• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Proposal: Ankhs

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Now that we are getting some much needed new updates to towns I would like to make a formal request to update the Ankh in the Yew Abbey to be Paladin friendly and accept tithes like Luna... perhaps such a thing can be added to other cities as well but Yew has always had a lovely room in the Abbey with an ankh and we would love to see it updated.

Thanks.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This should be a no-brainer. All ankhs should be usable for tithing.

The first governor term, the governor of Skara Brae on Chesapeake asked for an ankh in Skara Brae, it being the city of spirituality. It didn't happen. I am not and have never been a Skara governor but that seems like a logical addition too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This should be a no-brainer. All ankhs should be usable for tithing.

The first governor term, the governor of Skara Brae on Chesapeake asked for an ankh in Skara Brae, it being the city of spirituality. It didn't happen. I am not and have never been a Skara governor but that seems like a logical addition too.
Oh I agree. I hate Luna with a passion. Even though I finally have a "Luna Vendor House"...... I use that house for the community. I keep boards in there for folk to contact the current Governors. Though it's hard sometimes to get Governors to use them. I also give current Governors on GL's access to put down books or runes to their homes, contact information and whatever in the building. Other than that I don't use vendors really myself the Vendors there all belong to RPer's who I allow to keep a Vendor there.... my only "requirement" or thing I ask is that they name their vendor after some actual UO player's character they admired who doesn't play anymore. This makes the place seem more "friendly". It has a Tavern I've always meant to use but never have.

But I think that the towns should have working Ankh's for Tithing.... as well as a Spellweaving Circle. I also think it's BEYOND time that Spellweaving was removed from that stupid quest you have to do in order to be able to gain in Spellweaving so we can use the freaking Mythic Token for it. Know why there aren't more spellweavers for the circle? Besides the fact that Spellweaving doesn't have a Mark/Recall/Gate function NO ONE likes to waste all the points on it and work it up. I'd have a lot more spellweavers if it weren't for that stupid quest. If I could just pick it from the get go at 30 or 40 skill and get some help with it in New Haven.. there is another reason why you don't have more Weavers for Circles. Newbs don't even know how to get Spellweaving.... it's left out of New Haven and you can't choose it as a skill in character creation... Which IMO is completely stupid... it's been YEARS since ML came out...... now ML is standard part of UO when you download it.... So it's BEYOND time to put the stupid quest to rest and let folk use the skill normally like any other skill. Mysticism is something I can choose at character creation...... why in the frell are we still limited with Spellweaving I'll never understand.

Also I'm hoping that you move the Shipwright in Yew closer to the Dock as well as the Minister of Trade. He ought to be closer to the Dock.

Another thing that bugs me to no end... don't know about other shards but why in the FRELL is the Moonglow Minister WAY out on the dock so far away from his box??? IS that to get me out on the water where all the spawn crap in the bay can get me?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Oh I agree. I hate Luna with a passion. Even though I finally have a "Luna Vendor House"...... I use that house for the community. I keep boards in there for folk to contact the current Governors. Though it's hard sometimes to get Governors to use them. I also give current Governors on GL's access to put down books or runes to their homes, contact information and whatever in the building. Other than that I don't use vendors really myself the Vendors there all belong to RPer's who I allow to keep a Vendor there.... my only "requirement" or thing I ask is that they name their vendor after some actual UO player's character they admired who doesn't play anymore. This makes the place seem more "friendly". It has a Tavern I've always meant to use but never have.

But I think that the towns should have working Ankh's for Tithing.... as well as a Spellweaving Circle. I also think it's BEYOND time that Spellweaving was removed from that stupid quest you have to do in order to be able to gain in Spellweaving so we can use the freaking Mythic Token for it. Know why there aren't more spellweavers for the circle? Besides the fact that Spellweaving doesn't have a Mark/Recall/Gate function NO ONE likes to waste all the points on it and work it up. I'd have a lot more spellweavers if it weren't for that stupid quest. If I could just pick it from the get go at 30 or 40 skill and get some help with it in New Haven.. there is another reason why you don't have more Weavers for Circles. Newbs don't even know how to get Spellweaving.... it's left out of New Haven and you can't choose it as a skill in character creation... Which IMO is completely stupid... it's been YEARS since ML came out...... now ML is standard part of UO when you download it.... So it's BEYOND time to put the stupid quest to rest and let folk use the skill normally like any other skill. Mysticism is something I can choose at character creation...... why in the frell are we still limited with Spellweaving I'll never understand.

Also I'm hoping that you move the Shipwright in Yew closer to the Dock as well as the Minister of Trade. He ought to be closer to the Dock.

Another thing that bugs me to no end... don't know about other shards but why in the FRELL is the Moonglow Minister WAY out on the dock so far away from his box??? IS that to get me out on the water where all the spawn crap in the bay can get me?
Luna needs to go the way of old Magincia...

They should move the shipwright in Yew... but I won't hold my breath. It never made sense to have a shipwright in the middle of the forest. Perhaps the Yew shipwright is actually a front for something seedy.

There are quite a few omissions in Haven. I'd love to see EVERY skill available as an accelerated gain quest up to maybe 75 or even 85 points or so. Vets already know how to game the system and have a major leg up with resources collected over many years, but for actual new players to march out of Haven thinking they can do much on 50 skill and whatever crap they got from the Haven graveyard is pretty sad, and probably quite discouraging. UO is not new player friendly at all.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Luna needs to go the way of old Magincia...

They should move the shipwright in Yew... but I won't hold my breath. It never made sense to have a shipwright in the middle of the forest. Perhaps the Yew shipwright is actually a front for something seedy.

There are quite a few omissions in Haven. I'd love to see EVERY skill available as an accelerated gain quest up to maybe 75 or even 85 points or so. Vets already know how to game the system and have a major leg up with resources collected over many years, but for actual new players to march out of Haven thinking they can do much on 50 skill and whatever crap they got from the Haven graveyard is pretty sad, and probably quite discouraging. UO is not new player friendly at all.
Oh I agree 100%. The saddest part is I know a few "newbs" that have recently returned and they thought they could just hop from the Graveyard there to going into that mine nearby....... WRONG.... I had to go rez them and save them about 6 times before I convinced them to take my advise and head into the Desert outside Tokuno and just focus on killing Deathwatch Beetle Hatchlings and the random orc.... I promised they would gain 100X better and die FAR less often. I was right.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the Ankh idea, being Minoc is the City of Sacrifice an Ankh would make sense. Given GL's new more magic friendly atmosphere in Minoc a spellweaver's circle wouldn't conflict too badly, but not all cities fit with the whole magic theme, as there is NO reagent shop or mage shop in Minoc in that respect it would feel out of place.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the Ankh idea, being Minoc is the City of Sacrifice an Ankh would make sense. Given GL's new more magic friendly atmosphere in Minoc a spellweaver's circle wouldn't conflict too badly, but not all cities fit with the whole magic theme, as there is NO reagent shop or mage shop in Minoc in that respect it would feel out of place.
Perhaps they need one! ... But I think given that we have had that Ankh at the Abby for years I think it ought to be put to good use and should allow our Paladin friends to Tithe there.