• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvM Samurai ?

xantier

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a noob samurai in runuo :p i want your help because a paragon ratman mage can kill me , too ! I want to tell you my skills :

104.5 Bushido (110.0 cap)
100.0 Healing
100.0 Tactics
110.0 Swordsmanship
110.0 Parrying
100.0 Anatomy
80.0 Chivalry

I cant kill any monsters with these skills. Please help me i dont want to be a noob :D

G

gjohnson5

I'm a noob samurai in runuo :p i want your help because a paragon ratman mage can kill me , too ! I want to tell you my skills :

104.5 Bushido (110.0 cap)
100.0 Healing
100.0 Tactics
110.0 Swordsmanship
110.0 Parrying
100.0 Anatomy
80.0 Chivalry

I cant kill any monsters with these skills. Please help me i dont want to be a noob :D
I can run warriors without resisting spells
You'd just get killed by any mage

xantier

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
which skill can i delete for increasing resisting spells ?

and i have a lot of HCI items but i'm still missing a lot while killing paragons

G

gjohnson5

which skill can i delete for increasing resisting spells ?

and i have a lot of HCI items but i'm still missing a lot while killing paragons
The template that kicks butt with Sammy is necro/ bushido
wraith form and spam lightning strike. I would rework that entirely

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your skills are good. Your skills are very good indeed.

Your armor is probably wrong. Get armor with good resists and defense chance increase. DCI is the most important thing a suit of armor can have, and you don't have to sacrifice resists for a good DCI piece (note: DCI is only available on jewlery or artifacts). The fey leggings and ancient samurai helm both have decent DCI and have pretty good resists as well.

Your weapon may be wrong too. Get a fast weapon. It doesn't have to be the hardest hitting weapon unless you're hunting big game, but it does need to be fast. If you have 120 dex, any weapon with a speed of under 2.5 should be good without swing speed increase. Use a weapon with decent properties as well. Get your mana leech and stamina leech weapons, get your hit lower attack and hit lower defense weapons. They help a lot.

Your tactics may also be wrong. Be sure to use all the weapons in your arsenal, including lightning strike, a well placed enemy of one (make sure you don't use it where more than one enemy will be around, as all other bad guys to more damage to you when you have it cast), consecrate weapon, confidence, more confidence (my favorite bushido skill), evasion when you're in trouble, divine fury if you need to swing faster or your stamina drops too much... etc. My rule of thumb is that if I have full mana, I'm not doing it right.

But those are all guesses (except about your template being good. It is). In either case, it's some good advices.

xantier

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Your armor is probably wrong. Get armor with good resists and defense chance increase. DCI is the most important thing a suit of armor can have, and you don't have to sacrifice resists for a good DCI piece (note: DCI is only available on jewlery or artifacts). The fey leggings and ancient samurai helm both have decent DCI and have pretty good resists as well.

Your weapon may be wrong too. Get a fast weapon. It doesn't have to be the hardest hitting weapon unless you're hunting big game, but it does need to be fast. If you have 120 dex, any weapon with a speed of under 2.5 should be good without swing speed increase. Use a weapon with decent properties as well. Get your mana leech and stamina leech weapons, get your hit lower attack and hit lower defense weapons. They help a lot.

Your tactics may also be wrong. Be sure to use all the weapons in your arsenal, including lightning strike, a well placed enemy of one (make sure you don't use it where more than one enemy will be around, as all other bad guys to more damage to you when you have it cast), consecrate weapon, confidence, more confidence (my favorite bushido skill), evasion when you're in trouble, divine fury if you need to swing faster or your stamina drops too much... etc. My rule of thumb is that if I have full mana, I'm not doing it right.

But those are all guesses (except about your template being good. It is). In either case, it's some good advices.
I'm using your tactics xD

I must use 2 hand weapon because i can parry %30 with it and confidience. i really like it as you like. my all resistances are 57-60

i cant find mana leech weapon xD is there any weapon enchant thing ?

T

T_Amon_from_work

I'm using your tactics xD

I must use 2 hand weapon because i can parry %30 with it and confidience. i really like it as you like. my all resistances are 57-60

i cant find mana leech weapon xD is there any weapon enchant thing ?
With Chiv use Consecrate Weapon which allows it to strike the foe at their lowest resist. However, it is a duration spell based on karma level - the higher the karma, the longer the duration, but it's not too awful long.

If you are cramped but want to lower a skill to make the Bush cap, I'd suggest Healing to 90, use ehanced bandages which will heal as if you had +10 to the skill (making a 100, right?). There's 10 points to something.

Jewelry combos using healing or other skills may allow juggling the skills a bit ... but you've got a decent setup right now.

G

gjohnson5

If he's using chivalry , there's no reason to use confidence , just use diving fury and your stamina will be recharged. When fighting mages you not gonna get a chance to parry. Infact is it possible to parry a wrestler?

G

GFY

As mentioned without resist mages will be a pain. You can over come them to some extent with tactics. Not the player skill, the tactics you use when fighting mages. You'll want to run with the Samurai skills evasion and counter strike to try to defend against mage spells. You'll also need a trapped box to break paralyze spells. Try to get your resist to at least 60. If curse is cast on you all your resist drop to 60 but not below.

Whenever your going up against a tough mob (AKA any paragon) you'll want to use all your chiv spells for maximum advantage. Enemy of one, for more damage, consecrate weapon, to hit the mobs weakest resist, and divine fury, to keep your stamina maxed out for best swing speed. Combine these with Bushido specials, Honor opponent, for perfection bonuses, confidence, for a quick heal, and lightning strike, for maximum HCI. Using these specials you should be able to handle most mobs without too much difficulty. Add the proper slayer weapon and it should be even easier.

Lastly keep a bandage going when ever possible and use chiv heal and cure macros when needed.

Good Luck & Good Hunting :thumbsup: