• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

<+> Pumpkin Patch <+> Public Service Announcement.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone…

No sooner then the pumpkins started to spawn, I was seeing a big problem from last year and I’m hoping to clear the air so you can better enjoy this small part of the seasonal event.

When you pile the pumpkins on the SIDE of the field… they do not re-spawn!

I honestly don’t know why people think otherwise… or insist on thinking this will work, but it wont. If you want the new pumpkins to spawn… you have to clear the fields. It only takes just a little bit of work and you will get rewarded!

Best way to attack the fields:

1 - Stop by any provisioner and buy cheap bags, backpacks, or leather pouches.

2 - Go to your fields, fill up a bag.

3 - Take the bag to one of the few public trash containers, throw the full bag in.

4 - Return to the field. Repeat.

It's THAT easy! You will find public trash bins at the bank in Vesper, Brit West, Moonglow, Chinatown, and Luna. It would be extremely nice if we had them at every bank… but that only seems to be on the Asian shards. Just dumping the pumpkins someplace else may risk the same non-spawn issue. Better to just throw them away. If anyone is interested in looking for their names… then they will be out looking for themselves.

If you have a Necromancer… the “hoard minion” is a great way to dispose of the rubbish pumpkins.

DO NOT PILE THE RUBBISH PUMPKINS ON THE SIDES OF THE FIELDS!

Now, if you don’t believe me… try it just 1 time. Pick a field, mark a rune. Pick a publish trash bin, mark a rune. You will thank me later. ;) Tell your friends… tell others making this same mistake. It helps.

This message is brought to you by the Red & Purple Mini Mall, where you will find a public Farm-Field runebook right on the front step, just on the east side… in bright pumpkin orange. We are happy to share this information with our fellow Atlantic players in hope of full enjoyment of this seasonable event.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Agreed. What makes no sense is when you tell folks standing in the patch they will not spawn unless moved off that server they tell you that YOU are crazy. :wall:

C

Caldwin_DDP

I appreciate the announcement. Also, I have been announcing Jack spawns on the gen chat.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
best way... get a necro to cast a minion horder.... the minion will pick up the pumpkins for ya ... once he is full .. release him...

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just dump them on corpses. If you are picking pumpkins in Haven there is usually a good supply of bandit corpses to choose from :p

M

Moonstar

There are still peopel out there that actually want pumpkins. I do not trash them. I gather them, recall to a different server and then come back and unload them . It's the same amoutn of effort as taking them to the trash barrel except it isn't robbing anyone of their chance to fidn their pumpkin.
The pouch that can be axed is a good idea if you don't want to unload them one by one. just fill the bag , then recall away and back and place it on ground and axe it.

P.s i need pumpkins named Fairies and Miami Hurricane if anyone happens to spot them.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* Moonstar *

If people want their pumpkins, they are more then welcome to go out to the fields and look for them. Thankfuly people have been getting the message from this PSA so the Jacks will spawn for EVERYONE. :twak:

THANK YOU... to everyone that is helping clean up the mess. :party:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:cursing: I'm starting to see the issue again and there is still no shortage of people hoping to find the names they want so I thought I would bump it up the list a bit in hope whoever sees there will be a big difference if they throw the old junk out and not pile them next to the field. ;)