• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Public CO-OP Fishing Houses (For Fishing Quests!)

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lobsters and crabs and fish-oh my!

Here's a little suggestion for those of you do fishing quests.

It seems no matter how much you fish, you always need 2 more hummer lobsters and have three extra apple crabs, etc.

On Great Lakes, for our guild mates, we have set a chest (and commodity box next to it) set for guildmates.

The idea is you leave your excess there and then take what you need. If I need three crusty lobsters, I should leave 3 or 4 crustys (or whatever similar I have).

I understand there is a similar one on Europa I am told.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea Gem, Stickied this so people can add their own shard co-ops.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa has a CO-OP owned by Cailleach, You can ask for her in general chat to gain access. Sadly it isn't public after a bad apple emptied the boxes. :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I HAD a co-op set up in the THB Guildhouse on Lake Austin, public access (on the floor with the Goodman books - middle teleporter), but I got slammed by a bunch of quests that literally had me emptying the boxes to fill them.

I may or may not start it back (despite advertising it in my alliance, it seems I was the only one adding to it or pulling things out), but the chests are still there to use (not labeled yet, and are the paragon chests on the west wall).

I also have some fish on sale for 10k per 20 on a vendor in Luna (if a fish got over 40 in the co-op, I would pull 20, deed them and sell them).

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Skeleton Key Shipping Company [SKS] has a Co-Op on Chesapeake. Would have had one for the FCB but my guildmaster dropped off the face of the planet a few months back :-(

Those who are part of the SKS will be made a friend of the SKS Tower in Kijustsu Anei Keys which will give you access to the “Fishmonger Chest Stock”. Inside you will find fish and lobster donated by your fellow SKS members to help you in your fishmonger quests.

If you have a lot of a particular fish, crab or lobster then drop it in the box and take something out you are running low on. This will be on the honor system, should a problem arise which we do not expect one to but if it does we will implement stronger security.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are any of these up and running? Does anyone use these at all now?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just started playing again in the last couple months, and haven't dropped a ship yet to start back fishing. If I do, I'll probably start some boxes back at the LA THB.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We stopped ours on GL for FCB after someone cleaned us out...*sighs* but always open to reviving it....