.
Don't need a super expencive suit for it either, just a weapon with a good deal of HML and HLL
Have you thought about something like this?

Weapon 120
Parry 120
Bushido 120
Anatomy 100
Tactics 100
Resist 120
Chivalry 80

You'll need 40 points worth of something to make this work but if you use chiv and confidence for healing and curing you'll have 120 resist to deal with all those de-buff spells that monsters can cast on ya.