• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Public Medusa Run

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings everyone, I am currently gathering keys for Medusa. I already have 3 sets, and hope to get more. I want to do this sometime Sunday, possibly around 2PM EST. Everyone is invited, Hope to see you there.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never hunted her, what are handy skills to have along with the Magery skills when going after her?

Any tactical advise for the inexperienced monster munchie? :spider:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mage/myst works. Personally i take either my sampire, or Vic with 115 Magery, 120 Mysticism, 120 Spellweaving, 120 Eval, 120 Focus, and 120 Meditation. I can solo her on the Sampire.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tanivar, Medusa has statues in her room. As you damage her, they come to life. Typical strategy is have some one damage her until all the statues wake, kill all of them, then focus on her uninterrupted. However, she will Petrify you. A copy of your toon will appear in a few seconds. It is IMPERITAVE that you kill these as soon as possible. Always stop attacking medusa to kill them. To avoid being petrified, you apply Gorgon Lenses to your equipment. These can be crafted. Be sure to take some orange petals with you.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage/myst works. Personally i take either my sampire, or Vic with 115 Magery, 120 Mysticism, 120 Spellweaving, 120 Eval, 120 Focus, and 120 Meditation. I can solo her on the Sampire.
I can do the Magery/Weaver Meditation/Focus combo with Eval. Probably add Wrestling to that.
To avoid being petrified, you apply Gorgon Lenses to your equipment. These can be crafted. Be sure to take some orange petals with you.
Might have to bide my time until the next hunt, the lense ingredients are not dropping much. Probably should get in there solo and check the place out first anyways so I can get an idea of what to do and not to do.

Do the lenses use imbuing slots and stay on the item permanently, or can they be taken off?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can do the Magery/Weaver Meditation/Focus combo with Eval. Probably add Wrestling to that.

Might have to bide my time until the next hunt, the lense ingredients are not dropping much. Probably should get in there solo and check the place out first anyways so I can get an idea of what to do and not to do.

Do the lenses use imbuing slots and stay on the item permanently, or can they be taken off?
don't worry about it, come on in and have some fun, as long as you can heal and cast some summons, you'll do fine

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

the lenses stay on permanently. I put them on a pair of the cleanup nightsight earrings and then put them in a box after until the next one.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Lenses are optional. They make things easier but I almost never have them. they take up no slot, you dbl click them and select the item to apply it to. Just go, it'll be fun and you can get some great drops.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's a great idea becca. If I remember correctly, while we're there, you can carve scales off of her with a blade while we fight her

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I almost never have any Gorgon lenses on when I´m in there. Your evil twin is pretty easy to kill if you attack it immediately. Your summons' twins might be a tad bit harder.

You can use a blade on Medusa both while she is alive and on her corpse to get the scales. I believe that the scales you get while skinning her alive gives a slightly better end product than the ones you get from her corpse.

But nevertheless, the Gorgon lenses is definately not necessary to join the hunt.

Good luck everyone.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have never done a Medusa party either. I will see what I can do with Pink.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Indeed you can carve scales off of her while fighting. those scales are the best for Making Gogon lenses, they last far longer and are less likely to fail than any other ones, including the ones you carve after she dies. Hope everyone can make it.