• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 55: One of the worst ever?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeez, between the housing bug, the disarm bugs etc.. This is a rough one.

Besides the myriad of publishes that was the Age of Shadows disaster can anyone list some of the other notoriously bad UO publishes? (as far as bugs etc)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pre-Trammel... the "armageddon" publish aka "The sudden, rapid decay of EVERYTHING"

Nothing will beat that one IMO.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haha i missed that one. what was it if you put something on the ground it pretty much disappeared like a newbie item? or even faster than that?

L

Lore Master

Pre-Trammel... the "armageddon" publish aka "The sudden, rapid decay of EVERYTHING"

Nothing will beat that one IMO.
is that the bug that everyone lost there houses i heard of it but was before my time?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Try people's houses and this was BEFORE lockdowns/secures.

Oh and a stat bug that gave you something like 17k in a stat (if it wqas strength, you couldn't move, but you couldn't be killed either).

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish 16's glitchy introduction of the new crafting menus was way worse than this as well.. so was about 5 publishes on both sides of the AoS introduction. Saying this one is "one of the worst ever" is a major overstatement.

L

Lore Master

Publish 16's glitchy introduction of the new crafting menus was way worse than this as well.. so was about 5 publishes on both sides of the AoS introduction. Saying this one is "one of the worst ever" is a major overstatement.
the biggest problem i had with AOS is they stopped the monthly rares from spawning when it came out besides that i had no problem with aos.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah.. but there was about 4 publishes in the middle where the majority of the playerbase was blackholed, and the ones around those were still fairly buggy with major excess lag.

O

Old Man of UO

And then there was the patch that stopped all spawning in dungeons... I was in shame and it was empty, top to bottom!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
seeing as how it corrupted my windows os to never allowing connection from UO's login server and port, and my attempt to run a windows repair shifted most of my drive into badsectors, and i have to buy a new hard drive to try and recover the last two years of my life on. as well as play UO. yeah.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Besides the myriad of publishes that was the Age of Shadows disaster can anyone list some of the other notoriously bad UO publishes? (as far as bugs etc)
Stuff happens. The only way people make mistakes is trying. If you do nothing, you never screw up. Think about it.

D

Deb

Actually Publish 55 is pretty darn awesome in my opinion. What with
the new Vet rewards, the bug fixes and Plants. Nothing that big is
going to go thru without a hiccup or two.:)

E

Evilminion

You know, when I first saw this thread title show up in the UHall threads list, I thought, "well, that's an interesting question; I'm quite pleased with this publish, but I'll go see what his argument is"... and then I saw who'd started the thread. rolleyes: :violin:

I wish I had as much free time as drinkbeerallday obviously does. I'd actually do something with it.

For the record, between the new vet rewards, the new seeds and deco plants, and what are obviously backend hooks for upcoming event content, I'm happy as a clam with this publish. And should be happier still with the next one.

Bring on the war!

R

Rykus

Stuff happens. The only way people make mistakes is trying. If you do nothing, you never screw up. Think about it.
I dunno Kelmo, I've heard of plenty of wives that think their husbands are doing something wrong just by them sitting around doing nothing, all day..

:)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Disarm isn't a bug...lol.

From tonight...la

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I dunno Kelmo, I've heard of plenty of wives that think their husbands are doing something wrong just by them sitting around doing nothing, all day..

:)

Yeah... If the wives get pissed they can go play another game. *winks*

But if the husband trys something new... Some times it is wonderful... Some times it is not.