• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pure mage treasure hunter...

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hiya guys.

im interested in making a treasure hunter, im also interested in making a pure mage. i was wondering if it is possible to combine the two? i looked through the template thread, but only seemed to find bard/mage or tamer/mage combo's...

are level 6's possible as a pure mage?

or is there no reason not to add music and disco?

L

Lord Drakelord

hiya guys.

im interested in making a treasure hunter, im also interested in making a pure mage. i was wondering if it is possible to combine the two? i looked through the template thread, but only seemed to find bard/mage or tamer/mage combo's...

are level 6's possible as a pure mage?

or is there no reason not to add music and disco?
AWs eat summons, and there would be times you would get two or more of these beasts on a Level 6, while digging the chest up. {at least I have had three AWs on one and they clean my clock} Now I have done a level 6 before with a stealth mage, took me like forever with luring the guardians off one at a time, good thing its was on Serpent's Hold as I had the guards take out the AWs for me when they hit town because they kept dispeling my summons.

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, ok. i suppose there is no reason not to take barding skills. afterall, surely something like this would fit:

115 magery
115 med
115 eval
115 provoke
115 music
100 LP

and then have carto on a soulstone as needed?

i guess that would satisfy my magery needs :)... and has enough space left to fill the skills up to 120 eventually.

ill give it a go i reckon, it could be fun.

now to see how fun raising provo is going to be, as far as i remember its not fun, and thats why ive not done it since pre pub-16.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will have a TOUGH time with just a mage.

An Ancient Wyrm will prob be your downfall unless you just lure them off so you can loot the booty.

Pure mage = Mage, Eval, Med which leave you 3 - 4 skilz to round them out.

Lockpicking is needed do Music and Disco or Provo would make a nice setup.

I have had 6 AW on the screen at once fighting eachother was fun but trying.

Now i dont know if you are calling Mysticysm and Spell Weaving as Magery also but perhaps you could work them in in use the Colossas...

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: You will have a TOUGH time with just a mage.

well, adding either of those two, or necromancy+SS in would be closer to the pure mage idea i had... but i think i would still suffer when facing AW's... and its a shame to lure them off and not get the loot from them when i could kill, loot, and skin them.

though, spirit speak, 2/6 casting and a dragon slayer spellbook perhaps? im throwing ideas out here, ive not got much experience as a pure mage so i dont know their limits. my tamer has mage/eval and no bard skills, but she just spams heals on my lovely pets :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

That's one advantage now - the triple damage from an non-super book.

if you can get a couple AW fighting each other with provo, then use summons and spells on whichever is stronger (keeping them evenly matched till one drops and the other is near dead), you should be able to finish off the survivor with a few spells. The hard part is getting it to that point.

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i thought id dig this thread up again. im still having issues planning a template. im still stuck on this pure mage idea! i was toying with necro and SS, but i would have to drop meditation entirely unless i wanted two soulstones devoted to enabling me to swap med for carto when required.

so, bards you all say?

100 LP
100 carto
120 provo
120 music
100 magery
100 eval
100 med

not hard to reach with some +skills items... maybe could play about with imbuing and take magery/eval/med up to the 110 mark. any thoughts? i figure itll work, its pretty much what every other bard t-hunter uses i guess... i dont know why im so stuck on the pure mage idea.

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

screw it, i came up with a pure mage template! it requires lots of arties, but here goes...

100 lockpicking, with 100 carto on stone for when its needed.
95 magery (115 with items)
105 meditation (115 with items)
115 eval
85 necro (105 with items)
120 spirit speak.

720 total, wont be able to solo AW's i figure, but ill get friends to help on level 6's the character should be very fun to play.

L

Lord Drakelord

720 total, wont be able to solo AW's i figure, but ill get friends to help on level 6's the character should be very fun to play.
and that the name of the game, having fun :)

T

Tukaram

Mine has worked out well for me (no level 6's yet though)

100 Carto
100 Locks
110 Mage
110 Med
100 Eval
100 Anatomy
100 Healing (I need my spells for damage, and I had an etra 100 points to use up)

Park the beetle a safe distance off, and mark a rune. Summon a couple earth eles for distraction. Kill everything you can. If it gets bad recall to your beetle to regroup, or run away. (don't run away)