pub 45 on tc

• Thread starter imported_kalzaketh
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
I

imported_kalzaketh

did anybody have any luck taming the new super dragons I tried but only saw monochrome everytime I went in the portal to find one if we get those loose on napa they will be a high demand item one hit killers those guys even the tamed and bonded ones died fast to the wild ones these new dragons are going to be very rough for awhile even the barding levels were changed you would hear a bard tamer start then the death scream as the drag munched them spent alot of the weekend rezzing ppl on tc1 either rezzing others or rezzing myself lot of fun.

G

Yes, they have been tamed, probably with a healer (bring a friend). PM LadyNico maybe she will give you some tips.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
If anyone needs help with taming i can always help with my bard with 120 peace and discord and she's also a mage for rezzing and healing.

I

imported_kalzaketh

hehe not much alittle more excitment it was funny watching the fencers run in acting untouchable then 10secs later ghosting out the bigtalkers were the funniestsaw one person say I'll brb with a large pile of hides hehe, they brought a load out in thier drawers alright it'll be fun on a prod shard to watch the dexers race in and right back out

G

Easy to do (least I think), done 3 on TC, Easy to tame actually, just knock them down 3/4 life & Tame. I did the pound it down with my archer, brought it to a corner I hid & recalled out, got on other account tamed it. They do hit a tad, in my all 70's suit I took approx 60 to 65 hits on what seems like a Rikki or some of the EM event monster area spells. But it wasn't hard

G

I've lead tamed 6 of them so far without anyone else healing me, gave away 4 of them. The biggest pain in the ass about them is their casting AI, they spam spells like Rune Beetles, which isn't the worst part, considering i lead tame Rune Beetles too. The worst part is they seem to be able to detect when your casting, so they go into a "Disrupt" mode where they throw out tons of low level spells to disrupt your spell, makes healing a pain in the ass. Died a few times because my Heal Self and Greater Heal Self macro tweaked because it was disrupted, gotta hit the macro button twice to get it working again. Was once hit by 3 Flamestrikes in a row followed by a E-Bolt.

Trick is to balance out the spamming of Last Skill/Last Target macro and Mini Heals, and when he starts to breathe fire, get a Greater Heal ready, with them at full health and you in 70 Fire Resist, there Firebreath does 60 damage, their Claws do 40s damage with 70 Physical Resist, plus they do Bleed Attack. They can be a challenge for a single person, but if you can get a person to heal you, i suspect they'd be easy as hell to tame. They do like to switch targets however, so make sure you're healer is behind you, and not close to the Great Wyrm. Peacing is worthless on them, i watched a Tamer/Bard with 120.0 Music/120.0 Peace and a Drag Slayer Instrument fail most of the time to peace it, and when she did succeed, the Great Wyrm was only peaced for a few secs, they have a Barding Difficulty of 160. Was using a suit similar to the one my Tamer/Mage has on Napa, almost all 70's Resists, 45% DCI, except for suit on TC also had 100% LRC.

F

five oclock

Stupid question..

where are they again?

Sorry been off during the weekend

G

Great Wyrms are in Destard on TC 1, there's a chance that whenever a Dragon spawns in Destard that it will be a Great Wyrm. There is no way to tell the difference between a normal Dragon or a Great Wyrm unless you Lore it or it hits you, both of them have the name "a Dragon". The highest health seen on one so far is 1,874, that's 937 Health after Tame, and it wasn't Blessed. When tamed there melee skills drop from 120s-130s to 70s-90s, however they are able to get back up to 90% of what they were at before Taming. Also, after taming there Magery only drops by 10%, making it possible to have one with 120.0 Magery when freshly tamed, haven't seen any yet that has above that after tame.