• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] PVM archery nowadays

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to do PVM archer to solo peerless bosses & champion spawn.

What is best template nowadays?

Just PVM NOT PVP.

Is it Sampire Archer? ABC Archer? Wraith archer?

So what kind of template I should take and what kind of stuff (Armours & weapons)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, "best" is almost always a subjective word isn't it? What is your goal with your template. I haven't played in a bit, but did ABC archer back in the day and it did quite fine. Sampire is more of a melee-elated template as the benefits of that template coincide best with a melee-wielding toon. HCI is one of your best tools to have capped. Other than that, need more info. Where do you plan to play this template?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do solo spawns on an ABC archer now and then. (usually baracoon, rikkitor, niera)
But tbh, sampires if they are build correct are so much more effective.
I don't think anyone solos peerless using archers.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The hard part about doing a Champ Spawn solo on an archer are the first two levels of a spawn... there is just so much you have to kill before you can advance it along. Even level 3 can be tough depending on the spawn. Sampires are much more effective for killing multiple mobs simultaneously at lower levels. But for Level 4 and the boss... archers do just fine.

ABC Archer is probably your best bet. I personally like Wraith archers more... but they are much slower moving which can be a problem if you get surrounded by spellcasters. My Vamp Thrower does okay too - but, I usually am always with atleast one other person.

Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
With 120 Chivalry you can use Holy Light on 1-2 levels. The good thing is you are casting and shooting at the same time, so you always has mana for casting and leaching some life too.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would like to do PVM archer to solo peerless bosses & champion spawn.

What is best template nowadays?

Just PVM NOT PVP.

Is it Sampire Archer? ABC Archer? Wraith archer?

So what kind of template I should take and what kind of stuff (Armours & weapons)
Personally I'd say a Thrower over an Archer for several reasons; ammo, carrying weight, 1h, metal weapons, racial 5 HCI. I would then make it so that you can use both Vamp Form and Wraith Form with Bushido. Momentum Strike & Hit Area work well at clearing spawn. If you don't like the Wraith part I would say Swords/Throwing/Sampire, perfect for spawns a little bit weaker on peerless depending on which one due to having two weapon skills instead of damage output.