• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 61 content additions

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to start a thread to keep track of the unannounced changes in publish 61 (so people can see the changes in one place).

Monsters:

Navrey is in the middle of a complete makeover.

We didn't have time to properly redo her AI, but there was a major issues with her web littering her lair. Her web attack has been removed and her HP upped (it will be upped even further once she's done as she's supposed to be a peerless type encounter).

You should be getting a new and improved Navrey, both AI and loot, in an upcoming publish.

Crafter-friendly SA resources:

There are new sources and new methods of acquiring and transforming SA resources, most notably for crafters and non-combat characters:

The resource-gathering skills can now get SA resources:

fishing: delicate scales

lumberjacking: crystal shards

mining: crystalline blackrock (also can be occasionally found as loot on elementals pulled up with a gargoyle pickaxe)

Crafting skills can now transform SA resources:

alchemy:
vial of vitriol (90 alchemy, 75 magery): 1 parasitic potion, 30 nightshade
bottle of ichor (90 alchemy, 75 magery): 1 darkglow poison, 30 spider silk

blacksmithing:
crushed glass (110 blacksmithing): 1 blue diamond, 5 glass swords
powdered iron (110 blacksmithing): 1 white pearl, 20 ingots

fletching:
elven fletching (90 fletching): 1 faery dust, 20 feathers

tailoring:
abyssal cloth (110 tailoring): 1 crystalline blackrock, 10 bolts of cloth

tinkering:
arcane rune stone (90 tinkering, 80 magery): 1 crystal shard, 5 power crystals
void orb (90 tinkering, 80 magery): 1 dark sapphire, 50 black pearl

Seeds of Renewal Drop from Gardening

The Seed of Renewal (important for mana/health/stamina regen properties) now has a chance of dropping in place of a regular seed for gardeners.

Aliabeth the Tinker (quest giver in tinker shop just SE of the public soulforge)

The Exchange
: 5 white chocolate + 1 dark sapphire for an "average imbuing bag" + loyalty

A worthy proposition: 1 elven fletching, 10 bamboo flutes for a "valuable imbuing bag" + loyalty

These bags appear to give a single monster piece ( eg: a silver snake skin (average) or a demon claw (valuable) ... although it has not been completely mapped out whether *all* monster pieces used in imbuing drop this way )

Sliem the Fence (quest giver in the far NW corner of the Royal City )

Unusual Goods : 2 perfect emeralds + 1 crystalline blackrock for an "essence box" + loyalty

The essence box is a named small black wooden box containing a single essence.

The sum total of these changes means that with the exception of faery dust, power crystals and chocolate resources (ok, and technically feathers), there appears to be a non-combat path to all imbuing resources (albeit an exceedingly long path for some of them give or take how complete Aliabeth's rewards are)

Official Notes:

bug fixes

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=961

Anniversary and Veteran rewards

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=962

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
great info thanks might want to sticky this for a while

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
lol I had to read that twice it must be late and i have been here to long today ;-)

D

Drawde2

From what I understand, the mining and lumberjack bonus only works in Ter Mur. Not in the older lands.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I believe you are correct Drawde2! I have not checked this yet can anyone confirm!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
confirmed.
Might want to add something Crysta mentioned: Ancient pottery fragments can be substituted for broken crystals when making crystal dust.

S

sbom

Aliabeth quest: do you need to first complete "The exchange" before you get to do "Worthy proposition"? (Chained quests).

Only the first one seems to be available to me at the moment.