• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Provocation! Anyone into it?

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out my new provo character:

Archery 120.0
Discordance 120.0
Musicianship 120.0
Provocation 120.0
Magery 115.0
Tactics 100.0
Chivalry 60.0

So, where do provo characters really shine? Champ spawns are eh, ok I suppose, but it seems like things die too quickly for it to make a whole lot of difference. I was thinking doom. Do the dark fathers pull you in if provo'd mobs hit them? Some hunting suggestions would be great!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm with the no magery group. Unless you were going to use EVs and drain all your mana.

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magery was just for invising, gates, heals, cures.. but I might ditch it for something else like necro I suppose

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out my new provo character:

Archery 120.0
Discordance 120.0
Musicianship 120.0
Provocation 120.0
Magery 115.0
Tactics 100.0
Chivalry 60.0
I don't think anything about this template will do well at all at anything. Making a 4/6 chiv template with the stamina to be effective on an archer will be expensive too.

My suggestion would be drop archery, drop tactics, drop chiv and do this:
120 Magery
120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 Music
120 Provoke
120 Discord

Use a -mage weapon magical shortbows configured to what you're fighting and figure out the swing speed-stamina to hit max swing. Magery gear will be cheaper and you'll have a great amount of mana to use bard spellsongs while your RC tanks what you're fighting. Swap provoke out for spellweaving and you have a nice boss fighting template.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! It's been really fun to experiment with different templates.
You don't need to alter your template that much. I too would advise switching magery out though. I'd probably take chiv to 100, tactics to 120, and add 60 anatomy for damage. Just remember you don't have to have elite gear or a perfect template to have fun. :D