• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Protection info? please

K

KidJoe

I was wondering if the information about protection on is up to date on the uo website or stratics. It is about getting an exact copy of what the other players have dropped in their bags. This seem inconsistent with what I have seen happening during camp spawns.
as stated here from

http://uo.stratics.com/content/virtues/justice.shtml

Whenever a character that you’re protecting receives a "scroll of power" as a reward for killing a Champion of Evil (the "boss monster" from a dynamic spawn area), you, as their protector, will also have a chance to receive an exact copy of that same scroll of power.

Each step gained in Justice will increase your chance of receiving a scroll in this manner.

* First step: 60% chance
* Second step: 80% chance
* Third step: 100% chance

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think that's right. With Knight of Justice I rarely get all the exact scrolls. It does happen though. I think they should change it so with Knight of Justice you get atleast one 120 scroll each time.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get the same amount of scrolls as the person you protect, but not always the same ones. I usually only get one or two the same as the person I protect

M

madox_inc

what if...

the guy that protects me do more damage than me.

would that give him less scrolls than if he didnt protect me?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what if...

the guy that protects me do more damage than me.

would that give him less scrolls than if he didnt protect me?
It would give you all less scrolls.

The protector gets the same number of scrolls as the people he/she protects. Since you can't protect yourself... if you are the protector and attack the champion... you lose the scrolls that would have been duplicated because no one was protecting you.