• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Putrefier...

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What's the best way to kill this sum pancake? Tried sampire and I can get him to like half health in a few seconds but when he double hits and whatnot I drop. If I run to heal up I aggro all the spawn nearby. :/

Greater dragon did like no dmg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've used summons while out of "aggro range", with invis handy :)

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Do slayers work for summons? So demon slayer book and cast ev's?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you're going in solo - it's going to be tough. I seem to struggle when solo no matter what template I take in. I'm sure there are plenty of people that can infact do it alone, but I find it better to do in groups of atleast 3 people.

Helps to have atleast one sampire or tamer with a GD so that can stand back and act as a tank. Someone needs to act as the bait to go pull him out of the hole so that another one doesn't respawn on top of you right away (they respawn fairly quickly after dying). Demon slayer weapon or spellbook is very helpful. If you have a sampire, you might then want to focus one person on healing the sampire and just throwing up summons. He will two hit you, so need to have invis queued up if you're pulling him out of the hole. Gift of Life can be a light saber here if you have one that goes on a rampage and crushes through everyone in short order. Always helpful to have someone that can hit WoD.

When farming for Paraxymous, I usually get all the other sets of keys first so I know exactly how many Putrifier spleens to get. He also drops paragon chests somewhat regularly. It's also a good place to farm fame.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Best (IMO) is a Necro Mage weaver in wraith form with a demon slayer and super high SDI.

There is a spot on the far north west side of the small area where he spawns, just the opposite side of the boulders, where he won't pathfind around to you. You can both still hit with spells, so corpse/flamestrike him while you keep yourself alive from his spells.

Looting is tricky though because you have to mount up, run around to the corpse and invis.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire can take him easy. Energy Feint Weapon With hit Fatigue, make sure you are on an armored swampy obviously, Damage eater will help for that first minute. Being Refined for Physical 75 and poison 75 is idea for his Knuckle Sandwiches.

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sampire can take him easy. Energy Feint Weapon With hit Fatigue, make sure you are on an armored swampy obviously, Damage eater will help for that first minute. Being Refined for Physical 75 and poison 75 is idea for his Knuckle Sandwiches.
I guess feint would work well but my mystic dropped him in 3 colossus...now the hard part is getting the other keys. 6 torsos, 5 legs and an hour later no skulls :/

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other keys are pretty easy... Really... With Mystic no work at all...

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always liked a stealther with a spellchanneling Shadow Strike weapon for the other keys.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Archer, there is a spot where he can get stuck at. :D

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the best way to kill this sum *****? Tried sampire and I can get him to like half health in a few seconds but when he double hits and whatnot I drop. If I run to heal up I aggro all the spawn nearby. :/

Greater dragon did like no dmg.

four mystics and one disco. That is my typical character group.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire/Whammy with Macing Mastery. The -60% SSI for 10 secs with Stagger just destroys the Putrifier's damage output.