• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 52 - Complete list

G

<center>~ Publish 52 ~</center>

This is a full list of public changes we've made in this publish, including more details about the turn-ins and events coming up. This information may change during the course of testing as we make some adjustments.
<font color="grey">Contents:<ul>[*]Scenario 1: War of Shadows[*]Faction Updates[*]House Placement Changes[*]Spring Cleaning 2008[*]New Music[*]General Fixes[*]Testing Guidelines[/list]</font>
<font color="brown">Scenario 1: War of Shadows</font>
This publish introduces the advance forces of the Shadowlords, continually harassing the outlying Britannian cities during this scenario. Below are some details about the events coming up!
<ul>[*]Vanguard Controller<ul>[*]Rides the Dread Warhorse[/list]<ul>[*]Wields Obsidian Blade and Chaos Shield[/list]<ul>[*]Commands small units that attack the populace, from brigands to nightmares[/list]<ul>[*]Special AI to handle movement during combat[/list]
[*]New mount: Dread Warhorse<ul>[*]More powerful than a nightmare[/list]<ul>[*]Special radius poison attack (when untamed)[/list]<ul>[*]Special display "trick" for owners (when tamed)[/list]<ul>[*]Requires 3 control slots[/list]
[*]Obsidian Blade<ul>[*]Hit Life Leech: 10%[/list]<ul>[*]Hit Stamina Leech: 20%[/list]<ul>[*]Hit Chance Increase: 20%[/list]<ul>[*]Armor Ignore: 1%[/list]
[*]Chaos Shield<ul>[*]Black[/list]<ul>[*]Self Repair: 5[/list]<ul>[*]Reflect Physical Damage: 10%[/list]<ul>[*]Defense Chance Increase: 10%[/list]<ul>[*]Physical Resist: 15%[/list]<ul>[*]Other resists randomly set between 1% - 3%[/list]
[/list]The scenario will unfold over the coming month on a weekly basis, with ongoing appearances by the Vanguard. You can look forward to:<ul>[*]The Moonglow rift being closed[*]Access to more of the Ethereal Void[*]A major shift in politics[*]... and more![/list]
<font color="brown">Faction Updates</font>
In order to promote accessibility and invigorate Factions, we’ve made several changes and fixed some bugs. Additionally, Factions will play an important role in the Warriors of Destiny plot arc.<ul>[*]Faction size limit and load balancer removed: individual factions can grow to any size.<ul>[*]Previously capped at 200.[/list][*]Multiple characters from the same account may join the same faction[*]An account cannot have characters in different factions on the same shard[*]Removed 30 day character age requirement<ul>[*]“Young” players cannot join factions[/list]<ul>[*]“Young” players will be removed from guilds that join factions[/list][*]One vote in faction elections per account[*]Only one character per account may run in the elections<ul>[*]15 day character age requirement to run in or vote in elections[/list][*]Quit time reduced from 7 days to 3 days[*]Resolved issues with ghosts using stairs[/list]All account restrictions are based on the server played on. You can have an account in Shadowlords on Pacific, and Minax on Atlantic, but not have an account try to be in both factions on the same server.

<font color="brown">House Placement Changes</font>
This publish implements several changes to prevent house placement exploits.
House resizing moved to Pub 53
<font color="#666666">House resizing:<ul>[*]Saying “I wish to resize my house” demolishes your house, when said beneath your house sign<ul>[*]You'll receive a final warning confirmation window before it goes through[/list][*]Places a one hour account-bound placement zone where your house used to be<ul>[*]Any character on the account is guaranteed replacement on the same plot for an hour[/list]<ul>[*]Circumvents the normal 7 week delay between demolishes/rebuilds[/list]<ul>[*]The new house can be smaller or larger than the original area, as long as the surrounding area can accommodate the change[/list][*]This action is equivalent to demolishing your house:<ul>[*]Cannot resize if vendors/vendor belongings are present[/list]<ul>[*]Drops any objects in the house to the ground. You *must* clear your house before doing this to avoid item loss[/list]<ul>[*]If you have grandfathered houses, just like demolishing, this *will* condemn them[/list][/list]</font>Changes:<ul>[*]15 day character age requirement to place or trade a house[*]Water barrels/magic fields/etc will no longer block house placementIDOC behavior (houses that collapse through decay)<ul>[*]When an IDOC drops, housing cannot be placed on the lot for a random amount of time[/list]<ul>[*]Items that drop from the IDOC will have protections against scripted looting[/list][*]House placement tool will have a cooldown if used too many times in a given time period[*]Must now wait one hour after building a home before demolishing it (previously 15 minutes)[/list]
<font color="brown">Spring Cleaning 2008</font>
Ah, how time flies. Spring has come once again to Britannia, but the sweet smell of blossoming flowers outside our homes can’t belie the memories of battles fought long so very long ago. Or is that the chest overflowing with Ophidian weapons in the corner? Or maybe it’s the bag of cursed artifacts hidden upstairs?

Time to cleanup, Britannia!<ul>[*]Publish 52 institutes the first round of Spring Cleaning collections and rewards[*]Four NPCs around the world collect items in exchange for tickets[*]The tickets can be redeemed for rewards in a new community collection in Britain[/list]The following list of turn-ins and rewards are subject to change during testing - especially redemption values of points. Also, more rewards, including a mouse hole house-addon, will be available in Publish 53.<pre>
Turn-in items:
Copper Shilling ............................................... 100pts
Ophidian Rations............................................... 100pts
Planesword .................................................... 100pts
Planeshield ................................................... 100pts
Ophidian Orders ............................................... 250pts
Slippery Snake Skins .......................................... 400pts
Silver Crown .................................................. 500pts
Power Weapon .................................................. 650pts
Magincia Rubble ............................................... 800pts
Vanquishing Weapon ............................................ 1,000pts
Mystic Weapon ................................................. 2,000pts
Ophidian Journals ............................................. 2,500pts
Staff of Pyros ................................................ 2,500pts
Vorpal Blade .................................................. 2,500pts
Ophidian Weapon (Power) ....................................... 3,500pts
Cursed Artifacts .............................................. 5,000pts
Ophidian Weapon (Vanquishing) ................................. 5,000pts
Ophidian Weapon (Mystic) ...................................... 7,500pts
Berserker's Scythe ............................................ 10,000pts
Gold Sovereign ................................................ 10,000pts
Ophidian Berserker's Bardiche ................................. 25,000pts
Inavlis's Burchete ............................................ 2,000,000pts

Rewards:
Shirt: "I survived the Ophidian War" .......................... 1,000pts
Shirt: "I survived the snakes on the plains" .................. 1,000pts
Shirt: "I saved the day and all I got was this fancy shirt" ... 1,000pts
Shirt: "Free Ricardo!" ........................................ 1,000pts
Shirt: "Hang Ricardo!" ........................................ 1,000pts
Shirt: "Magincia Pride" ....................................... 1,000pts
Shirt: "Minax is #1" .......................................... 1,000pts
Shirt: "Council of Mages are #1" .............................. 1,000pts
Shirt: "True Britannians are #1" .............................. 1,000pts
Shirt: "Shadowlords are #1" ................................... 1,000pts
Nocturne Earrings ............................................. 5,000pts
Sherry the Mouse Statue ....................................... 10,000pts
Scroll of Alacrity ............................................ 20,000pts
Snake Skin Boots .............................................. 20,000pts
RBG Sash (Blue) ............................................... 30,000pts
RBG Sash (Yellow) ............................................. 30,000pts
RBG Sash (Red) ................................................ 30,000pts
RBG Sash (Green) .............................................. 30,000pts
RBG Sash (Orange) ............................................. 30,000pts
RBG Sash (Purple) ............................................. 30,000pts
RBG Sash (White) .............................................. 30,000pts
RBG Sash (Black) .............................................. 30,000pts
Knight's Close Helm ........................................... 100,000pts
Knight's Norse Helm ........................................... 100,000pts
Knight's Plate Helm ........................................... 100,000pts
Knight's Bascinet ............................................. 100,000pts
Knight's Gorget ............................................... 100,000pts
Knight's Gloves ............................................... 100,000pts
Knight's Arms ................................................. 100,000pts
Knight's Legs ................................................. 100,000pts
Knight's Breastplate .......................................... 100,000pts
Knight's Breastplate (Female) ................................. 100,000pts</pre>Descriptions:<ul>[*]Shirts<ul>[*]Different phrases[/list]<ul>[*]Blessed[/list]<ul>[*]Dyable[/list][*]Nocturne Earrings<ul>[*]Grayish silver[/list]<ul>[*]Night Sight[/list][*]RBG Sashes<ul>[*]"Royal Britannia Guard[/list]<ul>[*]One color per Virtue/Town[/list]<ul>[*]Blessed[/list][*]Scroll of Alacrity<ul>[*]Increase skill gain for 15 minute's in the scroll's skill[/list]<ul>[*]Skill is randomly set once redeemed from the collection[/list][*]Sherry the Mouse Statue<ul>[*]Larger than life statue of Sherry, in marble[/list]<ul>[*]Publish 53: Will be hooked into the town crier system ("news")[/list][*]Snake Skin Boots<ul>[*]Random snake skin hue[/list]<ul>[*]2% Poison Resist[/list][*]Knight's Armor<ul>[*]White[/list]<ul>[*]Each piece has 7% Resists, +1HP[/list]<ul>[*]Publish 53: Becomes a set of 6 pieces with additional bonuses<ul>[*]All 70's Resists[/list]<ul>[*]HP: +12[/list]<ul>[*]HP Regen: 2[/list]<ul>[*]Mana Regen: 2[/list]<ul>[*]DCI: 10%[/list]<ul>[*]HCI: 10%[/list][/list][/list]NPC Information:<ul>[*]Makiko the Samurai<ul>[*]&gt; Ophidian Journals[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Ophidian Orders[/list]<ul>[*]Zento, Rokuon Cultural Center, 1st Floor[/list][*]Lozat the Numismatist<ul>[*]&gt; Copper Shilling[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Silver Crown[/list]<ul>[*]Gold Sovereign[/list]<ul>[*]Britain (Trammel), East Britain Bank[/list][*]Calaid the Soldier<ul>[*]&gt; Ophidian Rations[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Slippery Snake Skins[/list]<ul>[*]Britain (Trammel), North guard tower at Castle Britannia entrance[/list]<ul>[*]Siege: Guard tower southwest of West Britain Bank[/list][*]Onoe the Soldier<ul>[*]&gt; Cursed Artifacts[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Magincia Rubble[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Planesword[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Planeshield[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Staff of Pyros[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Vorpal Blade[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Magical Weapons (Power, Vanquishing, Mystic)[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Ophidian Magical Weapons (P, V, M)[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Berserker's Scythe[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Ophidian Berserker's Bardiche[/list]<ul>[*]&gt; Inavlis's Burchete[/list]<ul>[*]Britain (Trammel), South guard tower at Castle Britannia entrance[/list]<ul>[*]Siege: Guard tower southwest of West Britain Bank[/list][/list]Spawn:<ul>[*]Normal Ophidians now have a chance to drop rations and snake skins. You can find them in T2A lands.[/list]Community collection box is located with Onoe the Soldier. To turn an item in, just drop it on the correct NPC. Saying "info" in front of an NPC will give you a list of acceptable items.

<font color="brown">New Music</font>
We've just added four brand new themes to UO! These will be integrated into various areas and epic battles, but you can listen to them right now by navigating to the /Music/Digital folder in your 2D installation.
<ul>[*]Castle[*]Festival[*]Honor[*]Medieval[/list]These new pieces are courtesy of Michael Gluck, who also arranged the Battle on Stones theme for us last year.

<font color="brown">General Fixes</font><ul>[*]Fixed a bug where players that use the Basket of Herbs could lose 20 points of cooking when the effect wears off instead of 10 points of cooking.[*]Explosion potion should no longer go off and reveal the player if the player is in no play mode (character transfer).[*]Pet release gump should now closed the moment a player is in no play mode during a character transfer.[*]Players should no longer be able to stable pets while a pet trade gump is open.[*]Spellweaving: Essence of Wind. Casting Speed and SSI debuff potency have been flip flopped[*]Fixed an issue with Ronin not being able to access secures in their own houses if permissions were set to "guild"[*]The Curse spell should no longer sometimes last past its intended duration[*]When a monster casts Curse on players the icon should now show in the buff icon tool bar[*]Fixed bugs where Paroxymus's swamp dragon can despawn if it is killed<ul>[*]Fixes the 2 rare mounts obtained from peerless mobs.[/list]<ul>[*]Will no longer be marked as a summoned pet.[/list]<ul>[*]Will no longer be deleted by other monsters special moves.[/list][*]Fixed a bug where some "Sacks of Flour" could not be used as a cooking ingredient[*]Players guarded by pets that are attacked via the Paralyze spell in a guard zone will no longer get guardwhacked[*]Flattened the ground to remove pit in Moonglow, on tram/fel.[*]Players who transfer to a shard from another will no longer start in Magincia.[*]Fixed a bug with the weight of stacks of bola balls being incorrect[*]Small stacks of ore should no longer get stuck in "This object is in use" mode[*]Runic fishing poles made with Oak will not return values of 0 any longer[*] $$$ Commas can now be seen in checks (instead of 1000000, you will see 1,000,000) $$$[/list]
<font color="brown">Testing Guidelines</font>

Stay tuned for announcements! We'll be doing public tests for IDOCs and more!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> oh

my

gosh

I'm afraid...... very afraid </font>

I

imported_Velvathos

"One vote in faction elections per account
Only one character per account may run in the elections"

Wait, wait, per account or per shard? I hope you mean per shard....

G

<blockquote><hr>

"One vote in faction elections per account
Only one character per account may run in the elections"

Wait, wait, per account or per shard? I hope you mean per shard....

[/ QUOTE ]Right, account per shard. I've updated the notes above. Thanks!

Account can be in Shadowlords on Pacific, and Minax on Atlantic, but can't be in both factions on one shard. Restrictions by account are only on the same server.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Draconi.....I love you! (NO not in that way Kilandra don't worry)

GREAT Publish I am SOOO looking forward to it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cocoa trees are where?

[/ QUOTE ]Ah... moved to a later publish. *runs for it*

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*Laughs* You better run fast Drac...Mel's on a rampage about them trees!

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Oh my.

A few quick thoughts. (Upon looking this over I see that I have a muted tone which will be taken for lack of enthusiasm. Let me assure you in an understated, muted way that I am indeed enthusiastic.)

1. UO is taking a (further) turn toward the grim. (No, not a complaint, just an observation.)

2. The "Knight's Armor" makes a HELL of a lot more sense now. Thanks for the clarification, D.

3. The turn-in point values still seem incredibly low for the most part. (A few nice surprises like the awesomely high value for Invalis's Burchette.) You should consider turning many of these up, I would argue.

4. "major shift in politics." Uh oh.

5. I'm not a pack rat, so I'm.....I won't say I'm left out of this. I will say that I am disadvantaged. I can't really complain though, honestly! I made a conscious decision to sell rather than horde......What am I gonna do, whine now when I got rich at the time? Doesn't seem right to whine, now does it.

6. Intriguing. (That's a good thing.)

7. Does UO's turn toward the grim reflect the mood of Ultima 5? Or does it reflect the influence of Warhammer/Mythic? (Anyone remember the old tabletop Warhammer RPG? Very, very grim. The good guys were fated to lose, the rising tide of evil could not be stopped.) Neither of these are bad things, but thinking about these questions might give us insights on what's going on in Virginia.

8. Is there enough for the good guys in there? Is more good guy stuff coming later?

9. Any chance of Factioners being able to be healed/rezzed outside of Felucca?

Thank you, as always, for the update D.

Should be good to play through.

*Galen grimly and resolutely sharpens his weapons.....in the distance, a storm is brewing*

-Galen's player

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Ophidian Journals were pretty rare if i remember right. I dont think i'll be giving up any of mine now.

G

Just a note
Idoc changes = Love

Now for the rest of the news.

Ophidian Journals were harder to get than the Ophidian Orders.
Staff of Pyros was easier to get than Mystic weapons...

I

imported_Telerandil

Thanks, Draconi! Hoping to be able to test these out on TC soon.

G

Upon further thought the points are pretty skewed.
That's really going to make things hard. I've got two berzerker bardiches I may trade.. that will get me 50K points. I can almost get a pair of boots... ??

*wonders if she's way out there or if anyone agrees*

G

Yes. I have enough plain swords &amp; sheilds to get 1/2 of a shirt........anyone want to go in for the other half? We share, i get even number days, and you get odd days.........hehe

L

Locus_Ceruleus

Thoughtful post, Galen.
<blockquote><hr>

9. Any chance of Factioners being able to be healed/rezzed outside of Felucca?

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this would make factions FAR more attractive.

G

You got the fields and water barrels, but moongates still block house placement. Also after placing and demolishing a house it said I had to wait 8 hours before I could place another. That would make positioning houses right where you want them a potential multi-day task.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Circumvents the normal 7 week delay between demolishes/rebuilds

[/ QUOTE ]

When has there ever been a 7 week delay between demolishing and rebuilding a house. I have built and demolished houses several times in the same day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You got the fields and water barrels, but moongates still block house placement. Also after placing and demolishing a house it said I had to wait 8 hours before I could place another. That would make positioning houses right where you want them a potential multi-day task.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you say "I wish to resize this house"? Or whatever the code words are?

G

Cursed Arties are worth more points then they should be, they were farmed in mass. But I guess that was the point, so in that case nevermind.,

J

joblackjon

Everything about the publish is good...
except the turn-in/claim points.
I did some quick math and my 4 full chests of Ophidian crapola may get 3-4 low end items but no chance at even armor piece.
Out-of-whack!!!

G

This all looks lovely.

(PS bless them earrings and add a few 'rp' type sayings on them clothes) :p

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well lets take a look:

Ophidian Rations(ON EVERY OPPIE except serpents and snakes) 10pts
Planesword (ON EVERY FALLEN WARRIOR50/50) 20pts
Planeshield (ON EVERY FALLEN WARRIOR50/50) 20pts
Copper Shilling (VERY COMMON) 50pts
Ophidian Journals(VERY RARE *I have 17*) 100pts
Ophidian Orders (SEMI-COMMON) 200pts
Slippery Snake Skins (SEMI-COMMON at least 3 from each queen)250pts
Silver Crown (SEMI-RARE) 400pts
Power Weapon (COMMON found ALOT)500pts
Vanquishing Weapon (SEMI-RARE hard to find)650pts
Magincia Rubble (VERY COMMON) 800pts
Mystic Weapon (RARE hard to find) 1,000pts
Staff of Pyros (COMMON I just threw 20 away lol)1,500pts
Vorpal Blade (SEMI-COMMON after the change) 1,500pts
Ophidian Weapon (Power) (SEMI-RARE) 2,000pts
Ophidian Weapon (Vanquishing) (RARE) 2,500pts
Ophidian Weapon (Mystic) (VERY RARE) 3,500pts
Cursed Artifacts (SO COMMON IT'S NOT FUNNY) 5,000pts
Berserker's Scythe (COMMON) 7,500pts
Gold Sovereign (SEMI-RARE) 10,000pts
Ophidian Berserker's Bardiche (RARE) 25,000pts
Inavlis's Burchete (OMG RARE) 2,000,000pts

The above are from my experiances only and may not reflect on others but I do think the points are a bit skewed.

D

Daren Athlorn

My observations on the turn in points...

1. Journals should be worth a lot more than orders, since journals were much rarer.

2. Ophidian Berserker's Bardiches are a lot rarer, and 25,000 points doesn't seem like its even worth it to hand them in. I'd personally say double the points for them (50,000) at least.

2. Not sure about the points, on one hand if they are geared to be quite rare, the points amounts are fine. However if the casual player wants to obtain some things, maybe an overall boost of hand in points would be in order.

Just my thoughts, all the other stuff is amazing, just make sure nothing has the potential to be exploited (mouse holes especially)

S

Smokin

I hope the I wish to resize my house thing only works when your at your house.

G

Question:

Can accounts with multiple houses make use of house resizing or does it condemn other houses?

I

imported_kinney42

<blockquote><hr>

Planesword .................................................... 20pts
Planeshield ................................................... 20pts
Power Weapon .................................................. 500pts
Vanquishing Weapon ............................................ 650pts
Magincia Rubble ............................................... 800pts
Mystic Weapon ................................................. 1,000pts
Staff of Pyros ................................................ 1,500pts
Vorpal Blade .................................................. 1,500pts

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said when this was first announced a few days ago......not worth our time to lug it all to the turn in place.
1500 points for the vorpal and staff? Are you kidding me?
500 for Rubble! now you're just insulting us!
Oh an I know it was easy to get the planeswords/shields but 20 points? 20 God **** points!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Cocoa trees are where?

[/ QUOTE ]Ah... moved to a later publish. *runs for it*

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for answering, Draconi.

G

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cocoa trees are where?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah... moved to a later publish. *runs for it*

*Gets out her rolling pin*

Aw, well I'll settle for the basket of herbs fix and the flour bag fix for now.

Thanks for the luv'n for the cooks Draconi!

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Knight's Armor
White
Each piece has 7% Resists, +1HP
Publish 53: Becomes a set of 6 pieces with additional bonuses

That last part will be the deal breaker for many people if this armor is worth it.

S

superstang

General question on resizing:

I believe the normal placement rules require 3 spaces in front and behind the house and 1 space to each side.

Are these spaces included in the "no place" zone for other players when in resize mode? In other words I want to make sure that no one can run up and place within this buffer zone while I am in resize mode and thus prevent me from replacing my house exactly like it was. Has anyone checked this on test? This will take two people or two accounts to check so I cannot do it. Plus I am still at work.

Also, what happens if I am in resize mode trying to maximize my plot and I lose connection? Or worse what if my internet connection tanks for longer than the resize time limit? Is my existing house automatically replaced?

Oh ya...I sold my Ophidian Berzerker's Bardiche for 5 million gold, so with the current points the armor should be worth 40 million a piece. 240 for the set?Right? I know this isn't accurate, just food for thought.

G

Here's a pic of what I got when I tested house re-sizing.

I placed a house and customized it.
I said "I wish to resize my house" and poof it was gone. I got a message that 100K was placed in my bank box.
I tried a house that wouldn't fit and got the customary message.
Then I placed this one.
I got NO conformation gump asking me the usual "is this what you want"... the house just placed.
Note the message I received about having to wait 7 hours though.
Pic for reference:

G

Are you also getting trapped under the house when you place? I'm getting that.

G

What purpose does a 7 hour timer have? if they have fixed scripting these house placement rules are not needed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ophidian Journals ............................................. 100pts
Ophidian Orders ............................................... 200pts

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooo...uhh...do the people who came up with the point spread play UO?

While that might seem like some heavily dripped sarcasm I honest to dog am really wondering. I can only assume that for some reason this is merely a mistake and the points given for these were done in haste.....by interns....at WoW.

S

superstang

<blockquote><hr>

While that might seem like some heavily dripped sarcasm I honest to dog am really wondering. I can only assume that for some reason this is merely a mistake and the points given for these were done in haste.....by interns....at WoW.

[/ QUOTE ]

My nomination for quote of the week!!!!

I

imported_kinney42

<blockquote><hr>

Sooo...uhh...do the people who came up with the point spread play UO?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the points that clued me in that they don't play......it's the rewards.
If they actually played the game, the "uo player" side of them would have punched the "dev" side of them in the mouth 2 seconds after reading the "Reward" list.

D

DeNomolus

Turn in values... why don't you slap the other side of my face while you are at it? I'm not asking for handouts, just the possibility of earning some items without having to play the game from the moment I wake up in the morning until I go to bed at night. The items aren't that powerful to begin with, so why do they require so many points to obtain?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I said "I wish to resize my house" and poof it was gone. I got a message that 100K was placed in my bank box.

[/ QUOTE ]
There was no confirmation asking you if you were sure you wanted to do that?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are you also getting trapped under the house when you place? I'm getting that.

[/ QUOTE ]
No I'm not. It appears that I am under the stairs in that pic but I just walk out from there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
There was no confirmation asking you if you were sure you wanted to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]
No there was not. The larger house just placed and I got a message about increased storage.... that apparently I missed in the screenshot :/ it was mixed in with the 7 hour message that = false since I didn't have to actually wait.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*Laughs* You better run fast Drac...Mel's on a rampage about them trees!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah hah! Not really. Well sorta.
But, I like Draconi and Leurocian so I'm not ready to give up hope yet.

G

*shrugs*

I dunno. Too many times have I seen posts by team members that are wrong or just plain off when it comes to the game itself. Players know far more than developers about the actual workings of the game and I don't fault them for that but it gets exasperating at times when the gap is so large between experience and observation.

Which was harder to get; an ophidian order/journal or a cursed arti when they were dropping 5 at a damn time?

Harder to get; cursed artis or vorpal blades/staff of pyros?

*sighs*

I really hope the bolded "subject to change" is genuine. And before the item crybabies start up with their silver plate garbage I'm not looking for an uber item handout. Something along the lines of reasonable will be fine.

G

True but we have to remember that cursed arties really do have a use. Some folks find them useless because they are cursed. But for pvm they are quite powerful. Many folks will think twice about turning in their cursed arties... at least the items like ornaments and magi hats.

G

I would agree with you had they not changed DOOM recently and made those artifacts attainable. No, the cursed artis are off scale to the rest of the turnins.

Plus, I see more people with staff of pyros than cursed artis. Those were one of the few items given out in the last few years that were worth actually obtaining.

G

Certain cursed arties will be insta-turn ins (Holy Knight's Breastplate anyone?) while others will probably remain in players' inventories (Ornaments).

Coins will turn in fine, though I'll personally keep a set or three.

Journals and Orders need to be swapped pointwise

Planesword/shield just turned into the biggest waste of space piles of junk there are. Almost feel like betting on them getting attributes down the road than turning them in (probably keep one of each though).

Event weapons will depend on the weapon and the player. If it has useful mods, expect them to be kept for event purposes, if not or is the wrong weapon type, then it will be turned in.

Even at 2 million points, someone would have to be pretty dumb to turn in an Inavlis' Burchette.

F

Fayled Dhreams

wow ... yeah ... mayhaps a little bit of the "subject to change during testing - especially redemption values of points."

OR

maybe a "Set" of the Knights armor (Legs, breast, neck, helmet, arms, and gloves ... 6 pieces) for a Total of 200,000 points ...
(instead of 6 x 200k = 1.2 million pts)

still ...

*shrugs* maybe ... I've in the neighborhood of:<pre>
18 coppers .. 900 pts
4 silver ....... 1600 pts
3 gold ....... 30,000 pts
230 sw/sh ... 460 pts
Berserkers .. 7,500 pts
-----------------------------------------
..........40,460 pts</pre>

still doesn't put me in range of any "high ends", like the suit ...

I mean ... 4 boat loads of the shields and swords ...

*shrugs*

We'll see ... hey! maybe mix the "new" armour in with the anti-virtue dungeon set ...
some way ... over the long term ... to get one ...