• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pure Bard templates?

R

Rainfo X

(120 if i can get scrolls) Mage/Med/Eval/Disco/Provo/Music

or Mage/Med/Peace/Disco/Provo/Music

I have resist on my char and if I get rid of it, what is the best way to avoid nasty and lengthy curses?

I have peacemaking so i was thinking of dropping it, although Id rather stone it onto another char, so another question is, what are good templates for peacemaking? I like to peace to have plenty of time to set up a provo, or if im walking through mobs, but otherwise, i might be better off making room to put meditation back on my char since i tend to run out of mana a lot.

feel free to post suggestions or your templates

PS looking forward to the new bard stickies

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have resist on my char and if I get rid of it, what is the best way to avoid nasty and lengthy curses?
Apples :)

I have peacemaking so i was thinking of dropping it, although Id rather stone it onto another char, so another question is, what are good templates for peacemaking?
A tamer would be a good choise, i love my peace tamer.

My advice for the char would probably be.
120 Music
120 Peace
120 Provo
105 Magery (+15 from tome of lost knowledge)
100 Meditation
120 Spellweaving or Evalint
35 Necromany (Wraith form is invaluable)

W

Wolfways

Pure bard?
I'd assume that you'd have to have 120 in all four of the bard skills. Other skills optional.

C

Cadenuo21

my char is 120 music peace disco prov with 115 mage and 115 eval and 20 med with +10 med bonus on the legs SW britches works great i use full super slayer spellbooks and flutes only issue i have is the INSANE timer between bard skills

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my char is 120 music peace disco prov with 115 mage and 115 eval and 20 med with +10 med bonus on the legs SW britches works great i use full super slayer spellbooks and flutes only issue i have is the INSANE timer between bard skills
Thats the reason i never use all 3 at the same time. I usually only run Disco/provo.
To bad tbh.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not shure about my own bard. It was planned with 120 in all bardic skills and 110 med/magery (120's are too expensive for me). But I have to do much more training with her (especially rpovo and discord which are aroun 80 and 90.) I was thinking of maybe freeing 100 skillpoints with items for an additionally skill. (Especially with imbuing around this might be done somewhat easy.) Possible candidats:
- alchemy (gexplo, conflag potions should do fine with peace and discord)
- herding (very interesting choice, if you have tameables around)
- eval (simplest and most boring choice, but probably the most effective)
- spellweaving (would increase the supporting role, if you prepare for grp hunting)
One thing to remember for a full/pure bard is to take some sulfurus ash and a/some fire horns with you. It should spice up your bards life a bit.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing to remember for a full/pure bard is to take some sulfurus ash and a/some fire horns with you. It should spice up your bards life a bit.

Hehe yeah i actually like using them some times but i think most ppl forget about them :p

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hehe yeah i actually like using them some times but i think most ppl forget about them :p
i use to do that, but i would go through a TONNE of ash per outing.
it is too bad they never had a reduce ammo thing for those like archers have for quivers and mages have with LRC and LMC.

but then we are bards.
we are use to doing things the hard way, hehe.

as for pure bards.
i run the classic.
120 in Music, peace, provo, disco
110 in magic and ei (cause im cheap)
20 in focus.
100 LRC suit, 40 LMC and as much mana regen as i can get.
if i wanna get fancy ill stone off peace cause i dont use it too much anymore and will pick up med.

but i must admit, i find i dont use my pure bard too much or i should say as much as i use my bard tamers.

G

gramarye

(120 if i can get scrolls) Mage/Med/Eval/Disco/Provo/Music

or Mage/Med/Peace/Disco/Provo/Music

I have peacemaking so i was thinking of dropping it, although Id rather stone it onto another char, so another question is, what are good templates for peacemaking? I like to peace to have plenty of time to set up a provo, or if im walking through mobs, but otherwise, i might be better off making room to put meditation back on my char since i tend to run out of mana a lot.

feel free to post suggestions or your templates

PS looking forward to the new bard stickies
Well, you said feel free sooo... I had all bard skills to 120 plus magery and eval the same and I, too, found it hard on mana regen. So (not being very good with items) I stoned PROVO and added med just to see how I got on. And now its the only game I play and I hardly miss provo. I'll tend to peace/disco/ ev instead. Usually a quicker kill too and I find stuff like solo ballys much easier now that I have good med. Just a thought.