• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Public Harrower 29.01 2011, 30.01 2011. Next one Thursday!

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next Public Harrower Thursday 10th february.

The next public harrower will be tomorow (thursday 10th february).
Sorry for such short notice, been busy. The time is same as last one (10pm GMT+1)

Old msg beneath:
Ive decided to spawn a publich harrower right now on Europa.
You all know Ive been buying skulls for the sake of public harrowers, Its time to spawn!

Thanks to all that sold me skulls of various kind online.

Harrower will be spawned on #Europa right now.
if you miss it dont worry, there will be more!

best regards
Legendary psycho (yea the one whos hated, evil and decided to buy skulls for ehm, public harrowers.)

do post pics, me gusta mucho.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Re: Public Harrower 30/01 2011 at 12am

Got no pics, was on the wrong character when I wandered in, and it was way to late fer me >.<

Do its on a Friday about 8pm next time, some of us have gotta nap dag nabbit >.<

*waves a fist and grumbles about the mages of today before getting a cocoa and a hot water bottle*

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Public Harrower 30/01 2011 at 12am

Next harrower will be: Tonight 8pm GMT+1

The time is set and will not change.

As usual a note will be posted in general chat.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Public Harrower 29.01 2011 and a new one 30.01 2011

Next public harrower: Thursday, february 3rd @ 10pm (gmt+1)

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Third harrower: location Deceit 3 deceit in a row :D

How it ended I dont know, I just spawn it, you finish it!

Next public harrower is not scheduled, I will come back with a date and time well in advance. posted in this thread with a title change.

ps: I my UO gold = your entertainment :)

/psycho

P

Professor Moriarty

SL won it in the end. 7 +25 scrolls from it. It was a better fight this time as GOD and 2.0 never allied up to Kill SL this time, so the fighting went on for a good bit.

It was good to see random blues there too trying to kill the reds.

Great fun cheers Psycho!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, 2.0 turned up, killed all the SL, and went to bed.

Left it for blues to kill.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, 2.0 turned up, killed all the SL, and went to bed.

Left it for blues to kill.
Merv you managed to kill "SOME" of SL when they tried to rush you holding a choke point (the front door) with a few necros spaming wither. When all SL lagged out and some crashed when they get in.

But once they came back. they Killed you and your noob guildies. You were so disheartened you left!

As per the norm now! SL destroy 2.0 and they don't come back. 1 trick poneys!!!

Your team are so bad that VIP now present you with a good/fair fight! I watch you fight them at COD the other day. The only reason you won was due to you out numbering them 2-1

Stop trying to talk like Blazing, it does not suit you :thumbdown:

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to argue whos best, I will spawn one tomorow!
Then we'll see who Decides

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to argue whos best, I will spawn one tomorow!
Then we'll see who Decides
Nice one! Only problem is that the Noob Guild we all know as 2.0 will team up with GOD as per your second harry and totaly destroy any chance of good PvP. They want the scrolls not the PvP.

Your last harry we had control of from the start and we could have held the choke points and killed the hary within 30 mins. But we wanted PvP so the harry didnt get touched untill there was no or little pvp left.

But like the magots they are, GOD/2.0 are greedy for gold and dont want PvP

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys, seriously .... it's bad enough getting all the e-peen waving and 'you cheat - no we don't, YOU cheat' squabbling in general chat, please can we leave it out here?

Psycho's doing something people seem to find fun - good luck to him, and if you want to squabble about what goes on there, please do it where all the people who might care are present......

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys, seriously .... it's bad enough getting all the e-peen waving and 'you cheat - no we don't, YOU cheat' squabbling in general chat, please can we leave it out here?

Psycho's doing something people seem to find fun - good luck to him, and if you want to squabble about what goes on there, please do it where all the people who might care are present......
Dude, were the pople who is finding it fun. Now if this is not your thing, PvP over a harry then i sugest you run along and read something more to your liking. You wont find anything here to suit your tast buds.

Now take your "E-Peen" and run along, there is nothing here for you!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That will be quite enough of that, thank you.

Opinions, differing or otherwise, can be freely expressed - and should be expressed without fear of ridicule or attack.

Keep it civil.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, were the pople who is finding it fun. Now if this is not your thing, PvP over a harry then i sugest you run along and read something more to your liking. You wont find anything here to suit your tast buds.

Now take your "E-Peen" and run along, there is nothing here for you!
You misunderstand, Winker ... true, PvP isn't my thing, but a lot of you guys love it, and regularly say there are too few players trying it out - but it's hardly going to appeal much to new blood if all they see is regular obscenities and insult in general, and nothing but 'we are better than you, no WE are better than you' arguments there and everywhere else.

It makes it look like PvP is home only to foul-mouthed children who spend all their time squabbling, which is not true but is the impression folks can get when it is all they ever see. Arguing amonst the PvP folks is fine, since you know what you are doing, know and like/hate each other, and generally have fun with what you are doing - but if it's the only window on that style people ever see, you can't be surprised if it never gets a bigger level of interest, now can you?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You misunderstand, Winker ... true, PvP isn't my thing, but a lot of you guys love it, and regularly say there are too few players trying it out - but it's hardly going to appeal much to new blood if all they see is regular obscenities and insult in general, and nothing but 'we are better than you, no WE are better than you' arguments there and everywhere else.

It makes it look like PvP is home only to foul-mouthed children who spend all their time squabbling, which is not true but is the impression folks can get when it is all they ever see. Arguing amonst the PvP folks is fine, since you know what you are doing, know and like/hate each other, and generally have fun with what you are doing - but if it's the only window on that style people ever see, you can't be surprised if it never gets a bigger level of interest, now can you?
Funny thing is people never come into PvP to be like that. But its such a competitive part of the game, people tend to go from one extreme to another. Noone likes to lose. So when they do lose they like to have there say! You cant say that people are not entitled to have there say!

Now when it comes down to calling the other side cheats, its normally all being directed at one PvP guild, who admit on other internet forums that they use the said cheats. They even go as far as posting screen shots of them self using these 3rd part programs .

Now I hear loads of people complain about the banter that goes on in general chat, between the PvPers. I find myself asking would these same people go into a Bikers Bar for a few drinks and not expect to hear some foul language? The same could be said for general chat, you know at some point this sort of behaviour is going to kick off, so either leave when it does or put the offenders on your ignore list. Yu don't have to read it. No one is forcing you to read it!

But its not just UO PvP that like this, I have seen old men in the Bar playing dominoes and get just as heated. When I see stuff like that i sit back with my pint of beer and think...there is still hope for me yet!

:smooch

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That will be quite enough of that, thank you.

Opinions, differing or otherwise, can be freely expressed - and should be expressed without fear of ridicule or attack.

Keep it civil.
You know me better than that! That was not even meant as an attack! If I intend attack some one verbally they are left in no uncertainty what my intentions are.

If someone does not like a topic that has been posted, don't open it and then read it, and then go onto make comments on how you hate to read such stuff.

That’s as good as taking a top shelf magazine with naked girls in and then taking it to the casher to complain you don't like the content! What do you think the casher's response is going to be?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know me better than that! That was not even meant as an attack! If I intend attack some one verbally they are left in no uncertainty what my intentions are.

If someone does not like a topic that has been posted, don't open it and then read it, and then go onto make comments on how you hate to read such stuff.

That’s as good as taking a top shelf magazine with naked girls in and then taking it to the casher to complain you don't like the content! What do you think the casher's response is going to be?

The topic is when the public harrys are going to be, not who is cheating, not cheating, winning, losing etc etc. It's the sort of thread title that will pull in browsers, and players like Aurelius, who I know flirts with Fel on occasion. I also know the main reason he and many others do little more than flirt is because of the attitude displayed by 90% plus of the Fel pvp population.

And yes, I do know you; if I didn't know you, I'd have pulled your post and smacked you with the infraction hammer. Sometimes, I think you guys forget that this isn't general chat and blunt isn't, as a rule, the way to go. Yes, you're passionate about your playstyle, which is something I can admire. But you need to understand that some of the stuff that goes with that playstyle is pretty abhorrent to the rest of the shard population.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The topic is when the public harrys are going to be, not who is cheating, not cheating, winning, losing etc etc. It's the sort of thread title that will pull in browsers, and players like Aurelius, who I know flirts with Fel on occasion. I also know the main reason he and many others do little more than flirt is because of the attitude displayed by 90% plus of the Fel pvp population.

And yes, I do know you; if I didn't know you, I'd have pulled your post and smacked you with the infraction hammer. Sometimes, I think you guys forget that this isn't general chat and blunt isn't, as a rule, the way to go. Yes, you're passionate about your playstyle, which is something I can admire. But you need to understand that some of the stuff that goes with that playstyle is pretty abhorrent to the rest of the shard population.
I understand what your saying, but i stand by these peoles right to have a rant at each other. I for the most part tend not to get too involved with it. All be it there are times i do get drawn in. But i stress, if you dont like what these people say, stick them on ignore. Its that simple. You dont have to put up with it.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand what your saying, but i stand by these peoles right to have a rant at each other. I for the most part tend not to get too involved with it. All be it there are times i do get drawn in. But i stress, if you dont like what these people say, stick them on ignore. Its that simple. You dont have to put up with it.

I have to disagree. Basic common courtesy dictates a certain standard of behaviour. If you wish to behave in a manner that falls below that standard, then YOU should remove yourself to a place where the rest of the folks, who do abide by that standard, don't have to put up with you.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to disagree. Basic common courtesy dictates a certain standard of behaviour. If you wish to behave in a manner that falls below that standard, then YOU should remove yourself to a place where the rest of the folks, who do abide by that standard, don't have to put up with you.
Your standards don't have to be their standards! Don't go pushing your morals on others who don't want your morals pushed on them. You have a choice of putting these people on ignore, you don't have to read what they type.

You have a choice!

You do not have to read their comments.

Its your choice to read or not!

If you chose not to put them on ignore then that’s your choice. But don't complain when their standards don't match up to yours.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your standards don't have to be their standards! Don't go pushing your morals on others who don't want your morals pushed on them. You have a choice of putting these people on ignore, you don't have to read what they type.

You have a choice!

You do not have to read their comments.

Its your choice to read or not!

If you chose not to put them on ignore then that’s your choice. But don't complain when their standards don't match up to yours.
You're missing the point. They're not MY standards. They're not my morals either, come to that. They are general societal standards. I don't believe they're lower than in real life, just because we happen to be communicating via the medium of a game. We are, after all, real people, in game or out. I'm not pushing anything on anyone.

I have no issue with the expression of opinions, whether I agree with them or not. My issue is with the way they are expressed, and whether that comes up to the standard that society, as a whole, in game or out, generally adheres to. I LOVE verbal/typewritten debate. I run a message board of my own because I love it. I thoroughly enjoy crossing verbal swords with people. But I do expect that to amount to much, much more than the standard smacktalk we see in global chat. If, out of a choice of several thousand descriptive words in the English language, the best you can manage is to tell me to do something anatomically impossible, using profanity, you're really not making the effort, either to keep your vocabulary up to scratch or to fulfill those standards that society expects of you.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're missing the point. They're not MY standards. They're not my morals either, come to that. They are general societal standards. I don't believe they're lower than in real life, just because we happen to be communicating via the medium of a game. We are, after all, real people, in game or out. I'm not pushing anything on anyone.

I have no issue with the expression of opinions, whether I agree with them or not. My issue is with the way they are expressed, and whether that comes up to the standard that society, as a whole, in game or out, generally adheres to. I LOVE verbal/typewritten debate. I run a message board of my own because I love it. I thoroughly enjoy crossing verbal swords with people. But I do expect that to amount to much, much more than the standard smacktalk we see in global chat. If, out of a choice of several thousand descriptive words in the English language, the best you can manage is to tell me to do something anatomically impossible, using profanity, you're really not making the effort, either to keep your vocabulary up to scratch or to fulfill those standards that society expects of you.
society is made up from many different groups, all with their own standards. I must have been brought up in an environment different from yours. Where the type of language you dislike is the everyday talk in my ghetto.

So now your telling me that due to my poor upbringing I should raise my standards to yours?

I don't think so!

I and the people I was brought up with are quite happy with our way of life and we don't very much like being told that due to the way we express ourselves we are considered to be parasites.

This is no more than your society trying to impose its self on my society. I don't care if 99% of the readers here or on UO hold your beliefs, the other 1% hold mine and were entitled to have our ways of expressing ourselves, even if it does upset you!

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fourth public harrower spawned.

The Yew team getting ready. (thanks for gate guys :D )

DiEs SL putting up defence while killing harrower a few screens away.

Meanwhile the DiE SL is killing the harrower, others are fighting for the right to raid.

How it ended I dont know, I spawn, you finish :D

Next public harrower will be announced atleast 24h in advance, as usual.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
society is made up from many different groups, all with their own standards. I must have been brought up in an environment different from yours. Where the type of language you dislike is the everyday talk in my ghetto.

So now your telling me that due to my poor upbringing I should raise my standards to yours?

I don't think so!

I and the people I was brought up with are quite happy with our way of life and we don't very much like being told that due to the way we express ourselves we are considered to be parasites.

This is no more than your society trying to impose its self on my society. I don't care if 99% of the readers here or on UO hold your beliefs, the other 1% hold mine and were entitled to have our ways of expressing ourselves, even if it does upset you!

Chippy much? I didn't use the word parasites anywhere.

I repeat, these are not my rules, they are general societal rules, the ones not written down, there's a fair few of em.

It's got nothing to do with the way you talk, and everything to do with the use of profanity, and such expressions as 'your mother' etc etc. That doesn't make people parasites; it makes them, sadly, unable to express themselves creatively and without offence. That's not societys loss, it's theirs.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chippy much? I didn't use the word parasites anywhere.

I repeat, these are not my rules, they are general societal rules, the ones not written down, there's a fair few of em.

It's got nothing to do with the way you talk, and everything to do with the use of profanity, and such expressions as 'your mother' etc etc. That doesn't make people parasites; it makes them, sadly, unable to express themselves creatively and without offence. That's not societys loss, it's theirs.
You don't have to put up with it!

Use IGNORE

You don't have to read it.

But you DON'T have the right to improach on our freedom of expression. You can make all the arguments all you like. The fact stands that UO allow us to use such language and they allow YOU the option to IGNORE it.

If there was anything wrong with how we chose to express ourselves the GM's would be able to had out suspensions. But as long as we don't enter into race hate and other shady areas we can use profanity until the cows come home.

What you like or dislike does not come into it, neither does your so called "General rules of society" You must all be speaking Garlic (No typo) over on the island. Where I live people use profanity every second word its a part of life. Out of touch with the common man maybe? Take your rose tinted glasses off and come see the real world.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fourth public harrower spawned.

How it ended I dont know, I spawn, you finish :D

Next public harrower will be announced atleast 24h in advance, as usual.
Well done mate!

2 and a half hours of non stop action!

we had 2 people killing the harry and 4 maybe 5 on defence.

32 scrolls gained 8 +25's

No sign of GOD...disappointing. Ok i lied it was nice to have fun without them :thumbup:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't have to put up with it!

Use IGNORE

You don't have to read it.

But you DON'T have the right to improach on our freedom of expression. You can make all the arguments all you like. The fact stands that UO allow us to use such language and they allow YOU the option to IGNORE it.

If there was anything wrong with how we chose to express ourselves the GM's would be able to had out suspensions. But as long as we don't enter into race hate and other shady areas we can use profanity until the cows come home.

What you like or dislike does not come into it, neither does your so called "General rules of society" You must all be speaking Garlic (No typo) over on the island. Where I live people use profanity every second word its a part of life. Out of touch with the common man maybe? Take your rose tinted glasses off and come see the real world.

Read what you agreed to when you signed up to play UO!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Words fit for a king!

Todays News,

A London mural by artist Rich Simmons depicts the prince dressed up as the Sex Pistols' leather-clad bass player, while a cigarette-toting Kate Middleton plays the role of Vicious's girlfriend, Nancy Spungen.

Above the pair are the words "FUTURE ****KING.
"Hopefully they will like it," Simmons, an ambassador for Prince Charles's charity, said Thursday. "I wanted to do something that would make William and Kate accessible.

"They are the modern breed of royals and they're not like the others, they are more down to earth. They're not the snooty types," the 24-year-old artist added.

Ps, i had this discssion with a GM. It falls within the rules. Nothing they can do about it. You have to remove your self from a situation if your not happy or use the ignore option. Try pageing a GM on some one about it.

If we were breaking the rules im sure they would have put a stop to it by now.

Edit: So why the inbuilt profanity filter? :thumbup:

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha! This thread was just brought to my attention!

Hilarious!!

2.0 and God get slated if they team up however Min Sl and blues all team up against 2.0 or God NOT against a teamed up 2.0 and God!

See the Irony?

As for 2.0 not continuing some of these events its simply bordering on too late for us to stay online so the 'Play till in stat then bed occurs' Some of us work sadly!

However Thx psycho your providing a great service to Europa and long may it continue!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha! This thread was just brought to my attention!

Hilarious!!

2.0 and God get slated if they team up however Min Sl and blues all team up against 2.0 or God NOT against a teamed up 2.0 and God!

See the Irony?

As for 2.0 not continuing some of these events its simply bordering on too late for us to stay online so the 'Play till in stat then bed occurs' Some of us work sadly!

However Thx psycho your providing a great service to Europa and long may it continue!
Let see the harry 2.0 & GOD teamed to do against SL was 7 2.0 + 5 GOD, against 7 SL. Which = 12 v 7

You could have had a fair fight that night 2.0 V SL but insted you choise to team upwith GOD so no fight could be had.

From what i hear about the harry Lastnight was, that SL+Min just made up the same numbers as 2.0 had. So it was a fair fight. Dont got cry about blues at the harry, its not their fault your red and they can attack you.

Ps. the SL who were playing lastnight were random SL and none of them were in vent. So if they teamed up with Min it was unorganised and there for you should have won since your all in vent!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The views and opinions expressed on this thread are purely the 2.0 member's own. Any claim, statistic, quote or other representation about 2.0 or the Harrower should be verified with Mervyn or party in question.

This thread does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.