• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publishing Movement Changes to TC1

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone,

We are publishing some movement changes to TC1 in a few moments. This is designed to help players with low connection speeds improve their movement. Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks Everyone!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
wow now that is cool (if it works ;-)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will this help a player with a normal connection speed, compete with a speed hacker!? lol

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm sure this is at least part of the speed hacking fix, yes. A lot of the whole speed hacking issue has to do with people with older and slower computers and connections not being able to keep up with those with newer computers and faster connections.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well I am normally at 120 to 160 ms and ran around on test for a few and the movement SEEMS smoother and less jumpy but sense that's not where i normally play its hard to tell!

B

Beastmaster

I'm seeing the same movement on TC1 that I see on Chessie. Getting a few lag spikes every few seconds.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
April fools perhaps?
I think I can categorically say no to that. I think this is the real deal. Most of us probably won't notice any difference. The ones that will hopefully notice a big difference are those unfortunate souls still stuck on dialup.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The scroll on first log in says the test center has publish 64. Is this right or is it really publish 65?

-Lorax

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ping 180-200 on East Coast shards. Not sure where TC1 server is located but i love this change! seems that my client (2D) isnt updating alot of crap while im running.

Congrats for the improvement!!

A

A Rev

Fricking awesome!!!

I just had a run with someone who normally runs so much faster on GL...I actually kept up! ALL THE TIME around luna...yew...haven...everywhere we ran!

A few skips but great...also noted it didnt seem to help my overcasting due to ping but nice work!

Edit: I play in UK!

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone who ususally pings around 300 I have to say that it works brilliantly. I have never moved so fast in all my years here.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG WTF!!!!!! I've been waiting for this change forever... Uo closes now?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ping around 30 to 50ms to most west coast shards and I am very fast already and when I tried to run around on TC1 it actually felt nice and smooth and there's really no noticeable lags when I was running around.

A

A Rev

Any idea if and when this will be rolled out to production shards??

T

Trevelyan

Will it fix sliders and the other weird animation stuff? :D

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This movement change seems to have messed w/ my UOAM & Cartography any time I log onto test shard...