• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 95

Would you like BOD books to only take up 1 lockdown?

• Total voters

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I got the new newsletter, and after reading it, I have to say I am a bit excited. It looks like some changes are finally coming for the BOD system!

It says:

" While you will not be able to bank low end Bulk Order Deed turn-ins for higher tier rewards, we do plan on removing the randomness from the reward delivery so crafters can target the rewards they want the most without having to rely on the RNG. We're also looking at introducing new rewards and crafting systems to BODs."

I think this is definitely a step in the right direction. I also hope that they consider making a full BOD book take up only 1 lockdown (just like the SOT, Alacrity, and PS books) @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak , Any chance of that happening?

I sure would love to take BOD books off of vendors!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix ,sorry,in the newsletter from 7 april 2016,it was asked in a Meet and Greet "Negatives in Runic Reforging matching global loot revamp negatives". Can we hope that in 95 publish you think about this issue? Thanks.

It's something we continue to discuss internally. As far as Publish 95 is concerned we are pretty much at max bandwidth considering the BOD update and the other content you'd expect to see this time of year (holiday and veteran rewards etc), so this is probably not something we'll be addressing in Publish 95.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's something we continue to discuss internally. As far as Publish 95 is concerned we are pretty much at max bandwidth considering the BOD update and the other content you'd expect to see this time of year (holiday and veteran rewards etc), so this is probably not something we'll be addressing in Publish 95.
Thanks for reading, and responding! @Kyronix Any chance we will see full BOD books take up 1 lockdown, to match the rest of the books? We are currently running at 91.7% for it. :)

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks @Kyronix !!! :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Bleak I think the UO.Com Website is having issues with the ToS can't log into accounts.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Please NO because those books have to be locked down to use them, that would mean we can not use them in our backpack.
Those books changed recently. You still have to have them locked down to put deeds in, but you can take deeds out from within your backpack.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those books changed recently. You still have to have them locked down to put deeds in, but you can take deeds out from within your backpack.
So as most BOD runners do we go and turn in a lot, a lot of BODs at one time so we will be unable to put BODs back in to our BOD Books if they do this, NO THANK YOU. Just make them count as 1 item and we will do the extra step of getting them out of the container and putting them in our backpacks to use.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
So as most BOD runners do we go and turn in a lot, a lot of BODs at one time so we will be unable to put BODs back in to our BOD Books if they do this, NO THANK YOU. Just make them count as 1 item and we will do the extra step of getting them out of the container and putting them in our backpacks to use.
I think p-scroll / SoT / SoA books have that extra limitation because the deeds are cursed and the books blessed. I wouldn't assume that BOD books would have the same restriction.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think p-scroll / SoT / SoA books have that extra limitation because the deeds are cursed and the books blessed. I wouldn't assume that BOD books would have the same restriction.
I agree completely. IMO it was to keep people from getting them and throwing them into books in the middle of a spawn, to keep them from being looted.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree completely. IMO it was to keep people from getting them and throwing them into books in the middle of a spawn, to keep them from being looted.
And if that is the case then no problem, but if making them only useable locked down like all the other books means we can not fill BOD Books unless they are locked down then PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE, I do not want to be required to take packies with me every time I do BOD runs or get rid of my Smiths and Tailors on all the shards I do not own a house.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
bod books using one storage would be fine. all the pub 95 changes will be worthless to many and will cause even more people to leave if they use a point system and allow bod filling scripts to continue, or even be encouraged by a point system.
I hope devs do something to make things fair

Ps would like to see the option to price all bods in book same price instead of one at a time omg lol

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And if that is the case then no problem, but if making them only useable locked down like all the other books means we can not fill BOD Books unless they are locked down then PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE, I do not want to be required to take packies with me every time I do BOD runs or get rid of my Smiths and Tailors on all the shards I do not own a house.
Is there some kind of rule or something that says they cant be made to work either way??? Why do BOD books have to have any usage limits?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
bod books using one storage would be fine. all the pub 95 changes will be worthless to many and will cause even more people to leave if they use a point system and allow bod filling scripts to continue, or even be encouraged by a point system.
I hope devs do something to fair things fair
Just tried out some stuff with smithing BOD books. 1 BOD book, 32 SBODs. In a secure chest, it reads as 1 stone weight. House sign tallies 575 count for secure items. Remove BOD book to backpack, weight still same (1 stone), secure lockdowns now at 568.

Soooo a BOD book with 32 items in it uses 7 secure storage slots. My vote is that if BODs are in a book, they should be 1 slot off the lockdown total. As for the Pub 95 stuff, I'd like to see how in heck they're gonna do this as large BODs require fulfillment of smalls ... thus the need for them. I can see one way around this, but I'll be dipped if I'd do it ... too cumbersome.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just tried out some stuff with smithing BOD books. 1 BOD book, 32 SBODs. In a secure chest, it reads as 1 stone weight. House sign tallies 575 count for secure items. Remove BOD book to backpack, weight still same (1 stone), secure lockdowns now at 568.

Soooo a BOD book with 32 items in it uses 7 secure storage slots. My vote is that if BODs are in a book, they should be 1 slot off the lockdown total. As for the Pub 95 stuff, I'd like to see how in heck they're gonna do this as large BODs require fulfillment of smalls ... thus the need for them. I can see one way around this, but I'll be dipped if I'd do it ... too cumbersome.
Currently, every 5 bods in a book count as 1 lock down, plus the book itself counts as 1. That is where your 7 count is coming from

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think that @Kyronix himself had already mentioned it, but I just wanted to second the call for a Moonstone teleporter crystal similar to what we have for Eodon, but for the primary Illishenar locations.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Currently, every 5 bods in a book count as 1 lock down, plus the book itself counts as 1. That is where your 7 count is coming from
Specifically, the Book and the first 4 BODs count as one item. The each 5 (or remainder of 1-4 BODs) counts as 1.

So Book plus BODs 1-4 = 1
BODs 5-29 (25 BODs) = 5
BODs 30-32 (3 BODs) = 1
Total: 7

Over a decade ago, I was in support of a point collection system for BOD rewards. After seeing how the BOD system works in detail (and having to research drops, etc. for the FAQs) for over a decade, I know now that such a point system would be the WORST possible option, as no matter HOW it gets implemented, someone will find a way to game/abuse it to the detriment of other crafters.

Fixing the EXISTING BOD system to where
  1. Smith BODs don't lose half their pulls to weapons, and half the remainder to non-combinables,
  2. Making the Tailor BOD system have more flexible rewards, and drop LBODs more
  3. Making the Tailor Normal/Exceptional split be 50/50 instead of only 1/3 Exceptional.
  4. Don't allow BODs or BOD Books to shard Transfer (eliminating the duping processes, no matter the exploit)
Will solve most of the chronic issues. Everything beyond that would be minor tweaks.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there some kind of rule or something that says they cant be made to work either way??? Why do BOD books have to have any usage limits?
Alls I am saying is IF THEY WORK IN THE SAME MANNER AS THE OTHER BOOKS THEN PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE. What part of that is so hard to understand. I know what you are saying but as you are not a DEV then the DEVs need to know that we do not want this if we can not use the BOD books in our backpack.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Specifically, the Book and the first 4 BODs count as one item. The each 5 (or remainder of 1-4 BODs) counts as 1.

BODs 5-29 (25 BODs) = 5
BODs 30-32 (3 BODs) = 1

Over a decade ago, I was in support of a point collection system for BOD rewards. After seeing how the BOD system works in detail (and having to research drops, etc. for the FAQs) for over a decade, I know now that such a point system would be the WORST possible option, as no matter HOW it gets implemented, someone will find a way to game/abuse it to the detriment of other crafters.

1. Smith BODs don't lose half their pulls to weapons, and half the remainder to non-combinables,
  3. Making the Tailor Normal/Exceptional split be 50/50 instead of only 1/3 Exceptional.
  4. Don't allow BODs or BOD Books to shard Transfer (eliminating the duping processes, no matter the exploit)
Will solve most of the chronic issues. Everything beyond that would be minor tweaks.
I agree with all of it EXCEPT, I think they should NOT be shard bound. I buy BOD's on other shards and bring them "home" to combine. :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alls I am saying is IF THEY WORK IN THE SAME MANNER AS THE OTHER BOOKS THEN PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE. What part of that is so hard to understand. I know what you are saying but as you are not a DEV then the DEVs need to know that we do not want this if we can not use the BOD books in our backpack.
What I am saying is...why can't they be used locked down? and also in the pack, why do we have to limit it to only one functionality?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, save us some clicking.
Add to the BOD a fill from current container choice...use a wooden box, put the materials in it, the tool in it, the bod in it, make your 20 items it calls for, then click ONCE and it loads it all from JUST THAT CURRENT CONTAINER THAT IS HOLDING THE BOD. Sorry for the caps, wanted to make sure everyone knew I meant it just to use the container the bod was in, and leave the mainpack and all other containers alone.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also, save us some clicking.
Add to the BOD a fill from current container choice...use a wooden box, put the materials in it, the tool in it, the bod in it, make your 20 items it calls for, then click ONCE and it loads it all from JUST THAT CURRENT CONTAINER THAT IS HOLDING THE BOD. Sorry for the caps, wanted to make sure everyone knew I meant it just to use the container the bod was in, and leave the mainpack and all other containers alone.
+1 for this idea! I use UOA when smithing and run an agent to dump stuff in a pouch - by position so it stacks. By putting any BODs I'm working in there this would fill it really well! Yup - I can get behind this one. Thanks, Uriah!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They already have the programming, or part of it, in place...the trade chests do it now

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
+1 for this idea! I use UOA when smithing and run an agent to dump stuff in a pouch - by position so it stacks. By putting any BODs I'm working in there this would fill it really well! Yup - I can get behind this one. Thanks, Uriah!
I have a UOA Macro for every small BOD 10,15 and 20 to fill them, I also think the EC can be programed to do this.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And then your latest leet legendary artifact weapon gets combined with your BoD.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with all of it EXCEPT, I think they should NOT be shard bound. I buy BOD's on other shards and bring them "home" to combine. :)
How about making filled BODs no-transferable, but allowing unfilled ones to transfer? the dupes typically are of books of filled larges, as they are easier to transport and store (and therefore dupe) than the claimed rewards.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How about making filled BODs no-transferable, but allowing unfilled ones to transfer? the dupes typically are of books of filled larges, as they are easier to transport and store (and therefore dupe) than the claimed rewards.
Except sometimes I get filled ones. :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why? We sell filled BODs on vendors so are you saying do away with this and what is this about a dupe, really.

PopL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

BODs 5-29 (25 BODs) = 5
BODs 30-32 (3 BODs) = 1

So the crafter would locked in to the shard they start on. Or if they wanted to transfer to a different shard they then would have to start all over collecting BODs....not a good idea IMO.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was said by Mesanna at the Oct. 17th, Atlantic Meet and Greet last month:

Silent Bob: Hail Lords and Lady of Broadsword!
Mesanna: Hi Silent Bob
Kyronix: Well met!
Silent Bob: With the advent of new BODs, has any thought been given to their storage?
Silent Bob: I am terribly concerned about how much BODs already impinge on storage.
Silent Bob: And is it legal to store BODs on books on vendors?
Mesanna: yes it is, you can store them on a vendor
Silent Bob: I worry with the proliferation of bods that my house will be full of nothing but. Will the new bods have their own books?
Mesanna: we are not going to be changing the storage at this time, we want people to turn them in not horde them
Silent Bob: aye but if u get a new one fore each u turn in you end up with alot of bods
Mesanna: we have not come up with a good solution to be honest
Silent Bob: thanks for your consideration, have a great evening

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so people will be able to script in house rather than in heartwood? do you know what i'm thinking?
100s, 1000s of more bods to collect? do you know what i'm thinking?
no storage added. do you know what i'm thinking?
no Real information/imput until its already developed and put to test center. do you know what i'm thinking?
this is what I get for thinking lol

I'm sure everything will be fine. ill wait and see. have fun